Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Can you imagine what Riddick Bowe would do to Joe Louis?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Riddick Bowe vs Joe Louis

​My video shows exactly how Joe and his era fought. In that video, does that version of Joe look like he or anybody else would land anything on foreman or people he fought?

Look up foreman louis advanced on youtube

he and guys from his time look like novices compared side by side to no names Foreman fought, and in no way does anyone from that era look like they would last 1 round vs. guys in the 70s-'90s so why did clearly not sane people say louis wins?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can you imagine what Riddick Bowe would do to Joe Louis?

El merged. Honestly not one I've given much thought to. Hypotheticals can be a like dog chasing its tail but given everything we watched play out I'd lean to the likelihood that Bowe would not have the mental discipline and Bowe was not exactly hard to miss with short to long straight right hands. Now should Bowe of the Holyfield I manage to make an appearance and fight off the jab to force Louis into his wheelhouse that would be rough for Joe. But it would also open him up to quality timed heavy punches. Not many Bowe faced had the natural unforced thump of Louis.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    El merged. Honestly not one I've given much thought to. Hypotheticals can be a like dog chasing its tail but given everything we watched play out I'd lean to the likelihood that Bowe would not have the mental discipline and Bowe was not exactly hard to miss with short to long straight right hands. Now should Bowe of the Holyfield I manage to make an appearance and fight off the jab to force Louis into his wheelhouse that would be rough for Joe. But it would also open him up to quality timed heavy punches. Not many Bowe faced had the natural unforced thump of Louis.
    looks like novices compared to 70s-90s so yea bowe faced way more advanced fighters liar, so how exactly would Joe land? When he didn't even face guys as advanced as the guys in my video? You people aren't sane at all
    Last edited by joe smith; 01-10-2024 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by joe smith View Post
    looks like novices compared to 70s-90s so yea bowe faced way more advanced fighters liar, so how exactly would Joe land? When he didn't even face guys as advanced as the guys in my video? You people aren't sane at all
    Before morning coffee with the insults and troll Joe? Take a break from spamming up the place Joe, you’re clearly not interested or incapable in discussion. Cheers fella

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before morning coffee with the insults and troll Joe? Take a break from spamming up the place Joe, you’re clearly not interested or incapable in discussion. Cheers fella
    looks like novices as the video shows it hurts i know seeing the truth,i cant make fighters more advanced than video shows
    Last edited by joe smith; 01-17-2024 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is an alt yeh?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe was a very talented fighter, Louis was an elite legend. I agree that nobody Louis fought would have prepared him for someone like Bowe …… but the converse applies too.

I can’t help thinking that if you somehow took 1930s Louis and plonked him in with 1990s Bowe, then Bowe would win. But if Bowe and Louis had actually both been born at the same time, had the same diets, the same scientific knowledge and really been of the same generation ….. then Louis wins whenever they happened to both be born because he was just the better more complete fighter
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Bowe was a very talented fighter, Louis was an elite legend. I agree that nobody Louis fought would have prepared him for someone like Bowe …… but the converse applies too.

I can’t help thinking that if you somehow took 1930s Louis and plonked him in with 1990s Bowe, then Bowe would win. But if Bowe and Louis had actually both been born at the same time, had the same diets, the same scientific knowledge and really been of the same generation ….. then Louis wins whenever they happened to both be born because he was just the better more complete fighter

It's nice to see someone here who actually can see good who isn't insane like most here,who can see the era louis fought in was horrible compared to the one Bowe fought in, but were you're wrong is assuming Joe would be more complete how do you think that he would be even successful in the 80s with that updated come forward style he still would have trouble, I know this cause it was a a very updated guys in 80s who didn't just go undefeated

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's nice to see someone here who actually can see good who isn't insane like most here,who can see the era louis fought in was horrible compared to the one Bowe fought in, but were you're wrong is assuming Joe would be more complete how do you think that he would be even successful in the 80s with that updated come forward style he still would have trouble, I know this cause it was a a very updated guys in 80s who didn't just go undefeated
    What are you talking about I don't understand what you are saying.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

What are you talking about I don't understand what you are saying.
    Mods please disable the dislike button on my Android I keep on hitting it by accident I have this phone in full website mode....

As 4 Joe Smith I have no idea what his point is.... Bill Paxtom maybe ❓

Thread Information