Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
Also apparently they've found who Jack The Ripper was. One Aaron Kosminski who died in 1919 at the age of 53 after spending years in various asylums.
This guy says no it was not.

Is Jack The Ripper Aaron Kosminski? Er, no, says expert Mike Covell | Hull Daily Mail
Interesting indeed. I guess the mystery still surrounding the cases brings all the more fame to this "being" Jack The Ripper...kind of the same goes for the Zodiac Killer, The Atlanta Ripper, Stoneman, etc. Was it Kosminski? Was it Druitt? Was it Chapman? We're no closer today than the detectives were in the 19th century.

On another note, the first ever serial killer in recorded history is an interesting topic as well....some say H.H. Holmes was, others say Elizabeth Bathory or Gille de Rais and others say Jack The Ripper. I guess in order to be a true serial killer you'd have to be in a society at peace, where it was a high crime to murder someone and not just a trifle. Genghis Khan no doubt murdered millions, but you can't very well call him a serial killer because that's just how the Mongols rolled, it wasn't against the laws of the day to ride into a town, ransack it and murder everyone....besides that he didn't operate on his own.

Sorry, I've started reading some Sherlock Holmes and I have a newfound fascination with these people. Also that Dahmer movie 'The Dahmer Files' got to me as well. Some people are capable of great evil and that is scary.