Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Korea In a state of emergency after ship sinks.. hundreds of kids dead and MIA

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default South Korea In a state of emergency after ship sinks.. hundreds of kids dead and MIA

BBC News - South Korea ferry: Hundreds missing as ship sinks

Any of you know about this? Im shocked..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: South Korea In a state of emergency after ship sinks.. hundreds of kids dead and

It's big news here and seemingly a case of how GPS is turning people into unthinking automatrons. It's a tragedy, but where there is life there is tragedy. All you can do is punish the guilty and regulate more effectively.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Such a shame..especially when kids are involved.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: South Korea In a state of emergency after ship sinks.. hundreds of kids dead and

I see the Captain is going to be charged. Terrible decision telling kids to stay in their rooms, when jackets should have been on pronto so they could just off. They are going to lay it onto him.

I was hoping to go to Japan by ship in a couple of weeks and I am very excited about it. The wife is scared, but I am secretly hoping something will go terribly wrong as I find it all rather exciting. What if there will be an earthquake asks she? Bring it on! What if Mount Fuji erupts? It hasn't erupted since 1707. What if there is a tsunami? We will be on top of the mountain, quit whinging. It's great, enjoy a civilised culture at last. I want adventure.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I see the Captain is going to be charged. Terrible decision telling kids to stay in their rooms, when jackets should have been on pronto so they could just off. They are going to lay it onto him.

I was hoping to go to Japan by ship in a couple of weeks and I am very excited about it. The wife is scared, but I am secretly hoping something will go terribly wrong as I find it all rather exciting. What if there will be an earthquake asks she? Bring it on! What if Mount Fuji erupts? It hasn't erupted since 1707. What if there is a tsunami? We will be on top of the mountain, quit whinging. It's great, enjoy a civilised culture at last. I want adventure.
    I skydive on occasion for excitement. I think you may want to try that rather than wish for events that may harm others so you can get a thrill. I usually jump from 16,000 feet. No bigger thrill.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very sad, they showed a few text messages some of the kids sent to their friends and family as the boat was sinking, final goodbyes. Very sad stuff.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

I skydive on occasion for excitement. I think you may want to try that rather than wish for events that may harm others so you can get a thrill. I usually jump from 16,000 feet. No bigger thrill.
    Sounds great. Where do I find out about that? Never done it before, but if it isn't too expensive I would try. Wife permitting of course.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrible really, for it to have been almost all children especially. Admit I've only read a couple of articles about it, but I haven't seen any mention of what actually went wrong, do they know? Given the recent track record of sinking ships, I feel like if I was ever on one my first thought would be to run up to the bridge and flatten the captain just in case

How about this little gem......

"South Korean officials had earlier said that 368 people had been plucked to safety, but later said there had been a counting error.
    They have now revised down the number rescued to 174."

Yes, considering the ship was only carrying about 400 people, that wouldn't have been a roller coaster for anyone with loved ones unaccounted for or anything How the fuck do you miscount the survivors by 200, is that a joke?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, bad shit going down and heads will roll for this. Terrible and needless accident, poor advice for passengers and all kinds of fabrications.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heartbreaking news. Hard to watch.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If people did survive it is a terrible death they are facing. Stuck in an air pocket, cold and dark, starving and dehydrating damn, what a terrible thought.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hasn’t the captain killed himself?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Such a shame..especially when miles is not involved.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hasn’t the captain killed himself?
    No. But he's being tried right now, facing thousand years in jail and scumbag is making all kinds of excuses.. He feels no guilt whatsoever..

One of the teachers commited suicide though.. She hung herself on a tree out of guilt.

Tragedies like this one makes me realize that Korea has long ways to go despite their surging economy.. The way they handled the situation is fuckin laughable.. Like amatuers..

Places like US and Britain would have handled it in a whole different way..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Such a shame..especially when miles is not involved.
    Agreed

This is getting creepy now. Maybe it is humour and maybe not, but I don't wish death on you. Please stop it. You have come back with a sole agenda to wish death upon me, which is rather sinister considering that your condition of leaving was for me to ban myself and have all my posts deleted. You are weird.

As far as the ferry situation, it is really terrible but I don't think it reflects so terribly on Korea. Bad things happen. It is a country that does a lot of things very well. In comparison to my own country, I really like how things are and hope it ignores the West as far as national progression goes.

Thread Information