Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default America and pet laws..

I dont have any pets.

I would consider a dog at some point when my children are possibly a bit older but i doubt it would really happen unless it was a smallish type dog with a good temperament.

I know that cats and dogs are the general pet here in the uk but i have just seen another video on worldstar with a young tiger just casually playing around in some young guys apartment.

I have seen other videos with owners having all types of lions and grizzly bears and etc.

I remember a story awhile back with the man who committed suicide and let all his animals free from his land..lions, tigers, bears leopards etc!!

Im just interested in what the wildest pets you do have and why the laws are so lax in the usa and is it only in certain parts?!

How is this legal when you look at the potential of damage these animals can do in this unnatural enviroment?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: America and pet laws..

This thread just took me back to 2006. There is this lake near my pad and it used to be the spot where I smoked out with my friends. Everyday you go you'd see the same people walking their dogs, playing with their kids, jogging, etc.. The lake isn't that big and the depth is like 10ft at most..

Well one night we went and the lake was blocked off with a sign that read " Do no enter.. Alligator in the lake "........... Im like wtf, what alligator! It was surreal to me because this lake was in the middle of a city and common animals you'd see were ducks and fishes.. They shut the place down and everyday different animal patrol would go in to catch the thing but no luck. SO they started setting up traps everywhere but even after few months, they couldnt catch it.. People in the community started getting nervous and before you knew it, all these major news stations were setting up camp to report updates .. Back then I was still reading the newspaper in the morning and updates would be on the frontpage.. Soon, people started capturing pictures of the alligator with his head barely above water and this whole thing was becoming like some kind of great mystery in the lake like Nessie.. After awhile, they said the alligator was getting bigger and smarter, about 8ft big.. 7 months later, it was still loose and they finally brought in the famous Steve Irwin the crocodile hunter but from what I remember, even he couldnt catch it..

I forget the details of what happened next but after almost year, they caught it.. That thing was fairly big and shit was mean looking.. It wasn't one of those crazy crocs you see in the documentary but I sure wouldnt have wanted to swim next to one that's for dam sure.

After investigation, police found out that somebody in the neighborhood had kept a baby alligator as a pet but when it got too big and hard to maintain, he released it into the lake.. Im not sure what happened to that motherfucker but he got hit with a huge fine and jail time..

I dont know about those people with exotic animals man.. That shit aint right.. fuckin americans with their love for weird animals ... I dont mind little dogs and cats but I aint trying to be fuckin Tarzan and shit.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember Animals are people too

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I dont have any pets.

I would consider a dog at some point when my children are possibly a bit older but i doubt it would really happen unless it was a smallish type dog with a good temperament.

I know that cats and dogs are the general pet here in the uk but i have just seen another video on worldstar with a young tiger just casually playing around in some young guys apartment.

I have seen other videos with owners having all types of lions and grizzly bears and etc.

I remember a story awhile back with the man who committed suicide and let all his animals free from his land..lions, tigers, bears leopards etc!!

Im just interested in what the wildest pets you do have and why the laws are so lax in the usa and is it only in certain parts?!

How is this legal when you look at the potential of damage these animals can do in this unnatural enviroment?
    I had an iguana as a kid and knew some people that had a pot belly pig. I've known some people that had wolf hybrid dogs, pet deer, squirrel and raccoons but that is about as exotic as I've seen. I think the ownership of animals such as tigers is pretty rare. I'm sure there are some national laws about importing such animals but outside of that it is generally going to be up state and municipalities to decide these kind of things. I'd venture to say they are "lax" b/c for starters it is really not much of an issue and because there is still a sliver of individualism in the US where we don't tell other people how to live their lives.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

"How are the laws so 'lax' in the United States?"

.....indeed, I guess we should just chain ourselves up and assume everything is illegal unless specifically stated that it is legal the way everyone else thinks.

Also lots of people especially EVERYONE ON WORLDSTAR don't typically follow rules, guidelines, regulations, laws, etc....whatever kind of authority Government has they just don't care about it and plead ignorance if they get caught.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson owned a Tiger and Michael Jackson a chimp.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson owned a Tiger and Michael Jackson a chimp.
    Some people have exotic pets. Some are legal some are illegal.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    "How are the laws so 'lax' in the United States?"

