Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd is jealous of Manny...

It just dawned on me: Floyd is a little jealous of Manny. Jealous because even in Manny's losses, Manny still commands more attention from the media, world wide, and even on equal footing with casual fans in America, more than Floyd is.

Floyd feels as if he's the champion, he's the man, he's the one that is unbeaten and has proven himself time and time again- but, yet, we still want to talk about some Fillipino, who has been knocked out by a guy he beat to a crisp, and who also has no real ties to boxing in the way the great Mayweather dynasty has ties.

Floyd is jealous.... jealous because he feels, and arguably so, that he is far more superior than Manny. But, yet, we still talk about Manny as a great fighter in Manny's own right. lolololol.....

SMH- even in all of Floyd's accomplishments, he still just can't accept that he is a great fighter and talking about other great fighters doesn't diminish him, but it strengthens him.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd is jealous of Manny...

I'm sorry my friend but I disagree. In the p4v numbers it's not even close. Floyd is the biggest name in boxing. Plus Manny has a slave contract with Arum. Floyd is free to do what he wants. If anyone is jealous it's Manny.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd is jealous in some respects, but he also dislikes him first and foremost. Floyd's rivalry with Manny probably acts as a great motivator for him though.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    I'm sorry my friend but I disagree. In the p4v numbers it's not even close. Floyd is the biggest name in boxing. Plus Manny has a slave contract with Arum. Floyd is free to do what he wants. If anyone is jealous it's Manny.
    We're not talking about PPV numbers, we're talking about global appeal and likability. Which makes it even worse for Floyd- he sells ppv's, which is all that matters to him. But we still talk about Manny.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    It just dawned on me: Floyd is a little jealous of Manny. Jealous because even in Manny's losses, Manny still commands more attention from the media, world wide, and even on equal footing with casual fans in America, more than Floyd is.

Floyd feels as if he's the champion, he's the man, he's the one that is unbeaten and has proven himself time and time again- but, yet, we still want to talk about some Fillipino, who has been knocked out by a guy he beat to a crisp, and who also has no real ties to boxing in the way the great Mayweather dynasty has ties.

Floyd is jealous.... jealous because he feels, and arguably so, that he is far more superior than Manny. But, yet, we still talk about Manny as a great fighter in Manny's own right. lolololol.....

SMH- even in all of Floyd's accomplishments, he still just can't accept that he is a great fighter and talking about other great fighters doesn't diminish him, but it strengthens him.
    Yeah very jealous, that must be it...

Jealous that he's filthy rich, and Manny owes millions in back taxes...

Jealous that he's undefeated and Manny's been put to sleep 2 or 3 times...

Jealous that his PPV's have CONSISTENTLY and thoroughly outdrawn Manny's PPV's...

Jealous that he's his own boss and commands the lion's share of all his purses, while Manny has to hand over a ridiculous % to Bob Arum...

Jealous that, when history looks back on this era in boxing history, he will be viewed as the vastly superior fighter...

Yeah, I'm sure that jealousy is eating Floyd alive.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We're not talking about PPV numbers, we're talking about global appeal and likability.
    If you think Mayweather is jealous of Manny's likability, you have been suckered and outsmarted by Floyd himself.

Floyd has created his empire by perpetuating the "Money Mayweather" bad guy character (not saying he really isn't a piece of shit, but he has done nothing but purposely perpetuate and strengthen that stigma). That's what sells tickets. He knew he wasn't going to be Sugar Ray Leonard, so he went the other way and became the villain. If Mayweather and Pacquiao had fought, he would have played up his villain character and played off of Pac's likability. He doesn't give two shits who people like more.

Look at the credits of these All Access 24/7 pieces he has done. You'll see that Floyd is listed as an Executive or Associate Producer. Floyd had complete creative control over them. He could have made them 60 minutes of him passing out turkeys to the poor and kissing babies if he wanted to. Instead, you see him acting like a spoiled prima donna, a rich asshole who can buy whatever he wants, who gets in fights with his dad, ect. That's calculated shit.

Even if you think Floyd is dumb as rocks, he has an army of brilliant businessmen and advisers behind him. He's playing everyone and that's how he's made his millions.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanflicker is a Floyd friend, or family member... I see it now.

As said: even with all of Floyd's accomplishments, and Manny's flaws, Manny is still exalted- and in some respects, more exalted than Floyd in in some areas- to a point where he is just as known, just as respected and just as much of a crowd pleasing fighter than Floyd is.

In fact, Manny is a more crowd pleasing fight, pre-fight and during the fight, than Floyd is now.

