Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freddie roach never stops talking..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Freddie roach never stops talking..

Freddie roach seems to have so much to say..

Blabbing on about pac showing compassion against margarito and how the old manny is back, slating off virgil hunter, etc (i know its more hype for the fight but he is always blabbing)

You always feel you cant be too harsh on freddie because of his condition but it seems as though he knows this and feels as though he can say anything he wants..

You would think that after all these years freddie would have worked on mannys weaknesses rather than showing off on the mitts and body suit all the time.

Mannys always been fast and powerful so thats nothing new.

I wonder whether manny would have been any better under a different trainer?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Freddie roach never stops talking..

Roach built manny.. manny wouldnt have been who he is without him..

I laughed when I read this article though.. roach says that he heard pac talking to margarito during the fight, asking him if he's ok.. lol " are you ok " ? Pac asked and margo replied, " yes " .

Lol sounds a bit far fetched..

Roach First Noticed Manny's Compassion With Margarito - Boxing News

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fellas, when he takes his boy companion to the salon he has to be catty with the girls. When in Rome...

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

I laughed when I read this article though.. roach says that he heard pac talking to margarito during the fight, asking him if he's ok.. lol " are you ok " ? Pac asked and margo replied, " yes " .

It isn't, really. Fighters talk a lot while fighting, and they look out for one another. A famous example is the Ross vs Armstrong fight, or so it is said. And Archie Moore knocking out Morrow. (I forget his first name.)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

It isn't, really. Fighters talk a lot while fighting, and they look out for one another. A famous example is the Ross vs Armstrong fight, or so it is said. And Archie Moore knocking out Morrow. (I forget his first name.)
    Fighters talking in the ring is one thing but in this case we have a guy who doesn't speak english well talking in english with a mouthpiece in to someone who barely knows a lick of english and the latter supposedly understood and responded in english. One facet of the story isn't outlandish, although you'd think one of us would have noticed this exchange given our countless viewings, but the entire picture is highly unlikely. I can say with near certainty this is BS.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Freddie roach seems to have so much to say..

Blabbing on about pac showing compassion against margarito and how the old manny is back, slating off virgil hunter, etc (i know its more hype for the fight but he is always blabbing)

You always feel you cant be too harsh on freddie because of his condition but it seems as though he knows this and feels as though he can say anything he wants..

You would think that after all these years freddie would have worked on mannys weaknesses rather than showing off on the mitts and body suit all the time.

Mannys always been fast and powerful so thats nothing new.

I wonder whether manny would have been any better under a different trainer?
    Roach is Pacquiao's coach. It's his job to have stuff to say, he is hardly blabbering on. You seem to be confusing your own dislike of anyone who isn't Floyd Freddy with the idea that he has said something were he not to have Parkinsons disease he should apologise for. That is what statements like

"You always feel you cant be too harsh on freddie because of his condition but it seems as though he knows this and feels as though he can say anything he wants.."

seem to infer. I know you are rational and can realise that Roach has made Manny into the fighter that he is but you are coming across as though Roach has nothing to do with Pacquiao's achievments as a fighter at all. If you want to hear real smack talking, blabbering and retarded jibberish you need only listen to Floyd, his old man and his Uncle next time they talk. They don't even have much to say. They have too much to say, which is what it sounds like you mean about Freddie.

It's OK to dislike Freddie doesn't mean you don't have compassion for his condition. He can come across as a bit biased at times but that's his job to protect his fighter, his gym and his own reputation.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao doesn't engage in trash-talk, so his coach picks up the slack there, makes for some added drama, good tv, promoting the fight, building the gate. You can tell pretty easy when Roach is being serious, and when he's selling a fight. Plus Roach likes trash-talking...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GImp you're always talking. Always putting shit on Manny and his camp. Go neck yourself buddy

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Pacquiao doesn't engage in trash-talk, so his coach picks up the slack there, makes for some added drama, good tv, promoting the fight, building the gate. You can tell pretty easy when Roach is being serious, and when he's selling a fight. Plus Roach likes trash-talking...
    Roach does like trash talking and so do many others but after the attack on virgil hunter it was classy for virgil not to attack back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jahmez View Post
    GImp you're always talking. Always putting shit on Manny and his camp. Go neck yourself buddy
    I will give you a response when your alittle older flower.

Theres alot more hate towards floyd in the world than manny and his camp, fella.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh that's Roach's job, to pump up his fighter.

Personally, I think that's all it is - a pump up. Shit talking. I think the old Manny is dead and gone, and I say Bradley is going to beat his ass and put him into retirement.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Meh that's Roach's job, to pump up his fighter.

Personally, I think that's all it is - a pump up. Shit talking. I think the old Manny is dead and gone, and I say Bradley is going to beat his ass and put him into retirement.
    Your in the minority.

As much as I would like bradley to win im not too confident about it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Roach does like trash talking and so do many others but after the attack on virgil hunter it was classy for virgil not to attack back.
    Overrated hunter did attack back.. it's just a little shit talk bruh, dont get scared..

It's boxing, not ping pong..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jahmez View Post
    I will give you a response when your alittle older flower.

Theres alot more hate towards floyd in the world than manny and his camp, fella.
    I disagree. There's a lot of hate on both guys. Floyd dominates the boxing world right now like no one else. If anyone has more hate, it's Manny.

But to the point of the post, Trainers have been pumping up a fight and talking crap about other trainers since Ray Arcel and Whitey Bimstein in the thirties, and even before that. I wouldn't take much from it.

Floyd Maywather Sr. talks a ton of crap about Adrian Broner's trainers and they never said anything about him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But does freddie really know what hes saying rantcatrat?

I mean come on, freddie openly said he didnt know what ariza was putting in pacs drinks?!!

I didnt say it..freddie did!

Thread Information