Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I REFUSE to give up on Boxing!

... in no way, shape or form can UFC or any other fight sport take its place.

Just thought I would say that. And, of COURSE I'm having a few cocktails.

#dontjudgeme
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Much respect for that. It's not a generally respected opinion but my interest is tied closely to quality. I think the lower numbers of boxing participation is going to erode the quality to a point it stops consuming my thoughts. I hope I'm wrong but I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I REFUSE to give up on Boxing!

The best quality match ups aren't really the ones shown on US tv. Ignore US TV and you have some GREAT quality matches. Rosas v Guerrero and Jacob v Boschiero last weekend for instance.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kinda been losing interest due to the lack of quality matchups.. it is true that boxing is getting worse every year..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boxing prospect View Post
    The best quality match ups aren't really the ones shown on US tv. Ignore US TV and you have some GREAT quality matches. Rosas v Guerrero and Jacob v Boschiero last weekend for instance.
    Rosas-Guerrero was insane
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll watch and try to enjoy anything. I'm a whore. I'm also very high on flu medications. But still.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we as humans always tend to be nostalgic and see the past with rose tinted glasses. People will talk about the "good ol days" you mean the days where 15% of the population was second class citizens, or it was ok to beat your wife and it was seen as just....I think boxing is doing just fine, if you look at it globally

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am in training to fight - I am getting down to 154 I will knock out adrian faggot broner- iwill bring excitement back to boxing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

#dontjudgeme
    I'm with you man. Boxing is the single greatest sport in the world and nothing will ever compare.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

#dontjudgeme
    I agree with you.

But this thought shouldn't have left your own mind mate.

Congrats on the cocktails by the way, you're awesome.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I consider myself the type of person who looks at things logically. I don't let myself take biased views and etc. I seek the truth in things and don't let pride get it my way when im wrong in order to find truth and facts. I want everyone to know this because I want everyone to know im not being biased in my following opinion.

Now I love MMA. But I am in love with boxing more than anything. I don't think either takes any more skill than the other but I do think boxing is more of an art.

I think we are to the point right now where MMA is bigger than boxing. It all has to do with promotion and marketing tho.

Boxing is isn't going to go away or anything close to that however it is at down point.

If MMA continues on the path it is now it may get bigger but I see the monopoly of the UFC hurting the sport bad eventually.

First off, I don't think the fighters are treated that great. Champion fighters are told right after championship fights that they have another fight coming up in a few months and who they are fighting. Another thing is how many times has Dana White publicy trashed a fighter after said fighter trys to stand up for themselves. Shortly after said fighters career is basically over.

One more thing, Ive heard Dana White publicy name a fighter many times and state they are millionares and financially set. You don't publicy discuss another mans finances to the whole world. That in itself shows me he don't give a shit about his fighters and is only out for his own ass.

These aren't even the main issues that will hurt MMA in my opinion. What will eventually bring it down is that no fighter has a chance to earn any belt that means anything outside of the UFC belt.

Luck plays to much of a roll in earning the only belt that truly matters. There are only a select few UFC fighters. They only keep a certain number of UFC fighters under contract probably due to financial reasons, more fighters more fighters to pay. This is only going to slow the sport down. Its obvious to hardcore/long time fight fans that we really aren't seeing the best of the best go at it. We are seeing the best of the best of those who are lucky enough to have a connection to get into the UFC.

Sure boxing relies on connections too but when you talk about a pro boxer having a chance your talking about every pro boxer. When you talk about a pro MMA fighter having a chance your talking only about a select few who have UFC connections.

This is all good for the UFC but bad for MMA. The UFC is more of a show. MMA is a sport. The way we are going now were are going to have a good show to watch in the UFC but a shell of a sport in MMA.

Thread Information