Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wish i would have taken that 40 million..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I wish i would have taken that 40 million..

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jehoshaphat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    This sport is so unpredictable, you're really rolling the dice when you turn down opportunities like that because so much change with just one decision, or one punch.

That would have been the biggest fight in the history of the sport and the winner would have been propelled to a level of greatness neither have been able to reach without the fight. Not only did he turn down the 40 million for the one off fight with Mayweather, but if he had flattened Mayweather like he and many other boxing fans thought he would, he would have been making a crazy amount more per fight than what he is now.
    Yeah, I expect the Floyd haters to spin it no matter what but there is no way you walk away from a $40 million offer. No counter, no nothing? Never done before in the history of sports. But of course now he'll take the fight for charity. You don't walk away from that offer...unless you're being badly misrepresented.
    When you doubt you can win and know for a fact you're not passing the blood test you walk away from 40 million
    You know I never thought about that part. I guess a bad test would halt that money train and worse(dismiss his legacy). I'm not accusing Pac of PEDs but what the heck could really make you turn down that offer. He'd rather make 20 million when the other guy is making 5 million as opposed to making 40 million if the other guy is making possibly 60 million It doesn't matter if the other guy is making a billion dollars or one dollar. Your 40 million is still 40 million. And just to say hmmmm...I read that Pac refused VADA testing in the Bradley fight and the Bradley team made a bit of speculative noise about that. Bradley said he is still going to take the test. If this is true it seems the testing only for the Rios' fight was because Pac knows something about Ariza's tactics.
    All people need to do is pay close attention and the reason why he turned down a career high 40 million becomes obvious. It wasn't cuz he didn't want to be dilated by Mayweather. Arum and Roach have been dictating to him for years. He's use to it. It wasn't cuz he was scared of Mayweather either. Cuz rather he was or wasn't it won't of matter. Pac would still of took the fight. That L would of came with 40 million. And he still would of been alright. He lost to a fighter nobody has beaten. Not much shame in that. Plus he has his legacy to fall back on. And that legacy is what he can't afford to lose. Pac can survive a loss. He can survive a knock out loss. He can't survive a dirty test. No way in hell. If Pac were to fail a test he would lose everything. His legacy becomes a fraudulent joke. He would be more hated than Osama Bin Laden. He would be responsible for 90% of the Filipino population literally committing suicide upon hearing of his failed test. Bobby Pacquiao would legally change his name to Bobby Marquez and refuse to acknowledge him as his brother. His fall from grace would be a brutal one. It would be all bad. How bad? Bad enough that he would give up 40 million he desperately needs to avoid any chance of it happening
    What a load of shit.

So hes only worried about testing positive and doesnt mind if he loses to Mayweather?

Stop taking steroids and fight fair then

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So many blocks. So many managers.

Pac could have made so much more money if he had al haymon as his advisor and left top rank many years ago.

Freddie roach is another one that likes to bark properganda all the time and the majority always seem to believe these guys.

If pac was on peds or whatever he can still be taking them until he is forced to take that proper olympic style testing.

He has 5 losses with a big fight coming up in april against a guy that will be putting everything on the line and wont be a punchbag like rios.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As Mike Tyson had said it beforehand: "With that amount of money on the line, someone is definitely afraid to fight!"...

They are both pussies. jmo...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    This sport is so unpredictable, you're really rolling the dice when you turn down opportunities like that because so much change with just one decision, or one punch.

