Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Mikes one hundred percent correct, also think he's right about Jennings being more exciting. The only thing Wilder should be saying is "thank you sir".
    True but that 3vtear old comment was unnecessary, no? Mike was taking jabs at him..

As an immature young fighter, I can see why wilder got a bit offended.. after all, he's still learning on thejob and dude is working hard..
    Yeh but it's probably the biggest shot he's taken from a respected heavyweight Mikes always wearing in on the sleeve and really Wilder needs to hear it. You can expect detractors and doubters in the fans but Wilder should take stock in the underlying perspective. It's ironic coming from a guy who also knocked over a truck load of guys in quickies coming up but Mikes saying until you've faced fire and taken a punch it could just as easily say everything about the level your people feel your really at as it does your protected puffed up ko power.

I really feel more and more the powers in charge are trying to walk the china shop through the bull herd with Wilder. I don't see him learning or working a whole lot all that much and it's going to catch up badly when his punch is actually slipped and he doesn't know how to get outta the way.
    Bullshit! Utter bullshit!

Mike won the WBC title within 2 years or turning pro!

The level of fighter that Wlder is stagnating on 6 years in to his pro career is the level of fighter Mike was facing within his first year! Jesse Ferguson beats everyone that Wilder has faced.....

At the same point in Mikes career, 6 years in, he had beaten 3 seperate defending belt holders and had defended all the unified titles 6 successfull times (something no other fighter from any division has done).

Mike can say what the fuck he wants. Hes on everyones greatest list, no matter where, hes there.
    Think you missed my point buttermilk. All I'm saying is pounding out everyone early..just like you are fully expected to and that's why they are being trucked in.. doesn't really prove or disprove all of the other necessary intangibles. Ya forgot the rest of the sentence

Wilder is choreographed and manufactured and while you have dopy announcers and a few fans drooling over KO POWER..it is a two way street. Jebus Christmas man I've been detracting on Wilder since he was being hurt by Harold flipping Sconiers ffs

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson makes a remark about Wilder.. WIlder fires back... James Toney backs Tyson

Mikes one hundred percent correct, also think he's right about Jennings being more exciting. The only thing Wilder should be saying is "thank you sir".
    True but that 3vtear old comment was unnecessary, no? Mike was taking jabs at him..

As an immature young fighter, I can see why wilder got a bit offended.. after all, he's still learning on thejob and dude is working hard..
    Yeh but it's probably the biggest shot he's taken from a respected heavyweight Mikes always wearing in on the sleeve and really Wilder needs to hear it. You can expect detractors and doubters in the fans but Wilder should take stock in the underlying perspective. It's ironic coming from a guy who also knocked over a truck load of guys in quickies coming up but Mikes saying until you've faced fire and taken a punch it could just as easily say everything about the level your people feel your really at as it does your protected puffed up ko power.

I really feel more and more the powers in charge are trying to walk the china shop through the bull herd with Wilder. I don't see him learning or working a whole lot all that much and it's going to catch up badly when his punch is actually slipped and he doesn't know how to get outta the way.

The level of fighter that Wlder is stagnating on 6 years in to his pro career is the level of fighter Mike was facing within his first year! Jesse Ferguson beats everyone that Wilder has faced.....

At the same point in Mikes career, 6 years in, he had beaten 3 seperate defending belt holders and had defended all the unified titles 6 successfull times (something no other fighter from any division has done).

Mike can say what the fuck he wants. Hes on everyones greatest list, no matter where, hes there.
    Think you missed my point buttermilk. All I'm saying is pounding out everyone early..just like you are fully expected to and that's why they are being trucked in.. doesn't really prove or disprove all of the other necessary intangibles. Ya forgot the rest of the sentence

Wilder is choreographed and manufactured and while you have dopy announcers and a few fans drooling over KO POWER..it is a two way street. Jebus Christmas man I've been detracting on Wilder since he was being hurt by Harold flipping Sconiers ffs

Randy it is pointless talking to kids , and fan boys.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Randy it is pointless talking to kids , and fan boys.
    Yeh, I just have an urge when having bullshit called on me to respond to a 8 month old post in which we basically agree

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's kinda funny, Wilder definitely shouldn't be throwing flack at any former champion before he has fought anyone. Also, imagine being in the same room with James Toney and Mike Tyson when they are both pissed off at you. I don't care how old they are, I'd rather try my luck swimming in a shark tank.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney would have been stiff competition for Wilder and Tyson would probably have knocked him out.

Wilder has no respect whatsoever.

He has fought hardly any quality opponents. These 2 proved their worth up against the best.

He is an idiot.

I hope Stiverne knocks him out.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Toney would have been stiff competition for Wilder and Tyson would probably have knocked him out.

He has fought hardly any quality opponents. These 2 proved their worth up against the best.

He is an idiot.

This fight will be won on whether or not Stiverne responds well when and if Wilder clips him... he can win a decision, he may be able to stop Wilder. But the big issue is how will Stiverne react when and if Wilder clips him with a good shot.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

He is an idiot.

This fight will be won on whether or not Stiverne responds well when and if Wilder clips him... he can win a decision, he may be able to stop Wilder. But the big issue is how will Stiverne react when and if Wilder clips him with a good shot.
    Yep, I agree with you here.

Wilder has excellent chances here.

Except Stiverne only has to hit Wilder once and there is NO chance Wilder can survive that!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is an idiot.

Tyson and Toney had their time in the spot lite, they should leave the new guys alone.
    As far as I'm concerned neither one of them are prime examples for any up and coming fighter to listen to.
    Go get 'em Tyson, alienate as many people as possible, that'll help your company grow. Bonehead!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

He is an idiot.

Tyson and Toney had their time in the spot lite, they should leave the new guys alone.
    As far as I'm concerned neither one of them are prime examples for any up and coming fighter to listen to.
    Go get 'em Tyson, alienate as many people as possible, that'll help your company grow. Bonehead!
    I think Tyson shares many similarities with Wilder except when he was knocking out bums he was keeping his mouth shut and letting his fists do the talking. In fact even when he started knocking out the champions he was not extremely bashful.

Currently I think Tyson has matured much since boxing and is nowhere near the controversial character he was in the 90's/00's. He now has respect and makes reasonably intelligent calls with regards to boxing. He is even legitimately funny.

I say go Tyson! Rip into him!

I think Wilder should listen to these guys as he might learn something. He was even giving Lennox heat when he was trying to teach him how to throw a jab properly!

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information