Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish i would have taken that 40 million..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I wish i would have taken that 40 million..

http://youtu.be/2cmsWz3YWyA

I copied above link from youtube why does it not work?! (Using iphone)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I wish i would have taken that 40 million..

This sport is so unpredictable, you're really rolling the dice when you turn down opportunities like that because so much change with just one decision, or one punch.

That would have been the biggest fight in the history of the sport and the winner would have been propelled to a level of greatness neither have been able to reach without the fight. Not only did he turn down the 40 million for the one off fight with Mayweather, but if he had flattened Mayweather like he and many other boxing fans thought he would, he would have been making a crazy amount more per fight than what he is now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

You need a Samsung, das what u need..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    This sport is so unpredictable, you're really rolling the dice when you turn down opportunities like that because so much change with just one decision, or one punch.

That would have been the biggest fight in the history of the sport and the winner would have been propelled to a level of greatness neither have been able to reach without the fight. Not only did he turn down the 40 million for the one off fight with Mayweather, but if he had flattened Mayweather like he and many other boxing fans thought he would, he would have been making a crazy amount more per fight than what he is now.
    Yeah, I expect the Floyd haters to spin it no matter what but there is no way you walk away from a $40 million offer. No counter, no nothing? Never done before in the history of sports. But of course now he'll take the fight for charity. You don't walk away from that offer...unless you're being badly misrepresented.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

You need a Samsung, das what u need..
    Too big and clumsy. I love apple.
    Cheers anyway.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jehoshaphat View Post

Yeah, I expect the Floyd haters to spin it no matter what but there is no way you walk away from a $40 million offer. No counter, no nothing? Never done before in the history of sports. But of course now he'll take the fight for charity. You don't walk away from that offer...unless you're being badly misrepresented.
    When you doubt you can win and know for a fact you're not passing the blood test you walk away from 40 million

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

40 million is a big deal!

Although like Ariza said, if Manny was scared to be beaten by Floyd or rather, scared to have to fight without taking whatever he is taking then cou ter offer with 50 or 60 or do what Hopkins did to Calzaghe when he was middle weight champ, double it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

When you doubt you can win and know for a fact you're not passing the blood test you walk away from 40 million
    You know I never thought about that part. I guess a bad test would halt that money train and worse(dismiss his legacy). I'm not accusing Pac of PEDs but what the heck could really make you turn down that offer. He'd rather make 20 million when the other guy is making 5 million as opposed to making 40 million if the other guy is making possibly 60 million It doesn't matter if the other guy is making a billion dollars or one dollar. Your 40 million is still 40 million. And just to say hmmmm...I read that Pac refused VADA testing in the Bradley fight and the Bradley team made a bit of speculative noise about that. Bradley said he is still going to take the test. If this is true it seems the testing only for the Rios' fight was because Pac knows something about Ariza's tactics.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Innocent until proven guilty and all that other bullshit, but yeah, in my book the drug test scared Manny because he was (or still is) using something.

If you're an elite athlete now adays, you're a suspect for PED use. That's the sad reality. But when you're putting on crazy muscle mass and jumping up weight fast like Manny did - especially when you're also doing crazy amounts of cardio everyday - that really is a tip off.

Ask body builders how to put on 15lbs of lean muscle mass. They're not going to tell you to run 10 miles a day, jump rope, hit the heavy bag, spar, ect. Cardio & gaining muscle mass do not go hand in hand unless you're using steroids.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No pac fan can defend his reluctance of having the proper drug tests.

If you have nothing to hide and 40 mill is on the table just accept!

Freddie roach already mentioned that he didnt know what ariza put in pacs drink.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No pac fan can defend his reluctance of having the proper drug tests.

If you have nothing to hide and 40 mill is on the table just accept!

Freddie roach already mentioned that he didnt know what ariza put in pacs drink.
    For sure and I think Freddie saying that is just covering his and Pac's ass incase something comes out down the road, where they can play the "Ariza gave Pac steroids without his knowledge" angle.

Freddie knows. Pac knows. Floyd called his bluff and demanded the testing, and Pac made every excuse not to go through with it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac isn't at fault, Floyd isn't at fault, exclusively. Pac and Floyd are at fault

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Pac isn't at fault, Floyd isn't at fault, exclusively. Pac and Floyd are at fault
    If they really wanted the fight enough they would have made some compromises to ensure it happened. Neither wanted it enough and preferred to not lose and take the lesser challengers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

You know I never thought about that part. I guess a bad test would halt that money train and worse(dismiss his legacy). I'm not accusing Pac of PEDs but what the heck could really make you turn down that offer. He'd rather make 20 million when the other guy is making 5 million as opposed to making 40 million if the other guy is making possibly 60 million It doesn't matter if the other guy is making a billion dollars or one dollar. Your 40 million is still 40 million. And just to say hmmmm...I read that Pac refused VADA testing in the Bradley fight and the Bradley team made a bit of speculative noise about that. Bradley said he is still going to take the test. If this is true it seems the testing only for the Rios' fight was because Pac knows something about Ariza's tactics.
    All people need to do is pay close attention and the reason why he turned down a career high 40 million becomes obvious. It wasn't cuz he didn't want to be dilated by Mayweather. Arum and Roach have been dictating to him for years. He's use to it. It wasn't cuz he was scared of Mayweather either. Cuz rather he was or wasn't it won't of matter. Pac would still of took the fight. That L would of came with 40 million. And he still would of been alright. He lost to a fighter nobody has beaten. Not much shame in that. Plus he has his legacy to fall back on. And that legacy is what he can't afford to lose. Pac can survive a loss. He can survive a knock out loss. He can't survive a dirty test. No way in hell. If Pac were to fail a test he would lose everything. His legacy becomes a fraudulent joke. He would be more hated than Osama Bin Laden. He would be responsible for 90% of the Filipino population literally committing suicide upon hearing of his failed test. Bobby Pacquiao would legally change his name to Bobby Marquez and refuse to acknowledge him as his brother. His fall from grace would be a brutal one. It would be all bad. How bad? Bad enough that he would give up 40 million he desperately needs to avoid any chance of it happening

Thread Information