Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why No Excitement About Floyd-Marcos Fight? This Could Be a Real Good Fight! or a..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why No Excitement About Floyd-Marcos Fight? This Could Be a Real Good Fight! or

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    They're trying everything to make some excitement. As of last I'd heard the fight is OFF over gloves.

There's a video where Floyd tries on Maidanas glose and you can immediately see there is no padding over the knuckles. The commission did reject that pair but approved others of the same type. Floyd is saying F them put him in the same gloves I'm wearing.

Almost certainly this is nothing in the long run but it's fun
    Wow, didn't hear that. They goosed the gloves When your only shot is to land a bomb Floyds just attacking at his foundation. Winning on the jab before the bell even rings I think Maidana is the kinda guy who could care less
    The video is on fighthype if you want to watch it. It's perfectly visible there's no padding over the knuckles. He pushes on the knuckle and it stays indented haha. I'd give you a link but I'm out so I'm on my crap phone as usual. I'm quite certain it will get sorted out but...
    Found it man, that is interesting. Little gamesmanship and spectacle, both Everlast gloves though? The unwrapped greys could have come from anywhere

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is we fans like to think about gamesmanship, and maybe Floyd thinks more of Maidana than we do, but I can't help but think it's not gamesmanship because he could save that play for a better opponent. They have pics of the gloves up too and they are clearly worn in. The leather is covered with wrinkles. If there's gamesmanship I think it's by team Maidana because those gloves weren't close to fight worthy. Maybe they're thinking bring gloves we know won't pass to get Floyd thinking we're going to try and pull a fast one.

Or maybe it was just a bad pair and everybody is making a fuss cuz they're prima donnas.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why No Excitement About Floyd-Marcos Fight? This Could Be a Real Good Fight! or

Its a just a bit predictable maybe. No doubt Maidana will swing for the fences but who doesn't with Floyd at least for a few rounds before they are leashed up and paraded around like a show pony. Besides...putting Broner on the undercard in a less than ESPN type match..on PPV...is pretty sad. They just need to keep that kid in his car seat for the night and hand him a juice box.

Collazo vs Khan might just steal this show easily. Think it'll be heated and can see both coming off the deck before its over. Thinking Collazo by tko
    They're trying everything to make some excitement. As of last I'd heard the fight is OFF over gloves.

There's a video where Floyd tries on Maidanas glose and you can immediately see there is no padding over the knuckles. The commission did reject that pair but approved others of the same type. Floyd is saying F them put him in the same gloves I'm wearing.

Wow, didn't hear that. They goosed the gloves When your only shot is to land a bomb Floyds just attacking at his foundation. Winning on the jab before the bell even rings I think Maidana is the kinda guy who could care less
    Do they really have to resort to this kind of publicity stuffs now just to sell the fight?
    I just kinda felt a bit sad when I came here yesterday for the fight, no usual fireworks before Floyd fight. I remember in the 'old' days, Mayweather fights were the D-Days and things were all abuzz here at this site and there were lots of violence and bloods too. New folks will come in, throw some bombs and gets banned the same day. I'm sure spico remember some of those. And now what? just a day as usual? I thought this fight had a potential for being one of the great fights. The fight probably needs a KO this time, imo.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    I'm as serious as a heart-attack.

He ain't gonna knock him out though because Floyd's going to concede on his stool between rds rather than go out on his shield...
    You'll be calling Maidana a cherry pick when Floyd beats him..

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No excitement? We have been talking about it for a couple of months.
    I have bad knees, I can't jump up and down night and day.
    You don't work for Mayweather Promotions do you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is a cherry-picker, he's been doing it since 2002 when Castillo whupped him and got robbed on the cards? Were you born yesterday, son?

Y'know, previous to that fight, Floyd was an outstanding Jr-Lightweight Champ culminating in the Corrales fight in 2001. The next year, Floyd became risk-averse after Castillo whipped him in 2002. Before the Castillo fight, Floyd didn't duck people and used to fight with balls, keyword, used to. Changed his whole approach.

Gotta him some credit though, he's been fighting some top young fighters lately.
    Quite amazing that he's maintained that level of conditioning for so long.
    He's past his prime and lost some speed and his reflexes have slowed, but technically he's one of the best, and it'll allow him to continue to compete against younger, stronger fighters because many of them are not well-schooled nowadays. Protected too much on the way up so they don't develop as much as they should.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    No excitement? We have been talking about it for a couple of months.
    I have bad knees, I can't jump up and down night and day.
    You don't work for Mayweather Promotions do you?
    Obviously you haven't been here that long. It wasn't nothing like this few years back. Day before the fight, this board was loaded with Floyd threads and almost everyone was talking nothing but Floyd just before the fight. When I came here this morning, I just saw couple Floydy threads and even up to now, just several hours before the fight, I still don't see the main 'sticky' thread for the fight...

