Thread: The truth about America.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who are you blaming Kirkland? Our generation? Our parents? Or the current generation coming through now? Both my kids are in their twenties and more than capable of voting or taking affirmative direct action, but they do not. What do you propose people do to make the world a fairer place?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The truth about America.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Who are you blaming Kirkland? Our generation? Our parents? Or the current generation coming through now? Both my kids are in their twenties and more than capable of voting or taking affirmative direct action, but they do not. What do you propose people do to make the world a fairer place?
    We will just continue to bitch about it and add another trillion do the debt.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I guess my life isn't bad, lived in America all my life, just got back from a 2 week vacation. Have retirement savings, a place to call home and never miss out on anything I really need. Times are certainly changing though and it's true you can not do with two incomes what people used to do with one. If there's one thing I know it's that you must change with the times, yesterdays answers don't correspond with tomorrow's problems. Also it seems that the people that are struggling the most in the modern world spend all day on youtube.
    Crack X and computers seem to be dealing with a huge percentage of the young, can you imagine the speed at which our teen generation are going to start requiring advanced aged medical care?
    We are heading for trouble just in that one scenario.
    I swear the top controllers will eventually forge a street drug and release it and wipe a huge amount of these future liabilities right off the face of the earth before it comes to that point.
    They are farming us for taxes and managing us through prices to keep their private enterprises ticking over and in the black. These young dudes are like weeds in the same farm and will send those resources into the red for a long time so i bet they come up with something diabolical to save their own a$$ or keep them out of the system.

More jails? Maybe more future off shore 3rd world countries used as a confinement areas for certain problems .

We have one for illegals here, they dont even make our shores anymore the problem is managed and confined on the way here in Papua for cheaper $$$$ and our political backing to who is in power at the time so they remain there in power.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The truth about America.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sad part is working people are slaves and don't even know it. It takes a billion dollars to be president. Where do you think the money is coming from? It's not coming from working people. To the far right patriotism means to bend over and take it up the ass. If you don't then you are un-American.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    The sad part is working people are slaves and don't even know it. It takes a billion dollars to be president. Where do you think the money is coming from? It's not coming from working people. To the far right patriotism means to bend over and take it up the ass. If you don't then you are un-American.
    Our system is nearly the same, it is a 2 party system where they are both the same just with different colours.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Our system is nearly the same, it is a 2 party system where they are both the same just with different colours.
    You do understand. The thing is I love Europe. Some still have freedom. Don't know how long it will last.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Answer my question and then I'll answer yours.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    We will just continue to bitch about it and add another trillion do the debt.
    Adding trillions to the debt isn't a problem. You could double the US national debt overnight with zero consequences provided you put in place a system where top earners and corporations paid a fair share of taxation and national income was shared more equitably. That would actually be outstanding value for money.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    What Question ? You are mostly questions with very few answers.

Firstly my Kids have had and continue to have a way better standard of living than I ever had at their age and have been afforded many more opportunities. I went to the poorest Secondary school in the city and they both had private educations. No I do not think unrestrained globalisation is necessarily a good thing just as multiculturalism often results in a culture free mush where the native culture is buried under good intentions. Yes I think your rote response to killersheep is dumb because you didn't like his apparent happiness to change you felt the need to introduce another element into the argument in order not to concede anything, You seem to have real issues with conceding anything.

Governments have always been puppets but people today are more vocal about being able to see the strings of those behind the scenes. It is a situation you have to make the best of but you seem to be more concerned with the USA than the UK. Do you really care or are you just trying to look for another opportunity to get a graph or bar chart out. You are not at work now mate.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to answer the question. The T.V. can talk 90% of the American people into anything. They talked us into a war that was pure 100% bullshit. They even told us that if the rich had more money and did away with unions. That would mean a better life for working people. They believe it!!!. 50% of all Americans will be born and die less than 20 miles from home. I thought like most Americans that we have the best living standard in the world. Then I when to Germany and then France. We are light years from them. In fact a person from Canada once told me she couldn't believe how poor American are. Everyone who comes to this Country says the same thing. They watch American T.V. in other counties. Not one show shows the real America. Everybody is rich and have no bills. The fact is most Americans live from pay check to pay check.
    Last edited by mrbig1; 04-08-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly my Kids have had and continue to have a way better standard of living than I ever had at their age and have been afforded many more opportunities. I went to the poorest Secondary school in the city and they both had private educations. No I do not think unrestrained globalisation is necessarily a good thing just as multiculturalism often results in a culture free mush where the native culture is buried under good intentions. Yes I think your rote response to killersheep is dumb because you didn't like his apparent happiness to change you felt the need to introduce another element into the argument in order not to concede anything, You seem to have real issues with conceding anything.

