Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shannon Briggs VS Wlad Klitschko; who wins and why?

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shannon Briggs VS Wlad Klitschko; who wins and why?

Briggs is on the warpath to meet Wlad in the ring. Yeah, a fat undertrained briggs lost bad against vitali, BUT.... Wlad is no Vitali by a long shot!! lol.

Briggs is in great shape now and off the drugs and seems serious this time. unlike wlads other opponents, briggs wont be scared to death of wlad. and Briggs hits harder than both sanders/brewster who ko'ed Wlad. so no, i dont think this is ridiculous thinking briggs has a big shot at winning. really now, think of wlads opponents and the way he's been fighting as of late. carrying bums. disgraceful tactics. scared to take chances against lesser fighters even when he is winning on the cards. WTF
    dude is huge and fights like a scared lil bitch, content to jab the fight away without throwing meaningful HW punches like a true heavyweight champion. its pathetic. if i was wlad, with his body size/skills/intelligence, i'd be ko'ing MF'ers every fight!!! The Haye fight?? Wlad was just as pathetic as Haye. wlad gets scared/intimidated easily, and that is is downfall in this fight against briggs. briggs will get under his skin mentally, then rough him up and discombobulate the man with fierce attacks catching him on the ole piehole. nighty nighty ole glass jaw!!!! who else has a shot at Wlad?? Arreola?? he sucks. Wilder? well...maybe! have briggs fight wilder to see who gets the wlad fight!
    that could be two good HW fights!!!

anyways...us americans need a non chickenshit HW to bring back the belt. briggs could be that one!!! or maybe wilder....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shannon Briggs VS Wlad Klitschko; who wins and why?

Wlad wins without breaking a sweat because........

1. Briggs have asthma

2. Briggs is a 4 rd fighter

3. Briggs has low boxing iq

All he has is a puncher's chance but the chances of him landing that perfect shot are slim to none.

Tell u what though.. id rather watch briggs fight him than the bum samoan with 6 kids.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Wlad wins without breaking a sweat because........

1. Briggs have asthma

2. Briggs is a 4 rd fighter

3. Briggs has low boxing iq

All he has is a puncher's chance but the chances of him landing that perfect shot are slim to none.

Tell u what though.. id rather watch briggs fight him than the bum samoan with 6 kids.

good points!

1. he does have asthma, but maybe since he lost sooo much weight its much better now.

2. he went the distance with vitali, taking a beating along the way. but he never quit. and he went the distance with liakovich, ko'ing him at the end!!

3. he may not be the brightest, but he's not dumb either, consider his experience in with fighters like lewis, foreman, liakhovich, ibragimov.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree with Finito again.

Briggs was bashed by McCline and Ibragimov whom Wladimir defeated, maybe that counts for something?

In my fight analysis I see Briggs having a punchers chance against Wladimir when prime! At this time, I think Briggs would be little real threat, he might survive but probably not.

However based on his experience and durability and size I would also like to see Briggs fight instead of the forkie!!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs getting a shot at Wlad?? Hell... why not?
    All we need now is a giant tent and some dancing bears.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad would kill him. Shannon is washed up and hasn't fought in 4 years after taking a beating that nearly killed him. Wlad is still on top of his game it seems.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is better than Vitali at this moment in time so he would beat Briggs in even better fashion. It would be better for Shannon to take on whoever wins the WBC title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather v maidana is a very predicatable fight, 12-0 floyd

briggs v wlad is even more predictable, not so much in result as there is a slight chance Briggs will last the distance but in the breakdown of rounds

rounds 1-5 wlad will clinch in excess of 15 times a round and punch less than 15 times a round

depending on how tired briggs is this format could last a couple more rounds

round 6-10 wlad will clinch in excess of 10 times a round and punch less than 20 times a round

if briggs is still standing rounds 11 and 12 will revert back to the format for rounds 1-6
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad still wins via Late Round Stoppage and Briggs ends up failing a drug test after going to the hospital.

Why? - Because the damn Kiit Bros won't lose and hopefully soon will retire so the HW division will have a bit more parity.
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post
    Wlad still wins via Late Round Stoppage and Briggs ends up failing a drug test after going to the hospital.

Why? - Because the damn Kiit Bros won't lose and hopefully soon will retire so the HW division will have a bit more parity.
    By parity you means fat unmotivated lazy good for nothing heavyweights exchanging titles? I prefer the Klit brothers any day of the week.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad I would say.

Briggs does have a chance but a slim one.. BUT no less of a chance than half the shit out there.

If he is in shape (and he looks in decent shape) he would likely still be ranked highly.

Lets not forget he has done the 12 rounds when he has to - with asthma, and there are legal thing you can use to help with that....

But also, lets not forget the 76% KO ratio, you don't need to do 12 rounds if you can land bombs and KO people early.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 03-24-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post

By parity you means fat unmotivated lazy good for nothing heavyweights exchanging titles? I prefer the Klit brothers any day of the week.
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean.. HAHA However, the Klit Clinch is getting a bit tiresome don't you think.

Maybe, just maybe with the Klits out of the picture the other HWs will feel like they have a shot and train harder. I don't think any of them even believe they can beat either Klit.
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad smash.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this would be a terrible fight.. briggs can shout and throw shoes around as much as he likes but after he takes a couple of jabs and right to teh face he would just stand there and wladimir lacks the aggression to knock him out.. briggs takes a sustained beating and loses every round but doesnt fall over :S

i'd watch it though... briggs v fury or chisora would be far more entertaining from a pre figth nonsense persepctive though

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I have a better chance of winning than does Briggs. Sure, we're about the same age (49), but he's taken a horrible beating and nobody has punched me since well before I had heart surgery.

Thread Information