Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Killers

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Serial Killers

Has anyone ever had a curiosity about those sick bastards? I find them intriguing yet repulsive at the same time, I wonder how people like that can live with what they have seen and done. I wonder what makes them act the way they do, is there a tipping point? Do these people truly act normally in interactions with the public or do the people who avoided death just by happenstance have a hard time reading people?

Who are the worst killers, what was their m.o., how many victims did they have, how did they get caught/what was their fate?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Richard wasnt a very nice person.

http://youtu.be/_vn7Hz2PK7s

(Why do my links not work when copied over?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vn7H...ature=youtu.be

No Idea maybe the utube user wants this to be seen only direct via utube.
    Last edited by Andre; 02-26-2014 at 08:07 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Serial Killers

H.H. Holmes killing spree ran 1888-1894: anywhere from 9-200 murders (he confessed to 27 and only 9 were confirmed). He murdered people for insurance to start off with, but quickly moved to selling bodies as cadavers and bones to medical schools. He was almost a super villain with a "lair" dubbed "The Murder Castle" which was built by numerous contractors many who were hired to build a wall, a staircase, a room, and then immediately fired. This was done so that Holmes was the only person to know the layout of his Castle. In this "Murder Castle" there were airtight rooms where people could be gassed to death, trap doors, torture rooms, doors leading to nowhere, cremation furnaces, vats of acid, lime pits. During the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago, H.H. Holmes had his pick of hayseeds visiting the big city and lured them to his Murder Castle with the promise of rooms for rent. He was caught after a tip from a former cellmate set the coppers on his trail. Holmes was hanged by the neck until dead in a Philadelphia Prison in 1896 his final words were "Take your time old man" - directed to the executioner. He died after hanging for 15 minutes.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Richard wasnt a very nice person.

Serial Killer / Hitman - Richard Kuklinski (The Iceman) - Documentary - YouTube

(Why do my links not work when copied over?)
    Scratch that, looks better now

El Kabong Guest

Albert Fish aka The Gray Man, The Werewolf of Wysteria, The Brooklyn Vampire, The Moon Maniac, The Boogey Man: killing spree 1924-1932. His total number of victims are only 3, but there could have been more. Albert Fish was one of the more despicable serial killers.....soak that in a bit....he was despicable for a SERIAL KILLER. He was a child rapist and to make matters even worse, a cannibal! He once boasted that he "had children in every state" which means he had either raped them, ate them, or both. At 5'5 130 pounds he doesn't cut the menacing brutish figure we would associate with such crimes, but he was apparently as strong as an ox. So strong that it would take multiple officers to restrain him. He had severe mental issues, he was apparently introduced to urolagnia (drinking urine) and corpophagia (eating shit) and he would self mutilate by sticking needles into his pelvis and perineum...the doctors found at least 29 such needles in his pelvis after an x-ray. He would also taunt families by writing detailed letters about his deeds with his victims. He was captured in 1932 and was electrocuted until dead January 16, 1936.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

read quite a lot on this, studied it at college. Fascinating stuff.

'worst'? that's a little tricky to define considering the combination of sexual torture and violence they have committed.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    read quite a lot on this, studied it at college. Fascinating stuff.

'worst'? that's a little tricky to define considering the combination of sexual torture and violence they have committed.
    True "worst" is tricky to define....but we can debate it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to admit that I have been fascinated by them most of my adult life. What makes them tick or rather not tick. How fine the line is between genius and insanity etc etc. Pedro Lopez is probably the worst by the numbers even though he's listed at number two in many places. I suppose Hitler is number one or maybe Stalin. Its not as if they were just guilty by proxy. But as far as numbers go by those who live or have lived among us Lopez was pretty nasty.

@El Kabong I think I have seen just about every documentary available on the topic. Youtube has a pretty decent collection. TopDocs also.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you need born psychopaths who are abused badly themselves to produce most of these freaks. "Worst" doesn't really have much context once you're talking about people who have raped, tortured and killed at random numerous times, probably just a matter of how much they got away with.
    There are a few in South America who preyed on children and have a disturbing amount of victims, kind of hard to get worse than that. I think Ted Bundy and the Green river killer are up there for North American cases.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get it. I am very interested in psychological and anthropological behaviour in general but I have no curiosity that needs satiating when it comes to psychopaths and serial killers. I once had a book on the subject given to me by a friend as a birthday present, and I was mortified that he would think it would be something that interested me.

As a fictional plot device in something like Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs I can see how such characters can be useful but as subjects to study in the real world ? Not for me. I think my step father was borderline psychopathic and I spent a few years as legal case worker where I had to examine witness statements, testimonies, videos and photographs etc of victims of violence, include murders, and maybe the violence is a bit too real to want to read up on it. Don't get me wrong,when I was a bit younger I have had a few tear ups but generally even when you come out "on top" it kind of makes you feel a bit sick. To actually take pleasure in killing people is not a head space I want to examine, even in a book.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Form the mouth of a 'practicing at the time' Psychopath killer and torturer, Chopper :Mark Brandon Read "There are only four things you can pass onto a child Love,hate, sadness and baldness. If you pass love on, the child will embrace all the gifts and richies life has to offer.If hate is passed on he will grasp all the venom the snake of life spits out. But if sadness is passed on a strange creature walks the land."

A mix of the last two would probably create quiet a nice piece of heartless machinery.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

El Kabong Guest

Beanz, I guess this specific area intrigues me because it is one of the areas where you might be able to find a root cause in the nature vs nurture debate. That debate is vital in many different fields of psychology.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see the intrigue, during my teens when I was catching flies and pulling their wings off and keeping them in a jar, I was fascinated by Bundy, Yorkshire Ripper, and Jack the Ripper.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Psychos lack emotions like empathy, embarrassment or pity. They simply learn to mimick what people do and say since early childhood.
    It's actually been proven that they often have less grey matter in the parts of the brain that normally light up when thinking of morality and guilt and instead they "read" these emotions through their language part.

I've met a few, though not the ones who chop you up and keep your kidneys in the fridge.

It's chilling to think that someone is only reading your emotions in a conversation while you are actually tied to those emotions yourself.

El Kabong Guest

Carl Panzram 1920-1929, killings 5-22. At the age of 12 he was sent to the Minnesota State Training School by his parents where he was beaten numerous times. He was released from the school in 1905 to go back home where he saw no purpose for staying so he left via the railroad. This would be the start of a nightmare for Panzram which he then turned on his fellow travelers. Once he began to hop train cars and stay in hobo camps as a teenager (and already an alcoholic) he was gang raped by a group of hobos. This event was perhaps the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back", before he was just a petty thief and transient, but afterwards he became a serial rapist and serial killer. It is rumored that Panzram raped over 1,000 males...not because he was a homosexual but because he considered that act a form of domination. He would lure drunken sailors away from bars, sodomize them and then shoot them, he also did this to several young hobos. His autobiography was obtained by a prison guard who was not so much friendly or empathetic but just curious. Pages were written front and back and smuggled out. Panzram was caught for attempted burglary in 1928 at which time he voluntarily confessed to the murder of 2 boys. He was held at Leavenworth Prison where he told the Warden "I'll kill the first man that bothers me". June 20th, 1929 Panzram bludgeoned laundry foreman Robert Warnke to death with an iron bar. This action lead to an increase of his sentence from 25 years to death. Panzram was hanged from the neck until dead September 5th, 1930. Before his death he spat at his executioner and declared "I wish the entire human race had one neck, and I had my hands around it!". His final words (when asked) were "Yes, hurry it up, you Hoosier bastard! I could hang a dozen men while you're screwing around!"

Thread Information