Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GGG might fight Andy Lee in April.. is he the new Erdei?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGG might fight Andy Lee in April.. is he the new Erdei?

Is he gonna call out jermaine taylor next? Fuckin the worst paper titlist ive seen in awhile.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG might fight Andy Lee in April.. is he the new Erdei?

Yes he is terrible , the highest Ko rate of any champion , 16 kos in a row , never really looked like losing in his career.
    One word - Garbage.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Lee isn't as bad as you are suggesting. He is better then most in the div. no hope against GGG but definitely as good as geale or Sturm.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the least it will give a comparrison against Chavez Jr

By rights he should anhialate Lee if he is what most seem to think he is.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Andy Lee isn't as bad as you are suggesting. He is better then most in the div. no hope against GGG but definitely as good as geale or Sturm.
    Andy lee isnt bad and I actually I like him but GGG has no business fighting him at this stage of his career.. he's been a titlist for how long but he's yet to face an elite opposition. He's the epitome of a paper champ until he proves otherwise..

Maybe Andy Lee is good as Geale, just maybe, but he's certainly not on the level of Sturm..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sturm would be a decent match. Hes not going to fall over and just come off a very good performance.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The stuff of legend. Truly we are in the age of heroes.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it's a fucking joke why he wont face anyone good. So many great fighters willing to face him yet he keeps this blatant duck job rolling.

Martinez will earn around 3x more against Cotto than what he would against GGG but that's no excuse for GGG not making these fights. Pure duckigery.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-02-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possibly because the top guys don't want to face him? He has low reward and he really wouldn't get anyone much money if they fight him. You see cotto calling out an injured Martinez. Why not call out GGG? Lara wants Canelo. Why not GGG? GGG can't give them want they want which is money. GGG has barely started getting exposure in the USA wait till he has more and then they have no option but to have to face him. Similar to how Floyd had to fight Canelo because of the demand for the fight and the money it generated. GGG is alot better then Canelo. Have you guys forgtten that GGG called out everyone from 154-175?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well he is just fighting guys that will agree to fight him?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Is he gonna call out jermaine taylor next? Fuckin the worst paper titlist ive seen in awhile.
    I'm not sure you've made yourself clear. Are you saying you don't think much of GGG?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Possibly because the top guys don't want to face him? He has low reward and he really wouldn't get anyone much money if they fight him. You see cotto calling out an injured Martinez. Why not call out GGG? Lara wants Canelo. Why not GGG? GGG can't give them want they want which is money. GGG has barely started getting exposure in the USA wait till he has more and then they have no option but to have to face him. Similar to how Floyd had to fight Canelo because of the demand for the fight and the money it generated. GGG is alot better then Canelo. Have you guys forgtten that GGG called out everyone from 154-175?
    The problem is there is no demand in the MW division. He needs to move to light middle or super middle to force big fights which is a shame.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    The problem is there is no demand in the MW division. He needs to move to light middle or super middle to force big fights which is a shame.
    Here is the comparison with Abraham. People are calling for him to move up but his advantages at middleweight wont transfer up with him and he would look mediocre.

Im not criticising his choice of opponents. There isnt a great deal of depth at middle. Just, I can see someone like Sturm will make him look ordinary. Sturm isnt a puncher but it will be his class that would trouble Golovkin.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post
    I'm not sure you've made yourself clear. Are you saying you don't think much of GGG?
    He appears to be a decent fighter but we'll never know what he's really made of if he keeps fighting these part time rental cops and dishwashers. That's what im saying..

He's good but he's not this killer that people make him out to be.. I could be wrong but that's the impression I get..

It's like with Lucas Mythese.. Everybody and their mama made him out to be the boogeyman just because he knocked out Mike Dallas lol and a weight drained Peterson.. Majority of the fans thought he'd knock out Danny Garcia easily ( real talk ) but I sure didnt see it that way.. I knew he wasn't good enough to beat Danny and i can back it up with the Saddoleague thread..

Anyway I kinda see GGG in the same light.. He's a good fighter but all that hype is unwarranted..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post
    He appears to be a decent fighter but we'll never know what he's really made of if he keeps fighting these part time rental cops and dishwashers. That's what im saying..

He's good but he's not this killer that people make him out to be.. I could be wrong but that's the impression I get..

It's like with Lucas Mythese.. Everybody and their mama made him out to be the boogeyman just because he knocked out Mike Dallas lol and a weight drained Peterson.. Majority of the fans thought he'd knock out Danny Garcia easily ( real talk ) but I sure didnt see it that way.. I knew he wasn't good enough to beat Danny and i can back it up with the Saddoleague thread..

Anyway I kinda see GGG in the same light.. He's a good fighter but all that hype is unwarranted..

I see some parallels with Matthysse as well. Its not like Lucas got schooled and dominated, he lost a close and good match to Garcia.

You are not exactly Nostradamus yourself either (real talk) lol

Honestly, Felix Sturm would be a great test for GGG, but Sturm of all folks should not be hailed as some hero to debunk GGG and his supposed fighting of nobodies. I mean lets look at Sturm's resume. There was a good stretch where he was fighting some truly questionable opposition himself.

Castillejo did stop him after all, so I'd imagine GGG would do the same. Yes, Sturm avenged it, but nonetheless.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information