Am I working the Mayweather Homo, I mean Promo? heck no but if you give me a referal, I'll be glad to apply...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My last post before the fight. Alright fellas, brace yourselves, I'm looking for a KO on this fight and never mind if you think I'm looking at the moons and the stars...

Well anywho, enjoy the fight...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    Its a just a bit predictable maybe. No doubt Maidana will swing for the fences but who doesn't with Floyd at least for a few rounds before they are leashed up and paraded around like a show pony. Besides...putting Broner on the undercard in a less than ESPN type match..on PPV...is pretty sad. They just need to keep that kid in his car seat for the night and hand him a juice box.

Collazo vs Khan might just steal this show easily. Think it'll be heated and can see both coming off the deck before its over. Thinking Collazo by tko

Do they really have to resort to this kind of publicity stuffs now just to sell the fight?
    I just kinda felt a bit sad when I came here yesterday for the fight, no usual fireworks before Floyd fight. I remember in the 'old' days, Mayweather fights were the D-Days and things were all abuzz here at this site and there were lots of violence and bloods too. New folks will come in, throw some bombs and gets banned the same day. I'm sure spico remember some of those. And now what? just a day as usual? I thought this fight had a potential for being one of the great fights. The fight probably needs a KO this time, imo.
    I get exactly where you're coming from ol friend. The bigger picture, the atmosphere...the "event" of it. I remember them well and the comradery of a huge fight night was-is THE reason I love it. Ya get tired of talking to people during a live fight and %80 of them are yelling "JUST HIT HIT, WHY DON'T HE HIT HIM...then they turn to you and ask you if you think Mike Tyson can still come back It happens.

People come, people go but the quality and depth of this place remains in stone. Many of the old school probally still float and always contribute. Life goes on and solid new members are always jumping into the mix. Hey bud lets be careful what we ask for, remember the Mayweather- Hatton crash You want drug withdrawal...try a Sunday with no Saddo after a huge event . Good to see you dude.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post

I get exactly where you're coming from ol friend. The bigger picture, the atmosphere...the "event" of it. I remember them well and the comradery of a huge fight night was-is THE reason I love it. Ya get tired of talking to people during a live fight and %80 of them are yelling "JUST HIT HIT, WHY DON'T HE HIT HIM...then they turn to you and ask you if you think Mike Tyson can still come back It happens.

People come, people go but the quality and depth of this place remains in stone. Many of the old school probally still float and always contribute. Life goes on and solid new members are always jumping into the mix. Hey bud lets be careful what we ask for, remember the Mayweather- Hatton crash You want drug withdrawal...try a Sunday with no Saddo after a huge event . Good to see you dude.
    Yup the D-Days are gone but on the plus side, the place doesn't seem to crash anymore - ya I remember that was a headache, the multiple posts and all. Well I'm glad the fight seems to have been exciting as I promised. That's all that matters I guess. Stick around, ol' bud.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess you folks missed out on something, right? Just don't listen too much to those so-called experts, mostly of them the armchair kind and some who don't even know how to score right. Most of them missed out the fact the Maidana, with his limited skill, still has a style to capitalize on Floyd's weakness. I've got Mayweather all figured out. And I know why he has - to put it very politely so as not to ruffle some sensitive feelings - politely declined to fight Pac. Before you accuse me of being a -tard let me tell you just before the Marquez IV fight, I said I had a feeling Pac will lose that fight and even said if he gets careless, he can get knocked (down or out)...

Okay where are all the fans. Why do they all become meek and silent just before fights. Some weeks ago, when I said somethig negative about Floyd some of them eagerly jumped in to counter me. But now, even when I wrote on my main post here, 'BUT HIS (Maidana's) AGRESSIVENESS AND POWER CAN GIVE FLOYD A BIG PROBLEM.' none of them came in to defend their boy. I was expecting to here something like, 'are you kiddin' my boy will pick him all night!' But that's okay for me. This is one reason I like to come here just before the fight, there are lot less shatty talks around and I don't like to talk much shat either. And that goes for the peds stuff too. Believe me, if there was something like a fight night for it, they're all be gone too..
    Okay, you may now all come out of your closets...

Thread Information