Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Did some math.

Wilder's opponents' combined records:

426 Wins - 196 Losses - 19 Draws.

Percentage-wise:
    66.46 % Wins.
    30.58 % Losses.
    2.96 % Draws.

Over 5 years as a pro, this 28 year old undefeated fighter still has fought no one of consequence yet regarding World Class Boxing. He should've been in there with some Top 10 guys by now, someone that really gonna be fighting back.
    A fighter doesn't develop nor learn anything unless his management steps up the competition each time out. Are they scared to put him in there with a live one?
    It's over-protecting, and stagnating this fighter's development.
    They must know something we do not know yet.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

His chin could be suspect. I saw david haye catching him with a clean right hand in sparring and it looked like wilder froze for a sec..

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    His chin could be suspect. I saw david haye catching him with a clean right hand in sparring and it looked like wilder froze for a sec..
    Haye can hit so no shame there but hope he does not have an Audley Harrison chin.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Haye can hit so no shame there but hope he does not have an Audley Harrison chin.
    There are exceptions but generally, tall black fighters with skinny legs cant take a punch..

Wilder dont strike me as the type with a solid chin.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I think Tyson has earned the right to make any comments or thoughts about current fighters.
    I agree with Tyson.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a chin problem with Wilder.
    2 short clips below, only about 1 minute each, worth a look.

Wilder turned pro Nov 2008 at 23 years old.
    Here he is 9 months earlier, Feb 2008, as a 22 year old Amateur getting knocked around and down by Evgenyi Romanov (born in 1985 same as Wilder.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWqvX3_PW4

David Haye sparring Wilder in 2013. Haye was rocking him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7tzdZvOWkY

Quite easy to see the liability and susceptibility in this fighter.
    Bur hey, Wladimir had some chin issues until Stewart joined him in 2004 and gradually worked out the kinks in his style, developed him, helped him learn to protect the vulnerable chin.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed the Toney that destroyed Holyfield would have beaten Tyson who was a shell of the fighter he was.

I think you are being too generous on Wilder and blaming his promoters. He has gone at a snails pace for what reason? He has amateur experience, it must be because he is fragile and may have a weak chin.
    Having a proper amount of amateur experience makes a world of difference as opposed to having a short one unless you are just one of a kind which wilder clearly isnt.. he doesnt have the foundation.. the guy barely learned how to throw a jab.. if Lennox lewis had to school him on a simple jab, theres something lacking there...

Chavez jr used to get babied too but he's now fighting the big guns.. wilder should get there shortly..
    Veras a big gun?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who the hell invited FAT TUB OF LARD ASS, James "Big Mac" Toney to butt (pun fully intended) in to the conversation?? Go back to your dinner plate, you slurring clown. Only way Toney beats Wilder right now is in an "All-you-can-eat" contest at the neighborhood greasy spoon.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike may have accomplished so much more at an early age but he also had more amatuer experience than WIlder did..

You look at Mike's ESPN highlights and youll see a bunch of long haired whiteboys and hippies we've never heard of..

Wilder has been talking alot lately though on fighthype.. This dude is acting like he scored an upset over Scott.. He says everybody expected him to lose to Scott but he proved them wrong..lol okayyyyyyy nobody fuckin gave Scott a chance so wtf is he talking about.
    Go back and check that thread, a lot of fans have Scott a chance. Some gave him more than an even chance is the way I remember it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so wilders promo team are lining up a fight with toney..... bit of a crap fight but whatever... he's never been stopped and hopefully makes wilder work for more than 3 rounds

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Mikes one hundred percent correct, also think he's right about Jennings being more exciting. The only thing Wilder should be saying is "thank you sir".
    True but that 3vtear old comment was unnecessary, no? Mike was taking jabs at him..

As an immature young fighter, I can see why wilder got a bit offended.. after all, he's still learning on thejob and dude is working hard..
    Yeh but it's probably the biggest shot he's taken from a respected heavyweight Mikes always wearing in on the sleeve and really Wilder needs to hear it. You can expect detractors and doubters in the fans but Wilder should take stock in the underlying perspective. It's ironic coming from a guy who also knocked over a truck load of guys in quickies coming up but Mikes saying until you've faced fire and taken a punch it could just as easily say everything about the level your people feel your really at as it does your protected puffed up ko power.

I really feel more and more the powers in charge are trying to walk the china shop through the bull herd with Wilder. I don't see him learning or working a whole lot all that much and it's going to catch up badly when his punch is actually slipped and he doesn't know how to get outta the way.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-09-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I think Tyson has earned the right to make any comments or thoughts about current fighters.
    I agree with Tyson.
    I think Tyson has the right to say anything he wants, also. I also think he should show some class, unlike the rest of us. LOL He is a promoter, businessman and hopefully a mentor who should be trying to project a positive image along with some good advice.
    He had a great chance to do a lot of good when he was younger and for whatever reasons it didn't work out. I hope he doesn't let a second chance slip through his fingers. I'm hopeful this squabble, if there is one, is a one time thing.
    Mike Tyson an honest, truthful promoter and businessman. Yeah!!
    Mike Tyson a hot tempered, loud mouthed, headhunting promoter and businessman. Hell no!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mikes one hundred percent correct, also think he's right about Jennings being more exciting. The only thing Wilder should be saying is "thank you sir".
    True but that 3vtear old comment was unnecessary, no? Mike was taking jabs at him..

As an immature young fighter, I can see why wilder got a bit offended.. after all, he's still learning on thejob and dude is working hard..
    Yeh but it's probably the biggest shot he's taken from a respected heavyweight Mikes always wearing in on the sleeve and really Wilder needs to hear it. You can expect detractors and doubters in the fans but Wilder should take stock in the underlying perspective. It's ironic coming from a guy who also knocked over a truck load of guys in quickies coming up but Mikes saying until you've faced fire and taken a punch it could just as easily say everything about the level your people feel your really at as it does your protected puffed up ko power.

I really feel more and more the powers in charge are trying to walk the china shop through the bull herd with Wilder. I don't see him learning or working a whole lot all that much and it's going to catch up badly when his punch is actually slipped and he doesn't know how to get outta the way.
    Bullshit! Utter bullshit!

Mike won the WBC title within 2 years or turning pro!

The level of fighter that Wlder is stagnating on 6 years in to his pro career is the level of fighter Mike was facing within his first year! Jesse Ferguson beats everyone that Wilder has faced.....

At the same point in Mikes career, 6 years in, he had beaten 3 seperate defending belt holders and had defended all the unified titles 6 successfull times (something no other fighter from any division has done).

Mike can say what the fuck he wants. Hes on everyones greatest list, no matter where, hes there.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until Wilder gets beaten we cant judge him to much , he will have to step up soon , he has nowhere else to go .If he fails then we will judge him.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Agreed the Toney that destroyed Holyfield would have beaten Tyson who was a shell of the fighter he was.

I think you are being too generous on Wilder and blaming his promoters. He has gone at a snails pace for what reason? He has amateur experience, it must be because he is fragile and may have a weak chin.
    Having a proper amount of amateur experience makes a world of difference as opposed to having a short one unless you are just one of a kind which wilder clearly isnt.. he doesnt have the foundation.. the guy barely learned how to throw a jab.. if Lennox lewis had to school him on a simple jab, theres something lacking there...

Chavez jr used to get babied too but he's now fighting the big guns.. wilder should get there shortly..
    Veras a big gun?

No, Finito is finally admitting the much smaller Golovkin is a big gun, though obviously not as tested and improved as Tyson Fury who has just faced the mighty Abel.

Thread Information