Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fixed fight proof... Scott winks at Wilder and gives the sign.. " hit me now "

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: fixed fight proof... Scott winks at Wilder and gives the sign.. " hit me now "

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Betting Chisora feels a little vindicated after all of the Scott got screwed on a quick count stuff.

On the first replay Lastnight, the way Scott just followed him with clear eyes.. just looked very shady. Wilder drooling and yelling Sparta style like he just conquered storming the beaches ffs. Please
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: fixed fight proof... Scott winks at Wilder and gives the sign.. " hit me now "

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'd love to see some of you plums take that left hook.

I suppose David Price was faking it too when Tony Thompson "tapped" him around the ear/temple?
    Well first off, we don't have to. We're not "world class" prizefighters. There's no expectation for any of us to be able to take a punch. If I go to a restaurant and the food sucks, can I not complain if I don't have a degree in the culinary arts?

Comparing the punch David Price took to this one is just insane. Price got hit with a CLEAN, hard left to the temple with enough concussive force to slam his head back into his own shoulder.

This punch was a slapping left - a throwaway punch thrown to hide the right straight that didn't land.

If it wasn't a dive, Malik should be banned from boxing because obviously he doesn't have the cranial integrity to withstand punches and he's unfit to fight.

If sauteing an onion might kill you, then your analogy would be more accurate

Whose to say Wilder doesn't just hit a lot harder than Tony Thompson? The shot that landed on Price didn't appear all that hard either and it was a similar sort of cuffing shot that wrapped around the ear, I don't see whats remotely insane about comparing them. The only real difference is that Thompson was much more clearly out of it afterwards, it's Scotts reaction and the eye contact that made this one look suspect imo. Still, we don't know what he felt in there.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The key to fixed fights is not letting the fighter that wins know the fight is fixed.

It doesn't do Wilder's confidence any good to know that his opponents are taking dives. The fewer people that know about a fixed fight the better. Only the fighter taking the dive and the guy that puts him up to it should know.

Wilder is there to throw punches he doesn't need Scott to wink at him. Scott just has to go down (and stay down) when he feels a hard punch land.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Betting Chisora feels a little vindicated after all of the Scott got screwed on a quick count stuff.

On the first replay Lastnight, the way Scott just followed him with clear eyes.. just looked very shady. Wilder drooling and yelling Sparta style like he just conquered storming the beaches ffs. Please
    He does get pretty worked up lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loool

That made me chuckle.

It does seem alittle dodgy but that hook glancing or not will take away those legs and he landed awkwardly.

Scott never wanted to fight anyway..i mean, did he even throw a punch?!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'd love to see some of you plums take that left hook.

I suppose David Price was faking it too when Tony Thompson "tapped" him around the ear/temple?
    Well first off, we don't have to. We're not "world class" prizefighters. There's no expectation for any of us to be able to take a punch. If I go to a restaurant and the food sucks, can I not complain if I don't have a degree in the culinary arts?

Comparing the punch David Price took to this one is just insane. Price got hit with a CLEAN, hard left to the temple with enough concussive force to slam his head back into his own shoulder.

This punch was a slapping left - a throwaway punch thrown to hide the right straight that didn't land.

If it wasn't a dive, Malik should be banned from boxing because obviously he doesn't have the cranial integrity to withstand punches and he's unfit to fight.
    Well I can see Scott's head jolting from that slapping nothing shot, which leads me to believe it probably hurt.

I'd gladly take any sort of punch from Tony Thompson than one from Wilder.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i poked you with my finger fairly hard i could jolt your head back..?

That was a joke, a nothing slap!

Scott is a Heavyweight fighter not a 10 year old boy.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a legit knockout/tko or whatever you consider it.

It's not even that bad of a hook, plus wilder hits hard and it's bang on the temple.

More importantly, why would they have him throw such a ridiculous fight? Scott was ALWAYS getting KOd and if you don't believe this you don't know your boxing.

Why have a fight thrown for Wilder against a guy coming of a loss? A loss against a guy who nobody believe will be a world champion?

Ridiculous

Again I ask, why throw a fight it the favor of the favourite?

Plus Scott's career is not exactly over is it? Not like he needs to throw the fight for money, when you consider that if he wins it there are so many opportunities for him to make millions.

Scott if I'm honest, is shit. Never rated him and I would have bet a decent few quid on a wilder KO.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 03-17-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Watch 0.54 mark where scott winks at him straight up..

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=wilder%20vs%20scott&sm=3
    I had a friend who smiled when he got into tight spots, seriously, the man could not help it. It used to drive everyone around him crazy.
    You are saying the fight was fixed because Scott blinked when he was down.
    What would you say about my friend with the smiling ways when he was down?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Watch 0.54 mark where scott winks at him straight up..

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=wilder%20vs%20scott&sm=3
    I had a friend who smiled when he got into tight spots, seriously, the man could not help it. It used to drive everyone around him crazy.
    You are saying the fight was fixed because Scott blinked when he was down.
    What would you say about my friend with the smiling ways when he was down?
    Eubank nearly nodded his own head off when Calzaghe flattened him.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As insignificant as the left hook may have appeared, we should consider that Scott was also put down by Chisora who is not a very hard puncher.

http://youtu.be/sZO-DkW2VR0

Maybe Scott doesn't have a great chin after all.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    As insignificant as the left hook may have appeared, we should consider that Scott was also put down by Chisora who is not a very hard puncher.

Dereck Chisora vs Malik Scott KO 20-07-2013 - YouTube

Maybe Scott doesn't have a great chin after all.
    Yes the left hook looked a harder punch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^^ agreed master.

But Scott wasn't confident either.

After what happened with Del Boy, Scott was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    ^^ agreed master.

After what happened with Del Boy, Scott was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market.
    That is the best put down ever!!!! You must have a book? I need to read it!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    ^^ agreed master.

That is the best put down ever!!!! You must have a book? I need to read it!
    Lol, no book, just some creativity and a job that gave me 12 hours a night to think lol.
    You say tomato,

Thread Information