Thread: Worst referee in boxing today?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Worst referee in boxing today?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Cole really ain't all that bad. His mistakes get over exaggerated. Jay Nady and Pat Russell are terrible referees
    His mistakes are GRAVE... he assisted with Margarito's "effective" career being over. Watch that Pac/Margo fight and then come back...

Fight should have been STOPPED from the 9th, maybe 10th. No reason Margo needed to take that punishment. If it wasn't for the mercy of Pac, Margo would have lost an eye...
    Than the corner should of stopped it. Cuz Margarito was still fighting back. At no time did he stop throwing punches
    Sadly, there were NO ADULTS that night. Yes, the corner should have stopped it too. But the ref was the man seeing the action in the ring... everyone failed that night EXCEPT for Manny.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cole really ain't all that bad. His mistakes get over exaggerated. Jay Nady and Pat Russell are terrible referees
    His mistakes are GRAVE... he assisted with Margarito's "effective" career being over. Watch that Pac/Margo fight and then come back...

Fight should have been STOPPED from the 9th, maybe 10th. No reason Margo needed to take that punishment. If it wasn't for the mercy of Pac, Margo would have lost an eye...
    Than the corner should of stopped it. Cuz Margarito was still fighting back. At no time did he stop throwing punches
    Sadly, there were NO ADULTS that night. Yes, the corner should have stopped it too. But the ref was the man seeing the action in the ring... everyone failed that night EXCEPT for Manny.
    Cole saw what I saw. A man still throwing punches and still in the fight. I wouldn't of stopped it either. It was after all a championship fight. Not a game of tag

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I asked Pac & Tony after the fight Pac said Tony hit him harder than anyone ever had before he almost went down from a body shot. Pac went to hospital too after the fight.
    The word quit is not in Tony Margarito's vocabulary
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cole's favoritism is why he's such a dreadful ref. And it's well documented that he's got the connections in the state of Texas. So he gets consistently rewarded with more fights, even after doing a shitty job.

So far it's about 99-1 regarding Cole.
    But for all intents and purposes................. it's really unanimous.

Lawrence Cole lives in Texas that's why he referee's there I knew Lawrence & his Father Dickie Cole for the 20 yrs I spent in Texas. Both were great guys. All referees make mistakes but some could be called blatantly corrupt eg Cortez, Steele, Marlon B Wright,etc Don't get me started on some of the Vegas judges either please
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cole's favoritism is why he's such a dreadful ref. And it's well documented that he's got the connections in the state of Texas. So he gets consistently rewarded with more fights, even after doing a shitty job.

So far it's about 99-1 regarding Cole.
    But for all intents and purposes................. it's really unanimous.

Lawrence Cole lives in Texas that's why he referee's there I knew Lawrence & his Father Dickie Cole for the 20 yrs I spent in Texas. Both were great guys. All referees make mistakes but some could be called blatantly corrupt eg Cortez, Steele, Marlon B Wright,etc Don't get me started on some of the Vegas judges either please
    if he isnt corrupt then he is just a terrible referee and shouldnt have a job.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just remembered something about lawrence Cole.. lol back when Marquez fought Jaca in 06, dude acted as if he put money down on marquez like straight the fuck up haha..

Marquez suffered a bad cut at some point then Cole took him to a neutral corner and let him know that he could quit and still win the fight because he was up on the cards anyways.. like wtf!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember that fight lol, didn't realize it was Cole. He was so friendly with Marquez telling him that to Smoger acts the same way with fighters sometimes, it makes me laugh.

From all I've heard about Laurence Cole, I think he probably is just a really bad referee who is well connected. I'd hate to be either boxer in one of his jobs though, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Marquez incident gets over blown. Cole told Marquez he was up on the cards. Who gives a fuck? Everybody watching the fight knew Marquez was winning. It was no surprise.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After last night's Browne-Kalajdzic fight, I'd say Tony Chiarantano is the worst.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    After last night's Browne-Kalajdzic fight, I'd say Tony Chiarantano is the worst.
    Agreed. Browne should have been warned for holding at the beginning of the fight. He held very excessively

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ian John Lewis for sure. At the start he gives the camera a look like it's him who's fighting , then all through the fight, he's jumping around like someon put chilli powder in his pants. Thinks the crowd have come to watch him.
    Howard Foster fucked up in Froch- Groves 1, but he's not always that bad.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apart from Steve Smoger I don't rate any of the current refs.

But Ian John Lewis stands out as the worst. He's just awful. The man is on huge ego trip. He get's off on the power he has. Always wagging his finger at the Boxers. He especially loves to do that with big heavyweights. He tries to give off this this tough, non nonsense "I'm in charge" ref, but then he'd stop a bout over a nose bleed.
    Last edited by denilson200; 04-18-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Found a new contender for crooked ref 101 on Friday. One Macolm Bulner aka Malcolm Bulmar of Australia. He makes the ref in the Marcus Brown ghost KD fiasco look honest Randy Petalcorin dropped Omari Kimweri a handful of times and he called 0 of them. Not a one. Oh and....his wife was one of the judges Cannot find the full fight, it was on FB but has been pulled down! Also this ref isn't listed as officiating since April 9th. And this fight is not on his 'record'. Like it never happened He might have a twin? Or maybe not
    https://youtu.be/07lUkDqsXOo

When does a ref stop the action to ask a fighter are you ok...but not rule a kd or anything?
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-18-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Laurence Cole is never going to be out of work. He's the guy promoters go for when they want to protect their fighter. Sorry, one of the elite guys promoters go for when they want to protect their fighter.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They all seem to get worse as they get older.

When Abraham dropped Dirrell with a clean shot and Lawrence Cole ruled it a slip, Direll fans even looked perplexed. I've seen a couple of Cole's fight live. Horrible job both times.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information