People watch Floyd because it is the Mayweather machine... sorta like everyone watches the Heat of today, or the Bull's of the 90's or the Lakers/Celtics of the 80's. You watch because they are the teams to watch... even if you are not a fan of theirs, you respect greatness.

But, with all that being said, Manny still is as much of a respected fighter and household name than Mayweather is. Mayweather must hate that...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take it like this, Beanflicker:

We "watch" Money Mayweather.... but.....

We "LOVE" Manny Pacqioua.

I enjoy the Mayweather showcase... and respect it a great deal.... but I LOVE WATCHING A MANNY PACQIUOA FIGHT!!!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not like Floyd and I do not like watching him box because he is negative and runs. The only reason I watch his fights is the hope that one day someone will land and knock his stupid smile of his silly face.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I do not like Floyd and I do not like watching him box because he is negative and runs. The only reason I watch his fights is the hope that one day someone will land and knock his stupid smile of his silly face.
    Thats exactly what Floyd wants people to do. Even if you hate him you gotta tune in and watch
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Thats exactly what Floyd wants people to do. Even if you hate him you gotta tune in and watch
    Eubanks had the same effect and probably Ali, Floyd is not unique. I would not watch him against Maidana, Guerrero, Ortiz. I had hope with Canelo and stayed up for that fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd is jealous of Manny...surely not?????

We're not talking about PPV numbers, we're talking about global appeal and likability. Which makes it even worse for Floyd- he sells ppv's, which is all that matters to him. But we still talk about Manny.
    Well I'm English and living in England, I appreciate and respect both fighters, but imo Mayweather is awesome, and on another level to Pac . . I really like Mayweather and what he stands for too . . he turns other fighters into very rich people.

Maybe I'm being a little naive in thinking that win lose or draw, surely any boxer in their right mind would wanna fight and earn the kinda money a bout with Mayweather would bring in? . . and if anything I believe Mayweather to be a victim of his own success re who, what, when, and where to fight.

I cant see how or why Mayweather would be jealous of Manny (as good as Manny is or has been), I would have thought Mayweather would be far more focused on the serious issues other than to have time for, or to allow jealousy to creep under his skin, I'm thinking he'd be far too professional to either allow or to be bothered about that kinda thing, tho again that's just my humble opinion.

However, I do feel the debate is stronger and stands up better the other way around . . I could see an argument for Manny being a little jealous of Floyd re his achievements and undefeated status alone. that would make more sense to me.....
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Real talk by YK.. I will put it like this.. I like the style of floyd more as a boxer but I like pac's mentality and character..

Yea floyd is probably a bit jealous deep down inside because he got passed over with the ' Fighter of the decade ' award which is a pretty big deal...

Remember his racist rant about pac cooking dogs ? Typical nigga style who has never been taught any better at home..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take it like this, Beanflicker:

We "watch" Money Mayweather.... but.....

We "LOVE" Manny Pacqioua.

I enjoy the Mayweather showcase... and respect it a great deal.... but I LOVE WATCHING A MANNY PACQIUOA FIGHT!!!
    Bob Arum and the IRS really love Pacquiao

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd is jealous of Manny...surely not?????

Quote Originally Posted by bambamdaddio View Post
    Well I'm English and living in England, I appreciate and respect both fighters, but imo Mayweather is awesome, and on another level to Pac . . I really like Mayweather and what he stands for too . . he turns other fighters into very rich people.

Maybe I'm being a little naive in thinking that win lose or draw, surely any boxer in their right mind would wanna fight and earn the kinda money a bout with Mayweather would bring in? . . and if anything I believe Mayweather to be a victim of his own success re who, what, when, and where to fight.

I cant see how or why Mayweather would be jealous of Manny (as good as Manny is or has been), I would have thought Mayweather would be far more focused on the serious issues other than to have time for, or to allow jealousy to creep under his skin, I'm thinking he'd be far too professional to either allow or to be bothered about that kinda thing, tho again that's just my humble opinion.

However, I do feel the debate is stronger and stands up better the other way around . . I could see an argument for Manny being a little jealous of Floyd re his achievements and undefeated status alone. that would make more sense to me.....
    ^^^.... The only thing Manny talks about when Floyd Mayweather comes up is if whether or not Floyd wants to fight or not??

But everytime you bring up Manny's name to Floyd, a whole HEAP of blandishments, negative comments, backhanded insults and petty little tirades start to follow. Petty shit if you ask me.

Hidden Content

Thread Information