.....indeed, I guess we should just chain ourselves up and assume everything is illegal unless specifically stated that it is legal the way everyone else thinks.

Also lots of people especially EVERYONE ON WORLDSTAR don't typically follow rules, guidelines, regulations, laws, etc....whatever kind of authority Government has they just don't care about it and plead ignorance if they get caught.
    You dont see the laws being a teeny weeny bit lax when you can own a lion or hyena?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember we have domesticated animals, big cats, bears etc are wild animals and are not
    pets, to large to strong and very unpredictable plus they can kill and eat you.
    Why put yourself in danger, only a fool would own one as a pet.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone that tries to make a pet out of a "wild" animal deserves to be eaten alive by it. There's no excuse.

For the record - it's only about 30 years ago that Harrods - that's the big famous store in London - stopped selling lions and tigers and whatnot.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lions and what not are not kosher to own in the US. There are cases where people have gotten permits for one but it is rare. A lot of the laws vary from state to state.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    You dont see the laws being a teeny weeny bit lax when you can own a lion or hyena?
    imp, it's that kind of thought process which leads to people banning salt, large sodas, and trans fats. The idea that "people are too stupid to handle freedom and liberty" (which is always implied even in this case) is dangerously idiotic. Would I WANT to live where people own lions and tigers that could potentially break out and harm myself, my family, my dog....no....but again there are laws in the US about what type of dog breeds you can have, insurance companies WILL NOT sell you homeowners insurance if you have a certain kind of dog. And hell most people who live to become adults aren't able to house or pay for exotic pets like Lions and Hyenas...however if they ARE able to and they are responsible with said pets what business is it of mine if they want to own those animals?

I believe the English are in dire need of a lesson on LIBERTY. If it doesn't affect you, your happiness, your pursuit of a better life for yourself, the safety of your family (which in this case, could be debated but only in terms of safety for the animal and security for those living nearby rather than an outright ban) then you should just let it go. Let people do what makes them happy so long as it doesn't detract from your natural rights....what is so difficult about that?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There needs to be some kind of regulation for these dangerous exotic pets, whereby you'd have to achieve some kind of certificate or qualification to own certain animals. The average joe shouldn't own a goddamn monkey or lion, that's insanity. I read Tyson's book where he was talking about owning his tigers and how dangerous they were. A tiger belongs in the wild, not in some rich, drug addicted asshole's mansion. Same with a monkey: these are wild, undomesticated animals. One thing we forget is pathetic the human body is physically compared to other similar-sized animals. A 100lb chimpanzee will rip your arm out of the socket and beat you with it. Physically we can't compete with these animals. I feel bad for a lot of these exotic animals, especially reptiles, that spend their decades of existence in a fucking heated tank so their owners can have a conversation piece. Buy a dog or a cat, you assholes.

I say this because I know first hand that most people aren't qualified to own a dog, let alone some exotic, undomesticated animal. I have a Rottweiler and from day one I spent so much time and energy socializing him with people and other dogs and animals so he would have a nice, friendly temperament. Which he does, but even still he is always weary and suspicious of strangers until they introduce themselves. If I just left him in the yard all day like a lot of meat heads do, he would be a real goddamn liability.

El Kabong Guest

Yes I understand and support that Beanflicker, my point is that lots of people aren't qualified to raise kids but there aren't laws against them having kids. There are regulations they have to abide by to KEEP their kids though and that's my point.

Legion, a guy who used to post here (haven't seen him in a while) owned like every kind of deadly snake you could imagine. He had a few cobras if I recall correctly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The kid issue is a tough one because, while obviously there are a ton of people having kids who just shouldn't be having kids and consequently raising them to be threats/burdens to society, that infringes more on personal freedom because who the fuck is anyone to say you can't take an unprotected deep-dicking and get knocked up. It's your body, whatever. All the government can do is, through social services, try to ensure that the kid is not being abused or neglected.

I don't think anybody is having their personal freedom trampled on by being denied the right to own an exotic animal that belongs in an African jungle.

Thread Information