Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Japanese MW prospect, Ryoto Murata... uh ohh GGfake has a live body to worry about

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Japanese MW prospect, Ryoto Murata... uh ohh GGfake has a live body to worry about

He is still a green ass prospect with so much to learn but Bob arum went through a lot to sign him out of the ams. Top Rank has high hopes for him for a reason.

Murata has the proper size and dude is a straight up banger. He aint no feather fisted bum jap Ishida who works part time at Sushi boy.

As I said, he still has amatuer tendencies and needs a lot of time to develope but if GGG stays at 160, a fight between them is possible. Both fight on hbo so no issue there.

Side note: GGG fighting chavez at 168 is a one time deal. He doesn't want to fight the real SMWs cuz they are too dangerous.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-BvE6sEVcU8

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen quite a bit o Murata. Saw a lot as an amateur and have seen most of his pro fights to date. He is a great prospect and in that middle weight division I could see him beat anyone. Right now GGG would beat him but 2 years down the line if Murata progresses well he coul we'll be the king.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Japanese MW prospect, Ryoto Murata... uh ohh GGfake has a live body to worry abo

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Japanese MW prospect, Ryoto Murata... uh ohh GGfake has a live body to worry abo

Im not quite sure why you feel GGG is fake .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Im not quite sure why you feel GGG is fake .
    A titlist who has fought nobody has to be regarded as a fake champion until proven otherwise.

He has been a champ for 3 years now yet there isnt one elite opponent on his resume..

Even Lucian Bute beat better guys during his title reign..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's faced decent fighters in Macklin and Stevens. Not his fault others won't fight him. Geales excuse was BS and Sturm been ducking him for years. Quillin won't fight for promo reasons and I don't see him as a legit contender anyway and Martinez decided on Cotto instead.

He should fight Lara, Canelo or Chavez Jr next at whatever weight. He shouldn't fight Ward cz money really wouldn't be that good for such a risk.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    He's faced decent fighters in Macklin and Stevens. Not his fault others won't fight him. Geales excuse was BS and Sturm been ducking him for years. Quillin won't fight for promo reasons and I don't see him as a legit contender anyway and Martinez decided on Cotto instead.

He should fight Lara, Canelo or Chavez Jr next at whatever weight. He shouldn't fight Ward cz money really wouldn't be that good for such a risk.
    Geales reason was perfectly valid. No reason he should have to give up his Australian PPV money and not be seen in his homeland. HBO was willing to go along with Geales idea of having it a week earlier or a week later. It was GGGs team that thought tthe venue was a sticking point. No theatre is worth giving up a good fight.

I disagree with the OPs assessment that GGG is a fake but I agree he needs top opponents. The fact that they proved themselves to be liars in that "we're focused on cleaning out 160"excuse has put them on the spot. After they get paid against Chavez they need a real opponent. If people are forced to bring up Stevens and pretend he's a good opponent your resume is lacking. Stevens has a punch and absolutely nothing else.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Geales reason was perfectly valid. No reason he should have to give up his Australian PPV money and not be seen in his homeland. HBO was willing to go along with Geales idea of having it a week earlier or a week later. It was GGGs team that thought tthe venue was a sticking point. No theatre is worth giving up a good fight.

I disagree with the OPs assessment that GGG is a fake but I agree he needs top opponents. The fact that they proved themselves to be liars in that "we're focused on cleaning out 160"excuse has put them on the spot. After they get paid against Chavez they need a real opponent. If people are forced to bring up Stevens and pretend he's a good opponent your resume is lacking. Stevens has a punch and absolutely nothing else.
    Geale was being brought in as the opponent. An opponent who had recently lost his title to a crippled fighter. He was not in any kind of position to make demands. His reasons were irrelevant. They gave him a choice. You want the fight or not? He declined. He ducked him

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He is still a green ass prospect with so much to learn but Bob arum went through a lot to sign him out of the ams. Top Rank has high hopes for him for a reason.

Murata has the proper size and dude is a straight up banger. He aint no feather fisted bum jap Ishida who works part time at Sushi boy.

As I said, he still has amatuer tendencies and needs a lot of time to develope but if GGG stays at 160, a fight between them is possible. Both fight on hbo so no issue there.

Side note: GGG fighting chavez at 168 is a one time deal. He doesn't want to fight the real SMWs cuz they are too dangerous.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-BvE6sEVcU8
    He's only 3-0-0 but ranked 2nd in Japan and 22 worldwide. That's good for 3 fights.

Plus the 3 guys he has fought and KOd were all good fights to face that early in your career.

Exciting prospect.

Added note : 1 of the guys he fought had a 70% KO ratio, which again is risky for someone so early.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 04-08-2014 at 07:13 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Murata a lot as a prospect. But that's the extent of it. I don't want to pick on Murata's flaws as I really do like him but he is at least 3 or four years away. He's in the developmental stage of his pro career. In 3 years Golovkin could have crashed and burned, but right now Murata would just be food for Golovkin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The two are are apparently training together at the moment in Big Bear!

Ryota Murata begins his training with Gennady Golovkin - Asian Boxing

What I would pay to see that sparring session!

Thread Information