Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOOMSDAY - APRIL 8 2014 - What are you going to do ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DOOMSDAY - APRIL 8 2014 - What are you going to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Can you not just install doomsday over your existing windows platform, what's with the buying a new PC I have a macbook, and linux on my home computer which I use for absolutely nothing. Have been thinking I should splurge on a new comp anyways, but now I'm confused..
    geek

i agree tho

what support do people need?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I'll quickly fly tip all my rubbish in the ocean.

But then again I do that regular because that's what I pay tax for

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Can you not just install doomsday over your existing windows platform, what's with the buying a new PC I have a macbook, and linux on my home computer which I use for absolutely nothing. Have been thinking I should splurge on a new comp anyways, but now I'm confused..

Oddly enough, I just purchased a Commodore 64 and Amiga 500. Both still in the original boxes from an estate sale for 50 clams.

I'm going to install 3.1 or win98 and give that a go.
    I used an Amiga for years they operate on an operating system called Workbench that you boot with a disk called Kickstart. This predates DOS and windows and is as far as I am concerned the whole inspiration for the idea of iconographic representation of folders on your virtual desktop that Microsoft stole was inspired by when they created Windows. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming onto PC's after years of using Amigas and Atari's to clock everything from in the studio. The Atari ST was so solid and reliable as a sequencer when running Cubase that people still use it now. I loved my Amiga and thought the ability to sample in 8 bit and play four simultaneous audio tracks whilst triggering all my outboard synths was mind blowing. I have only just started selling my hardware synths these last couple of weeks because I am so skint.

My silent Studio PC is never connected to the Internet and so will be fine running XP for years but my other general one is not capable of running anything else being so old and so I will have to keep running new malware and gaff taping its operating system together until it succumbs to the digital grim reaper. I will post on Saddo from my phone or one day upgrade to Linux or become an intolerable smug cunt and buy a Mac.

No I will never buy a Mac.

Windows 7? anyone run this ?

oops Sorry @IamInuit I just realised you said 3.1 and so obviously know all about Kickstart. I apologise for trying to teach my Grandpa to suck eggs. Can you get Win 98 to run on an Amiga then?
    Last edited by Beanz; 04-03-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Because I am a prune and did not realise that other people in the world would know what I was wittering on about. They do now
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Oddly enough, I just purchased a Commodore 64 and Amiga 500. Both still in the original boxes from an estate sale for 50 clams.

I'm going to install 3.1 or win98 and give that a go.
    I used an Amiga for years they operate on an operating system called Workbench that you boot with a disk called Kickstart. This predates DOS and windows and is as far as I am concerned the whole inspiration for the idea of iconographic representation of folders on your virtual desktop that Microsoft stole was inspired by when they created Windows. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming onto PC's after years of using Amigas and Atari's to clock everything from in the studio. The Atari ST was so solid and reliable as a sequencer when running Cubase that people still use it now. I loved my Amiga and thought the ability to sample in 8 bit and play four simultaneous audio tracks whilst triggering all my outboard synths was mind blowing. I have only just started selling my hardware synths these last couple of weeks because I am so skint.

My silent Studio PC is never connected to the Internet and so will be fine running XP for years but my other general one is not capable of running anything else being so old and so I will have to keep running new malware and gaff taping its operating system together until it succumbs to the digital grim reaper. I will post on Saddo from my phone or one day upgrade to Linux or become an intolerable smug cunt and buy a Mac.

No I will never buy a Mac.

Windows 7? anyone run this ?

oops Sorry @IamInuit I just realised you said 3.1 and so obviously know all about Kickstart. I apologise for trying to teach my Grandpa to suck eggs. Can you get Win 98 to run on an Amiga then?
    You are obviously confusing me with someone who knows what they are talking about. I bought those items because they were old and I'm a bit of a collector of things. I still have my grandmothers antique button collection that my mom remembers as a child stored in two antique British tea tins no doubt from my Granddad. Wish I knew more about them. According to a quick google search some are worth a fortune as individuals and I have sets that my Nanny strung together.

I'm an xp freak and plan to keep it running. I use one desk top for streaming only on the one I'm using now for fiddling around. Windows 7 was just brought in at work and tbh I have not spent much time on it but some of the bells and whistles seem nice.

I thought I'd try to tinker with the 64 and Amiga just for the fun of it. I have not even tied in my man cave system all together yet. Never been good at the stuff you appear to be quite astute on. I was planning on doing it this summer so I'm going to be coming to you for some advice. I wanna use an old receiver (Techniques) with some old studio monitors and tie in with my playstation, projector, tele, pc etc etc.

I can only imagine what the system you have must sound like. Got any pics?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got allmy oil and rubbish ready for the beach tomorrow.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Got allmy oil and rubbish ready for the beach tomorrow.
    Don't accidentally drown Reg.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a fifty percent likely hood that I will again go hulk smash on my new PC with Windows 8. That's exactly what happened last week. I was trying to Frankenstein a working desktop from the remains of 3 and damn near set the cat on fire.

We'll survive doomsday. It certainly will not be as bad as my first year on Saddos..via dial up..on a laptop the size of a pizza box..in 2007

Have you ever tried to do a up to second RBR thread on dial up...now that's dedication and equally embarrassing

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    There is a fifty percent likely hood that I will again go hulk smash on my new PC with Windows 8. That's exactly what happened last week. I was trying to Frankenstein a working desktop from the remains of 3 and damn near set the cat on fire.

We'll survive doomsday. It certainly will not be as bad as my first year on Saddos..via dial up..on a laptop the size of a pizza box..in 2007

Have you ever tried to do a up to second RBR thread on dial up...now that's dedication and equally embarrassing

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well didn't drown but I did pollute the ocean but hey just wanted what you guys wanted and that's to help destroy the earth

Thread Information