Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hypothetical Matchup: Vitali Klitschko vs Wladimir Klitschko

Who has the better traits as a fighter and who would win at their best?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hypothetical Matchup: Vitali Klitschko vs Wladimir Klitschko

Vitali would win. He is tougher and would take it to Wlad who is more fluid and a better boxer but weak and will fall a part with the first sign of a concerted attack.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Vitali would win. He is tougher and would take it to Wlad who is more fluid and a better boxer but weak and will fall a part with the first sign of a concerted attack.
    I agree.. One of the many things that I learned about brotherhood is that the big brother always has the psychological advantage because he's used to kicking the younger one's ass while growing up.

With both of them being elite fighters, Vitali will always kick wlad's ass..

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I agree.. One of the many things that I learned about brotherhood is that the big brother always has the psychological advantage because he's used to kicking the younger one's ass while growing up.

With both of them being elite fighters, Vitali will always kick wlad's ass..
    Yes big brother syndrome would ensure a victory but even if they were not brothers he would still win. There is no way Wlad could take the beating Lennox put on Vitali.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a pretty even affair. Wlad is technically better but as said already the elder brother had better fighting heart and was definitely more durable, he could rough it up when he needed too.

In Vitali's second innings though I think Wlad could have beaten him, Wlad seemed unbeatable since then and Vitali noticably not quite as good as he was.

But best vs best I would have to tip Vitali. Wlad's holding and defensive jab routines would not work against him and he'd definitely be getting belted lots from another very big man who can take his punch also.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, Wlad is a much better boxer, a better technician with a superb jab. However, Vitali was a fighter to the bottom of his soul, teak tough with a granite chin and very strong and durable.

The big question "what would happen if Wlad fought someone as big as he is, who would not be intimidated and who would be strong enough to rough him up and not allow himself to be held and leaned on?" proudly be answered.

Vitali would bully him and Wlad would panic up close. The jabs and big right would just bounce off Vitali and I see a mid rounds stoppage as soon a Vitali can close the distance and start busting Wlad up
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Who has the better traits as a fighter and who would win at their best?
    Possibility of being the worst fight ever. These two love, respect, and only want the best for each other. They'd probably be doing as little as possible in an effort to let their brother win. Possibly a first round KO with a phantom punch.
    The fight you want to see would never have happened, not in public anyway.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hypothetical fights? Your favorite fighters always win and the fighter you dislike always loses. That's how it has been and that's how it will always be. They should be in your Amazon.com account wish list instead.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno, I'm a big Muhammad Ali fan, but I think he would have lost a hypothetical rematch against George Foreman.

I love Rocky Marciano, but don't think he would have got to 49-0 if he had fought the young Sonny Liston?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I dunno, I'm a big Muhammad Ali fan, but I think he would have lost a hypothetical rematch against George Foreman.

I love Rocky Marciano, but don't think he would have got to 49-0 if he had fought the young Sonny Liston?
    I think Ali beats Foreman in the rematch too it was not as if he was losing the original fight in Zaire.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see you back, Finito.

Are we talking about them as brothers facing each other? Or, if they weren't related, and with the same traits?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's great to be Vitali and be propped up by Wlads accomplishments.

Wlad had the better kickboxing career but "Vitali was better"

Wlad had the far more successful amateur boxing career but "Vitali was better"

Wlad had an even greater gulf between his pro career and Vitali but "Vitali was better"

The guy that routinely far exceeded the other is always lesser because this guy thinks and that guy thinks. Shows you that what you actually do is completely fucking irrelevant. You want to know why fighters look for paydays rather than actual glory take a good long look in the mirror because you have made genuine accomplishment irrelevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's great to be Vitali and be propped up by Wlads accomplishments.

Wlad had the better kickboxing career but "Vitali was better"

Wlad had the far more successful amateur boxing career but "Vitali was better"

Wlad had an even greater gulf between his pro career and Vitali but "Vitali was better"

The guy that routinely far exceeded the other is always lesser because this guy thinks and that guy thinks. Shows you that what you actually do is completely fucking irrelevant. You want to know why fighters look for paydays rather than actual glory take a good long look in the mirror because you have made genuine accomplishment irrelevant.

Nah. Although you are correct in that Wlad has the better all around performance, in a hypothetical battle against Vitali, we need to compare the positive and negative traits of each man. It just so happens that Vitali has the right positive traits to be a nightmare for Wladimir. Slightly bigger, solid chin, awkward, and with a decent punch. I just can't see Wladimir being victorious.

Obviously this is considering if they were to fight each other as if they were not actually brothers. I'm just looking at the traits.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Good to see you back, Finito.

Are we talking about them as brothers facing each other? Or, if they weren't related, and with the same traits?

It's a bumped up thread.

Finito is kaput, terminated, acabado, gone, yesterday's news... well..... finito.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I agree, Wlad is a much better boxer, a better technician with a superb jab. However, Vitali was a fighter to the bottom of his soul, teak tough with a granite chin and very strong and durable.

The big question "what would happen if Wlad fought someone as big as he is, who would not be intimidated and who would be strong enough to rough him up and not allow himself to be held and leaned on?" proudly be answered.

Vitali would bully him and Wlad would panic up close. The jabs and big right would just bounce off Vitali and I see a mid rounds stoppage as soon a Vitali can close the distance and start busting Wlad up
    Yes, Wlad has a great jab. I always thought he and Floyd throw the best jabs in boxing. I was surprised how poorly he used it in this last fight.Kind of stuck it out there leaving it. Strange for someone with such a great jab. I think betwixt he and Vitali it would be a family hug fest, probably worse than the povodkin fight.

Thread Information