That would have been the biggest fight in the history of the sport and the winner would have been propelled to a level of greatness neither have been able to reach without the fight. Not only did he turn down the 40 million for the one off fight with Mayweather, but if he had flattened Mayweather like he and many other boxing fans thought he would, he would have been making a crazy amount more per fight than what he is now.
    Yeah, I expect the Floyd haters to spin it no matter what but there is no way you walk away from a $40 million offer. No counter, no nothing? Never done before in the history of sports. But of course now he'll take the fight for charity. You don't walk away from that offer...unless you're being badly misrepresented.
    When you doubt you can win and know for a fact you're not passing the blood test you walk away from 40 million
    You know I never thought about that part. I guess a bad test would halt that money train and worse(dismiss his legacy). I'm not accusing Pac of PEDs but what the heck could really make you turn down that offer. He'd rather make 20 million when the other guy is making 5 million as opposed to making 40 million if the other guy is making possibly 60 million It doesn't matter if the other guy is making a billion dollars or one dollar. Your 40 million is still 40 million. And just to say hmmmm...I read that Pac refused VADA testing in the Bradley fight and the Bradley team made a bit of speculative noise about that. Bradley said he is still going to take the test. If this is true it seems the testing only for the Rios' fight was because Pac knows something about Ariza's tactics.
    All people need to do is pay close attention and the reason why he turned down a career high 40 million becomes obvious. It wasn't cuz he didn't want to be dilated by Mayweather. Arum and Roach have been dictating to him for years. He's use to it. It wasn't cuz he was scared of Mayweather either. Cuz rather he was or wasn't it won't of matter. Pac would still of took the fight. That L would of came with 40 million. And he still would of been alright. He lost to a fighter nobody has beaten. Not much shame in that. Plus he has his legacy to fall back on. And that legacy is what he can't afford to lose. Pac can survive a loss. He can survive a knock out loss. He can't survive a dirty test. No way in hell. If Pac were to fail a test he would lose everything. His legacy becomes a fraudulent joke. He would be more hated than Osama Bin Laden. He would be responsible for 90% of the Filipino population literally committing suicide upon hearing of his failed test. Bobby Pacquiao would legally change his name to Bobby Marquez and refuse to acknowledge him as his brother. His fall from grace would be a brutal one. It would be all bad. How bad? Bad enough that he would give up 40 million he desperately needs to avoid any chance of it happening
    What a load of shit.

So hes only worried about testing positive and doesnt mind if he loses to Mayweather?

Without steroids he's Bobby Pacquiao

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The number 40 mill may sound enormous to the regular folks and its the kind of money they would never turn down under any circumstances, but to somebody like pacquaio whose living that life, his perception is totally different..

If im pacquaio, I know my worth and what I deserve to be paid.. I dont give a fuck if that punk nigga floyd offers 40 million cuz I know the fight is going to generate a lot more than that and he's going to get the big piece of the pie..

Why should pac settle for 40 mill knowing that theres a lot more in the pot? So pac gets 40 mill and flotd end up taking like fuckin twice as much....

40 mill or not, pac would feel cheated... that's bad business..

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

40 million is a big deal!

Although like Ariza said, if Manny was scared to be beaten by Floyd or rather, scared to have to fight without taking whatever he is taking then counter offer with 50 or 60 or do what Hopkins did to Calzaghe when he was middle weight champ, double it!
    Yeah or if you were sure you were going to win you would have a side bet and take even more off the guy.

True saying: Winners know they are winners, losers hope they are going to win.

Here though we got two winners and some ego got in the way.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    The number 40 mill may sound enormous to the regular folks and its the kind of money they would never turn down under any circumstances, but to somebody like pacquaio whose living that life, his perception is totally different..

If im pacquaio, I know my worth and what I deserve to be paid.. I dont give a fuck if that punk nigga floyd offers 40 million cuz I know the fight is going to generate a lot more than that and he's going to get the big piece of the pie..

Why should pac settle for 40 mill knowing that theres a lot more in the pot? So pac gets 40 mill and flotd end up taking like fuckin twice as much....

That was a starting figure, he didnt come back with a counter or even a question.

He should of said "Yeah ok and I bet you your purse you lose".
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was 40 million without Arum. Which means Pac had a chance of taking home about 28 to 30 million after he took care of expenses. With Arum, Pac earns about 60 million. And goes home with 4 million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was 40 million without Arum. Which means Pac had a chance of taking home about 28 to 30 million after he took care of expenses. With Arum, Pac earns about 60 million. And goes home with 4 million
    She really offered 40 million?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a load of shit.

Without steroids he's Bobby Pacquiao
    He gets £40 million for teying to find out.

Hes not earning that combined for the rest of his career.

Thread Information