Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should Sergey Kovalev fight next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who should Sergey Kovalev fight next?

Adonis Stevenson has ducked him and Bernard Hopkins fights on a different network. Chad Dawson has signed with Al Haymon.

There are still some possibilities though: Pascal, Chilemba, Cloud, and Braehmer.

Would Pascal be willing to fight Sergey? Chilemba is an easy fight to make, but will HBO accept him as an opponent? Cloud would require negotiations with Don King, which often take too long.

I'd like to see him put a beating on Jurgen Braehmer, who is another piece of shit like Stevenson (Braehmer has had several convictions for beating up women). But HBO may want an American fight, and Braehmer may not want to (or be permitted to) fight in the USA.

Is there anyone else Kovalev could fight next?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should Sergey Kovalev fight next?

Andre Ward would clearly be a great opponent, outside of Stevenson I think he'd bring more than anyone, and he doesn't really have anything keeping him at 168. I highly doubt Pascal would fight Kovalev, and I wouldn't give him much more chance than Cloud or Braehmer(those two I'd give zilch mind you) It's tough but there are only a handful of really good fighters from 160-175, Kovalev-Stevenson is the only superfight to be made without anyone shifting weight, sucks it won't happen.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adonis Stevenson's next entrance song:

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Adonis Stevenson has ducked him and Bernard Hopkins fights on a different network. Chad Dawson has signed with Al Haymon.

There are still some possibilities though: Pascal, Chilemba, Cloud, and Braehmer.

Would Pascal be willing to fight Sergey? Chilemba is an easy fight to make, but will HBO accept him as an opponent? Cloud would require negotiations with Don King, which often take too long.

I'd like to see him put a beating on Jurgen Braehmer, who is another piece of shit like Stevenson (Braehmer has had several convictions for beating up women). But HBO may want an American fight, and Braehmer may not want to (or be permitted to) fight in the USA.

Cut the bullshit. Stevenson has not ducked squat. People act as if Stevenson is doing something out of the ordinary. Its hilarious. If someone people like is doing the same thing its totally understandable. Its "business" but if its someone doing it some dont like its a duck and or cherry picking.

News Flash. Cherry picking is the sport.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No IamInuit, he should have taken less money! That's just smart professionalism SMH

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to see Kovalev fight Braehmer or Pascal this year. Hopefully at least one of those two fights can be made.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

andre ward is a great fight for both parties. i dont think that either would have a major drop in stock with a loss but the winner's stock would soar. after the agnew fight, i believe that ward wins, but kovalevs power is real so it always gives him a chance.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    andre ward is a great fight for both parties. i dont think that either would have a major drop in stock with a loss but the winner's stock would soar. after the agnew fight, i believe that ward wins, but kovalevs power is real so it always gives him a chance.
    Andre Ward has the kind of style that makes everybody look bad and Kovalev would be no exception..

I bet everybody will say Kovalev is overrated after this fight.. unless he wins of course..

Carl Froch did a good job in spots and if he can do that, I believe kovalev can too..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's four guys: Stevenson, Kovalev, Hopkins, and Ward (should he choose to move up).

Who cares about anyone else at 175? Chad Dawson got knocked into irrelevancy by Ward and Stevenson. Jean Pascal is kind of interesting, just kind of. Bellew got whipped and moved up. Cleverly got eaten alive.

These four guys need to fight each other. Ward should move up because nobody decent is going to get in the ring with him at 168.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Cut the bullshit. Stevenson has not ducked squat. People act as if Stevenson is doing something out of the ordinary. Its hilarious. If someone people like is doing the same thing its totally understandable. Its "business" but if its someone doing it some dont like its a duck and or cherry picking.

News Flash. Cherry picking is the sport.
    What's the fight you want to see most at light heavyweight? For me, it's Stevenson-Kovalev. Hands down, bar none. Kovalev agreed to the terms. Stevenson didn't. He weighed the risk/reward ratio and decided against the fight for the money offered. Great business decision for Stevenson. Bravo! Now we get to see Stevenson fight in less compelling match-ups. I'm thrilled. Aren't you? Stevenson made more money though so at least there's that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Outside of Stevenson, there's just Pascal, unless Ward moves up. Stevenson apparently views beating Pascal as reason for wanting to face Hopkins and Froch. Maybe if Kovalev knocks him out, it could make the difference in getting the fight made.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a shame these guys can make big money without fighting the other top guys in the division. I guess with Stevenson's huge Montreal following he can make money fighting just about anyone.

I'd be very interested in seeing Stevenson fight Bhop as well.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pascal from the fighters he is allowed to fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

among his realistic options, thats probably the best fight. if he can KO pascal (which i think he can), it will really make a statement.

Thread Information