Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Stevenson lashes out on Kovalev.. " you just a real slow bum with no defense "

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Stevenson lashes out on Kovalev.. " you just a real slow bum with no defense "

He also tells Kathy Duva to stop crying....

I bet he wouldnt hesitate to force pimp out Kathy Duva if she was few years younger..

ADONIS STEVENSON CALLS KOVALEV A "BUM WITH NO DEFENCE"; TELLS PROMOTER "STOP CRYING...MAKE THE FIGHT"|| FIGHTHYPE.COM

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get going for more money for a fight it is a business, but just say so. don't go saying it would have been an easy ass fight, if it was so easy why not take the easy money and sign the dotted line. Kovalev is legit and don't give a shit and I'm sure would have glady travelled up to montreal

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get going for more money for a fight it is a business, but just say so. don't go saying it would have been an easy ass fight, if it was so easy why not take the easy money and sign the dotted line. Kovalev is legit and don't give a shit and I'm sure would have glady travelled up to montreal...and well speaking of bums as far as I know only one of the two has been koed by someone some people would refer to as a bum...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stevenson lashes out on Kovalev.. " you just a real slow bum with no defense "

Stevenson made a business decision but by moving to showtime, he wouldve knowm that a chance to face kovalev goes down the drain.. so a duck is a duck..

I agree Armin.. stevenson is practically hiding behind a glass wall and talking all kinds of shit to kov.. fuckin buster ass move if u ask me.

If u know the fight aint gona happen, stop talking shit.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

I bet he wouldnt hesitate to force pimp out Kathy Duva if she was few years younger..

ADONIS STEVENSON CALLS KOVALEV A "BUM WITH NO DEFENCE"; TELLS PROMOTER "STOP CRYING...MAKE THE FIGHT"|| FIGHTHYPE.COM
    I'd love to see these two in the ring but I'm thinking it's going to be awhile yet.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

I'd love to see these two in the ring but I'm thinking it's going to be awhile yet.
    Which sucks cause stevenson is already what 37 and we know the bhops are few and far between

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stevenson lashes out on Kovalev.. " you just a real slow bum with no defense "

Last time I saw some big mouth spouting off about "easy fight, easy work" and he's a slow bum with no defense etc etc, it was Broner having his ass handed too him. I doubt Stevenson has his chin though.

Stevenson literally bolted from a sure made fight, and still wants to fight it shouting from the tree he ran up. Clown.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its called PROMOTION!

Fools!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look how many bullshit Adonis is ducking threads does this forum need?

Here it is right from the horses mouth Yvon Michael his bloody promoter:
    According to Michel, HBO offered a license fee, for Stevenson-Kovalev, that was significantly less than what the network had offered for last fall's Andre Ward vs. Edwin Rodriguez clash. Ward-Rodriguez received an HBO license fee of $3.15 million dollars. Many in the industry were very, very critical of the license fee paid for that fight, especial when the television rating only peaked at 1.2 million viewers. Rodriguez, who most viewed as a hand-picked opponent to test Ward's post-injury abilities, was given $1 million for the fight.

"I have a lot of people telling me that this fight, Kovalev and Stevenson, that it's one of the two or three most important fights to be done this year. If that's the case, then why was the offer [from HBO] for the Stevenson-Kovalev fight not even close, in terms of the license fee, to the fight with Ward and Rodriguez. Ward-Rodriguez, I remember well, was not a huge ratings [hit] on HBO. I'm telling you that if the offer would have been even close to the type of license fee that [Ward-Rodriguez] got, for sure we would not [be going over to Showtime]," Michel said.

"I'm telling you it was far from that number. HBO could have made the deal with us before we got an offer from Showtime. Everybody is saying that it's a great, great fight and I agree, but I also agree that it probably had not matured enough because HBO was not willing to pay the value of what they were paying for other fights on the network. It was always that point that Adonis was bringing to me, that Rodriguez made a million dollars and Ward made two millions dollars and what we were offered for the [Kovalev] fight - it was not close to that."

Last year's HBO doubleheader with Stevenson and Kovalev had higher ratings numbers than Ward-Rodriguez. Stevenson-Bellew had 1,305,000 viewers and peaked at 1,358,000 viewers. Kovalev's KO win over Ismayl Sillakh had 1,254,000 viewers. The license fee offered by HBO for Stevenson-Kovalev was "closer to $2 million than $3 million."

