Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shawn Porter is a bad man

This man is dangerous, he has great "black man" athleticism where he is super explosive and quick, and he won't stop throwing and landing bombs no matter how close the action is and how bad guys try to tie him up. I love guys like him who throw those clubbing, concussive shots from every angle and in the clinch. Some of those digs to the body looked like 70's George Foreman.

Porter rules. This is the kind of guy I wanna see in there vs Mayweather: a fast, athletic bomber who is strong in the clinch and will dig away to the body and the head and make it ugly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shawn Porter is a bad man

I know Paulie isn't exactly in the running for greatest WW of all time, but he's a crafty mofo who can take punishment and knows how to move and survive, and he absolutely got his ass stomped. I've never seen anyone do that to Paulie, not even prime Cotto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I know Paulie isn't exactly in the running for greatest WW of all time, but he's a crafty mofo who can take punishment and knows how to move and survive, and he absolutely got his ass stomped. I've never seen anyone do that to Paulie, not even prime Cotto.
    You're right about porter being explosive. I don't like the way he was lunging in and I mean he was leaving the ground. Maybe he just knew he had Paulie in real trouble. I like his approach too although I don't like his pops. I don't like any father/trainer that tries to steal some thunder from their guy. Porter has a bright future though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the leaping left hook. I'd say he was a lot more gung ho and carefree given that Paulie can't bust a grape with a punch. I'd hope he wouldn't be so brazen vs a guy like Keith Thurman. Now there's a fight I'd love to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the leaping left hook. I'd say he was a lot more gung ho and carefree given that Paulie can't bust a grape with a punch. I'd hope he wouldn't be so brazen vs a guy like Keith Thurman. Now there's a fight I'd love to see.
    Any thoughts on his clown ass pops?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me, the thing about last night's win was that I can't even contribute some of it to Paulie's age or ring wear. I have a feeling that this would have been the outcome if they have faced each other at any time during malignaggi's career. Based on style and paulies lack of pop to keep Porter honest. That wasn't a fight, it was a mugging. Credit to malignaggi for trying to stand in there, then going out on his shield.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with both of you but Id also like to say this.. I get mixed feelings whenever a young, energetic fighter beats Paulie..

When you are up against feather fisted fighters like Paulie and Cory Spinks, you are able to fight with a big burden off your back.. Just by knowing that you have no incoming punches to worry about, you are able to put total focus on your offense while neglecting defense..

Paulie is one of those unfortunate fighters.. When your hands are super fragile and have literally zero power, you have to box perfectly in every single bout and that's just impossible. Young fighters, infact any fighter with high workrate and power will beat him on any given night if he slips up even a little.

Porter was extra aggressive last night because he clearly knew that Paulie couldnt hurt him. He was downright wreckless at times.. If he fought that way against other guys, ohhhhh man.. But i know he would take a different approach..

SO while I do give Porter some credit for the victory, Im still not totally sold..

Paulie isn't that old in age but dude has taking alot of punches in his career and his style was tailor made for the young fighter..

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Porter is going to be what Broner wants to be. I would love to see him rip Broner apart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This man is dangerous, he has great "black man" athleticism where he is super explosive and quick, and he won't stop throwing and landing bombs no matter how close the action is and how bad guys try to tie him up. I love guys like him who throw those clubbing, concussive shots from every angle and in the clinch. Some of those digs to the body looked like 70's George Foreman.

Porter rules. This is the kind of guy I wanna see in there vs Mayweather: a fast, athletic bomber who is strong in the clinch and will dig away to the body and the head and make it ugly.
    wtf? why are all of these snide, back handed racist comments sneaking into the conversations?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

wtf? why are all of these snide, back handed racist comments sneaking into the conversations?
    Don't you know that it only works one way? You can say whatever you want and make any generalization that you want in "some" cases. Heaven help you if you do that in "other" cases however. It's just the way it is. Just accept it. I find it amusing

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post

Don't you know that it only works one way? You can say whatever you want and make any generalization that you want in "some" cases. Heaven help you if you do that in "other" cases however. It's just the way it is. Just accept it. I find it amusing
    You mean with regard to White Hopes in the HW division and Mexican Pride in general? It's a little different, but not that dramatic....

And with Klit being so dominant nowadays, you can't really say there are White Hopes... I don't even know where that started?!?! White people started that, I guess. Especially after the era of Joe Louis when White HW champions were almost non existent.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YK, relax my man.. Bean was being truthful.

Black people have fast, twitch muscle fibers and that's a scientific fact..

And I already stated why the blacks have that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You mean with regard to White Hopes in the HW division and Mexican Pride in general? It's a little different, but not that dramatic....

And with Klit being so dominant nowadays, you can't really say there are White Hopes... I don't even know where that started?!?! White people started that, I guess. Especially after the era of Joe Louis when White HW champions were almost non existent.
    I have no idea where the HW comparison comes in here but you're probably right about the "hype" being started in that time period. I just like the "athleticism" label being out forth here. You have to remember that pride does not and can never mix with hatred. When that happens, it becomes anxious stupidity. Case in point.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People who aren't black don't know how it's like...

It's like making snide remarks about the ability to have kids in front of a barren woman... or a sterile man... it just ain't something to bring up... ya know??

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The great white hope came from the era when Jack Johnson was heavyweight champion and was smashing them one after the other.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information