Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is David Haye planning another "sneak attack" at the title through the back door?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is David Haye planning another "sneak attack" at the title through the back door?

It's been alluded to.. The sleeping factor in the HW division who seems to only want to trouble himself for a fight when there's a strap or 4 on the line.

Terrible form from Haye but probably smart from a business point of view.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a challenge offered soon to the winner of Stiverne/Fury/Wilder to try snatch up the WBC before Wladimir can land it.

If so, given his reputation, do you think he would be accepted or refused??

Thoughts
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is David Haye planning another "sneak attack" at the title through the back door?

I have no idea, don't know what actually went on with the Fury fight to this day. Going on face value, nobody should want to sign for it after all that crap, they could be purely throwing a year away. Haye obviously has the drawing power that few HW's do mind you, I'm sure a Stiverne or Arreola would be willing to fight him if it's an official title defence in the UK. Is their rematch even for that belt though, or is it another "eliminator" It's so hard to be arsed following any of that.

Wilder-Haye would probably never happen, as they are kind of friendly having sparred together, at least one of them probably wouldn't be confident about it, and neither are risk takers to say the least. Fury-Haye would be a laughing stock if it were even mentioned again surely, and Tyson shouldn't really give him the time of day after being dicked around like that.

I will say that assuming the fights would actually happen(FAR from a given with this guy), then I have no problem with him challenging for the WBC belt or w/e, it has little merit to begin with at present. The HW division is a pile of dogshit after Klitschko and a few other hopefuls, who are probably only going to worry about the one trinket for the next while. I'd just like to see good fights. Haye-Arreola, Haye-Jennings, Haye- Wilder, those would be fun. Much better than any match ups I can think of not involving Wlad.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is David Haye planning another "sneak attack" at the title through the back door?

I dislike the guy but he's definitely one of the top 3 fighters of the division..

He should just fight somebody, anybody not named fury since he's so scared..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think David Haye's even ranked by any sanctioning bodies any more and who would want to fight him with his record of pulling out of fights? Having said that money talks and David Haye wants a pay day without putting in the work of taking on other contenders.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is a con man and a cunt. Wasted his great talent at heavyweight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no doubt Haye will try and come back. He did have a legitimate shoulder injury and could not fight. He is recovering and staying in shape in the hope he will be ok to try another onslaught for the title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    I don't think David Haye's even ranked by any sanctioning bodies any more and who would want to fight him with his record of pulling out of fights? Having said that money talks and David Haye wants a pay day without putting in the work of taking on other contenders.
    Haye has screwed himself. He wants a title shot and knows how boxing works, but he still wants to cut the queue at the very top.
    I hope they make him fight a couple of guys first, or tell him to go back to being retired. He's hard to figure out and I'm tired of trying. He acts like he just wants to see his name in print. I'm starting to think he is from the USA. Me, me, me, me, Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    Last edited by beenKOed; 05-01-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Haye has screwed himself. He wants a title shot and knows how boxing works, but he still wants to cut the queue at the very top.
    I hope they make him fight a couple of guys first, or tell him to go back to being retired. He's hard to figure out and I'm tired of trying. He acts like he just wants to see his name in print.
    I think even he knows he has let many people down and will have to earn his place back to a title shot. Even he is not that stupid, but I think if he can get a shot quickly by beating a weak overhypoed challenger then he will do it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Muthafukka sure is taking long cleaning out the division

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I hope they make him fight a couple of guys first, or tell him to go back to being retired. He's hard to figure out and I'm tired of trying. He acts like he just wants to see his name in print.
    I think even he knows he has let many people down and will have to earn his place back to a title shot. Even he is not that stupid, but I think if he can get a shot quickly by beating a weak overhypoed challenger then he will do it.
    Leapai? lol
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I hope you are right, he has the potential to make things interesting. He is right there at the top when he fights.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think haye has worked with don king in the past, I think it's how he got the valuev fight(cant remember though) and seeing as don king pretty much owns stiverne just now, if stiverne wins I would not be surprised to see haye right up there in line for stivernes next defence.. Wbc seems to be having eliminators for the mandatory but they can easily be bought out :S

If wilder wins the wbc belt before haye can get a shot though, I think wilder would avoid haye like the plague and haye would have to work his way to a mandatory shot, which he might do, if he can be bothered.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye now has to prove he is something other than all talk. He has screwed the fans to many times for most to even care.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is a really good athlete and a talented fighter, but he is just the wrong size.

Incidentally, I'm not surprised he isn't married, I always thought he was too deeply in love with himself for there to be room for anyone else in his life!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information