Governments have always been puppets but people today are more vocal about being able to see the strings of those behind the scenes. It is a situation you have to make the best of but you seem to be more concerned with the USA than the UK. Do you really care or are you just trying to look for another opportunity to get a graph or bar chart out. You are not at work now mate.
    Here's my dumb argument again with the question at the end, helpfully indicated by a question mark so you know what to answer :

I'm talking about being able to provide a roof over the head of your family, feed clothe and educate them to at least the standard you had and then watching them being able to have at least the same standard of living as you did.

The fact that globalisation has increased job insecurity, cut wages in developed countries and is continuing to arbitrage western labour rates down to Asian levels for the forseeable future is actually the number one concern of Americans. It's their number one concern despite a 24/7 media culture of trying to keep them terrified about something, whether it's Saddam's fearsome WMD or suitcase nukes or whatever.

And they're right to be concerned. Presumably you would like your kids to have at least the same opportunities and standard of living as you had. If the economy wasn't getting bigger then there's a concrete reason why this couldn't happen. But the economy is getting bigger, just the benefits of economic and productivity growth are going entirely to less than 1% of the population.

Future generations will have decreased job security, a large percentage will experience long periods of unemployment/reduced hours/low wages and there'll be a much-decreased social safety net for them to rely on to house and feed their families in these times. Are you OK with that or is this a dumb argument?

I hope your kids do much better than you've done in life but this is manifestly not going to be the case for the majority of British or American people or anybody else in wealthy countries if things continue like they are which was the point I was originally making before you butted in. I'm not interested in posting graphs or charts or anything else, I'm just trying to make my arguments as clear and as evidential as possible and charts and graphs often help in these matters so that's why I use them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to answer the question. The T.V. can talk 90% of the American people into anything. They talked us into a war that was pure 100% bullshit. They even told us that if the rich had more money and did away with unions. That would mean a better life for working people. They believe it!!!. 50% of all Americans will be born and die less than 20 miles from home. I thought like most Americans that we have the best living standard in the world. Then I when to Germany and then France. We are light years from them. In fact a person from Canada once told me she couldn't believe how poor American are. Everyone who comes to this Country says the same thing. They watch American T.V. in other counties. Not one show shows the real America. Everybody is rich and have no bills. The fact is most Americans live from pay check to pay check.
    There's been a big change in how Americans view their personal circumstances recently. Up to 2008 around 80% of Americans considered themselves middle class even though some of those people were around the poverty line. People generally had the idea that they either used to be better off so still considered themselves middle class or that hings would get better in the future and they'd join/rejoin the middle class. Now the number considering themselves middle class has fallen to about 50% and a big chunk of people are describing themselves as working class even though that particular description is never used in the media.

Also recent surveys show well over 50% of Americans are now living paycheque to paycheque. Fuck. Just googled it. 76%.

76% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck - Jun. 24, 2013

A triumph of globalisation.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my dumb argument again with the question at the end, helpfully indicated by a question mark so you know what to answer :

I'm talking about being able to provide a roof over the head of your family, feed clothe and educate them to at least the standard you had and then watching them being able to have at least the same standard of living as you did.

The fact that globalisation has increased job insecurity, cut wages in developed countries and is continuing to arbitrage western labour rates down to Asian levels for the forseeable future is actually the number one concern of Americans. It's their number one concern despite a 24/7 media culture of trying to keep them terrified about something, whether it's Saddam's fearsome WMD or suitcase nukes or whatever.

And they're right to be concerned. Presumably you would like your kids to have at least the same opportunities and standard of living as you had. If the economy wasn't getting bigger then there's a concrete reason why this couldn't happen. But the economy is getting bigger, just the benefits of economic and productivity growth are going entirely to less than 1% of the population.

Future generations will have decreased job security, a large percentage will experience long periods of unemployment/reduced hours/low wages and there'll be a much-decreased social safety net for them to rely on to house and feed their families in these times. Are you OK with that or is this a dumb argument?

I hope your kids do much better than you've done in life but this is manifestly not going to be the case for the majority of British or American people or anybody else in wealthy countries if things continue like they are which was the point I was originally making before you butted in. I'm not interested in posting graphs or charts or anything else, I'm just trying to make my arguments as clear and as evidential as possible and charts and graphs often help in these matters so that's why I use them.
    It's a public forum and I responded to a post in a thread, that is hardly butting in. Most of my peers killed themselves so I think I have actually done quite well in my life. I don't know how you measure success but personally, for me, financial gain has never really been a great measuring stick for anything. Yes everything is turning to shit, which you keep telling us, without ever providing answers, but people already know this, it isn't news.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most Europeans live from paycheck to paycheck, it is no better over here for the majority. The unions have for the most part been crushed and the elite are stomping over everyone else. The working class, the poor , the old and disabled are all f**ked while the uber rich and privileged become even more wealthy and powerful.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information