Showtime's plan is to match Stevenson, should he beat Fonfara, with next month's winner of the IBF/WBA light heavyweight unification between Bernard Hopkins and Beibut Shumenov. Both Stevenson and Hopkins have been clamoring to fight each other for some time. With Hopkins defeating Canadian superstar Jean Pascal in a historical 2011 decision win in Montreal, it makes a potential Hopkins-Stevenson fight a very big event on Canadian soil.

Michel says Showtime stepped up financially in a big way to secure Stevenson's fight with Fonfara. How big? Michel explained.

"Adonis will make the highest purse of his career with Fonfara..by far. Against Fonfara, he's going to make more than twice than what he made for his last fight. His highest paid fight [on HBO] was against Bellew. He is going to generate more than twice of that. The license fee is twice the number too. Adonis' purse will be twice as big as his purse was against Bellew and the license fee that we got from Showtime was more than twice than what we got [from HBO] for the Bellew fight," Michel said.

"With Showtime now, and the potential fight with [Bernard] Hopkins, the potential fight with Hopkins will bring much more money to Adonis than he could have made with a Kovalev fight. I know reporters are looking at Kovalev and believe that it will be a great match and I agree, but I also believe that for fans, for people that are not hardcore fans - a fight with Hopkins - here in Montreal - will have twice the number of people [in the venue] than it would be for Kovalev."

"At the end of the day, really, HBO didn't buy [Stevenson's fight] and then didn't match [Showtime's offer], because they decided that it wasn't a good business move for them. They didn't believe the [Stevenson-Kovalev] fight was important for them or they would have made the proper move, which they did not."
    Is that plain and simple enough for people or what!?

Look again, it can’t be all about the money and nothing about the money at the same time depending on whether somebody likes somebody or not. That’s pretzel logic.
    People throw around "ducking" like they throw around "p4p" and it carries with it just about as much meaning. Ziltch. Why have Maidana and Matthyse never fought? What took Zarate and Pintor so long? They made the fight only after they made the mistake with Carlos of matching him with a young killer Gomez. That was effectively the end of Zarates career.
    Punchers are not matched with each other for a reason. It could be their last fight. Today, money trumps legacy so the thoughts of the money tap being turned off is warning enough. Its not rocket science. The days of Graziano verses Zale are long gone and have been for years. There are only so many slots for pay days and they are controlled by broadcasters and not by the sport.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice try IamInuit but the people that buy all the drama of "ducking" will once again ignore the fact it's business and be shouting about Melrose Place errrr boxing again tomorrow. People just blame who they want to.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Nice try IamInuit but the people that buy all the drama of "ducking" will once again ignore the fact it's business and be shouting about Melrose Place errrr boxing again tomorrow. People just blame who they want to.
    Yeah we all know that if Kovalev was offered 2 million to fight Hopkins and 1 million to fight Stevenson he'd fight Stevenson.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope one day Kovalev punches the living shit out of Stevenson. I don't reckon Stevenson is that much slicker that he could clown him or anything like that, he'll be feeling the leather alright.

Nobody is ducking anybody there.

@Ron Swanson

I agree with you on the whole regarding the whole ducking drama but I hope your making an exception for the case of Floyd Mayweather??

There has rarely been an example of such a shameful and blatant duck in boxing I can recall.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They need to MAKE THIS FIGHT HAPPEN. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes so I'm not going to accuse anyone of ducking, but this fight should be happening ASAP.

The LHW division has been boring for YEARS, now you have two exciting knockout punchers at the top of the division, they fought on the same card, destroyed their opponents in exciting, impressive fashion... and now they aren't fighting? This is what's wrong with boxing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Kovalev beats Pascal, the demand for a showdown with Stevenson would be HUGE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its clear what rubs people the wrong way. When they were on the same network and Kovalev was pushing for the fight Stevenson said it will happen and never once expressed a push for the fight. Now that he signed away from the network and the fight basically can't happen somehow all of a sudden Stevenson says Kovalev is an easy payday and calls for them to make the fight. Now he reacts to Kovalev's push for the fight

Thread Information