Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Garcia in talks to defend against Mauricio Herrera at 140lbs. next

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Garcia in talks to defend against Mauricio Herrera at 140lbs. next

Danny Garcia vs. Mauricio Herrera Bout in Talks? - Boxing News

I thought Danny was going to Welter, but it looks like he is staying at 140lbs for a little longer. Not an awful fight, but Garcia will win it and win it well. He's a class above guys like Herrera.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia in talks to defend against Mauricio Herrera at 140lbs. next

I knew he was serious about remaining at 140 but for freakin Herrera? Wow.. might as well just pack up and move up to WW if he's gonna waste time with lower B level opposition.

This is an easy tuneup..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia in talks to defend against Mauricio Herrera at 140lbs. next

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I knew he was serious about remaining at 140 but for freakin Herrera? Wow.. might as well just pack up and move up to WW if he's gonna waste time with lower B level opposition.

This is an easy tuneup..
    Seems like a step backwards, should have move to welter against a Malignaggi type. Only interested in seeing him face Provodnikov at 140 and the cold war prevents that maybe Peterson-Jean, but Herrera?
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not even know who Herrera is. Never remember seeing him fight.

Garcia has been fighting the very best he can, so if he wants a tune up then he's entitled to it in my opinion.

People said he was ducking Matthysse and that Lucas would beat him and he proved us wrong.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Herrera can fight a little bit and isn't afraid to bang a Provodnikov and beat him or war with Alvarado. I thought he made Mayfield look a bit, meh. Regardless Garcia doesn't belong in the ring with him coming off a career defining win. Strictly a 'stay busy' with the biggest fear a mental let down and looking beyond him for Danny. Nothing to gain for Garcia and a guy in Herrera who can be a hustling spoiler. This wont of course be anywhere near a ppv card...right

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

This is an easy tuneup..
    Seems like a step backwards, should have move to welter against a Malignaggi type. Only interested in seeing him face Provodnikov at 140 and the cold war prevents that maybe Peterson-Jean, but Herrera?
    Major step backwards.. joe blow herrera is the typical espn fighter..

I guess garcia deserves a soft touch but still, it's an odd move..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree that this is a weird fight to take. im fine with this fight if he fights 4 times this year but if he isnt staying that active then this isnt a good fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Being fair to Herrera, he holds a win over Provodnikov, but he lost to Alvarado. I've seen him a few times and he's not a bad fighter but he has nothing to trouble Garcia.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a step back, but in shape Herrera might be able to offer a test. The scale of the fight would give him a proper training camp, which I doubt he has had much of in his career.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe people are defending this fight. What an anti-climax.

Danny had such a great year last year and now he's coming off the biggest win of his career, where he whipped a guy who almost everyone thought would steamroll him. And this is how they follow it up? Fighting a guy who's nowhere near the top 10? And probably not even in the top 20? Yeesh.

Boxing makes no sense to me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Danny Garcia vs. Mauricio Herrera Bout in Talks? - Boxing News

I thought Danny was going to Welter, but it looks like he is staying at 140lbs for a little longer. Not an awful fight, but Garcia will win it and win it well. He's a class above guys like Herrera.
    I guess everyone needs a little break. A little pick me up fight. To be honest, and even though these fighters were over the hill except for two, he went through Matthysse, Khan, Morales (twice) and Judah. The man deserves a little break!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Who?
    The guy who camps outside the espn building with a bucket full of coins. He also got a gift against a shot mike dallas and got beat up by Karim mayfield...

Such a shit fight..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Herrera is tough but once you get to Garcias level you should only be fighting rated guys

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinking that 'looking beyond' won the night

Once again a 'FNF fighter' takes the network man to Hell

Thread Information