Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Utah giving homes to the homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Be a good move to make the houses solid concrete walls or solid brick with solid plaster rendered on all on top of a concrete slab floor with tiled floors throughout, the damage is minimum that you can do to one of those.
    So...like a prison
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In this day and age, there is no reason why everyone cannot realistically own a home and at an affordable cost. I've looked at the property markets in various US states and on the whole property costs seem much more reasonable there than in the UK or here. It's an interesting experiment, but having a home and not having to worry about rent every month can only be a massive help. After that, you have been helped more than enough, so get a job. Even a low paying one as you aren't blowing half your money on rent. Property, at least in the UK and here, is such a money drain, and it is money made off of bubbles. Nothing is being generated or made.

I look at the UK and think most of the problem is self created and the elite like the property bubbles and the banks love mortgage based indentured servitude. It doesn't need to be like that. Many houses are very old and are in poor condition. Most homes out here are tower blocks in the sky. I don't think they look very nice aesthetically; they are too expensive, but they are homes and there is nothing wrong with them. Sure, you don't have a garden, but you can't have everything. A government could easily push for these to be built and to build them cheaply and use them to replace the social housing that has all been sold off. In the space of 20 houses, you can house 200 families.

Close down Goldman Sach's and just give everyone in the country a house. You might as well just give people something rather than bailing out these corporations that only make money from money.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suppose once you have a house, then that's something people spend their life working for automatically settled. It's half the job of life over and you aren't giving massive amounts of money to the banks. They should be taken out of the equation. People need money in their own pockets to determine their own futures. Relying on banks and governments is not good and so a house as a one time deal, is a way of saying to people, this is your support. It takes out the rent and the mortgage lenders, and then you can say to people, 'You are so lucky, now at least do some work. Everything else is about your own adult choices'.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Be a good move to make the houses solid concrete walls or solid brick with solid plaster rendered on all on top of a concrete slab floor with tiled floors throughout, the damage is minimum that you can do to one of those.
    So...like a prison
    Aww, I forgot the bars.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are there any homeless people in Utah to begin with? Lets see California follow suite, see how that works out....

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got tried out here in one section,the beneficiaries burnt the floors and all the timber in the houses to keep them warm in the winter, so they could could have enough money left to keep smoking and drinking. .

You'd have to really be fussy over who gets in and who doesnt if you didnt build them fire and damage proof.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information