Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with Buncies assessement, Floyd lacking a Frazer/Duran to be TBE?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you agree with Buncies assessement, Floyd lacking a Frazer/Duran to be TBE?

Hey guys, not posted in forever but after a great night of boxing thought i'd pop in.

Must say I agree with Buncies assessment regarding Floyds new phrase TBE (The best ever)

Whilst like most I think he is one of the best, but can't compete with some of the past greats simply because he hasn't had a arch rival. Well he did have one in Pac 4-5 years ago but it didn't materialise.

What do you guys think? what can he do from here to improve his legacy? Do you think because of failing to fight Pac it has hurt his legacy?
    Last edited by MIKAY; 05-04-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT NOT THE LIMIT IS THE SKY

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you agree with Buncies assessement, Floyd lacking a Frazer/Duran to be TBE?

Definitely not fighting Manny hurts his legacy. Floyd is a great fighter and beaten quality fighters. I still hate the prick.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you agree with Buncies assessement, Floyd lacking a Frazer/Duran to be TBE?

TBE is a rubbish phrase.. TBE my ass..

When we talk about ATG fighters such as Duran, Leonard, and Ali, we can't think of any superfights that they missed out on..especially when the timing was perfect, available and ready..

Floyd blatantly ducked two people in Margarito and Pacquiao. He can be forgiven for Margarito whatever but the fact that he refused to face the best fighter of his generation is a fuckin travesty.

Floyd is all business.. fuck his legacy

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

When we talk about ATG fighters such as Duran, Leonard, and Ali, we can't think of any superfights that they missed out on..especially when the timing was perfect, available and ready..

Floyd blatantly ducked two people in Margarito and Pacquiao. He can be forgiven for Margarito whatever but the fact that he refused to face the best fighter of his generation is a fuckin travesty.

I think he avoided Cotto at 140lb too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to him the Alvarez fight was a mega fight, and Alvarez was huge and talented.
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT NOT THE LIMIT IS THE SKY

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree with it, personally.

I think that logic has been used to discriminate against a few guys over the years (Roy Jones in particular) whose only crime was being too good and too untouchable; of achieving a level of excellence that was so "head and shoulders" above all their peers that they never had a true rival.

SRR has been considered TBE for many decades. Who was his rival? Jake Lamotta? What was so great about Jake Lamotta? Why was he any better than Canelo or Maidana?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

You know what bro, I got to disagree with that one.. Floyd called him out a couple times around 05-06 and Kneeguel and co declined claiming that they weren't ready..

Mikay, Floyd-Alvarez was not a " Mega fight ".. It was a big event based on the popularity of the fighters but in reality that was not some mega fight..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ducking is the word

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

You know what bro, I got to disagree with that one.. Floyd called him out a couple times around 05-06 and Kneeguel and co declined claiming that they weren't ready..

Mikay, Floyd-Alvarez was not a " Mega fight ".. It was a big event based on the popularity of the fighters but in reality that was not some mega fight..
    Did not realise that Cotto turned it down, thought Floyd went for the easier option of Getting than Cotto or Tszyu.

Floyd beating Canelo was quality.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope, because the top prime competition was there all along, and the dude just wouldn't fight them at their best.

There could've been many Great match-ups.

Damn straight, since 2002 through 2011 when Mayweather finally decided to start fighting some top young guys. In those 9 years, Ricky Hatton was the sole top prime guy that Mayweather fought.

Paul Spadafora
    Paul Williams
    Kostya Tszyu
    Antonio Margarito
    Manny Pacquiao
    Shane Mosely before he was a shot fighter.
    Miguel Cotto before he was on the slide.

Hell, when Floyd was at 130 lbs, 4 lbs less at 126 lbs was:
    Erik Morales
    Prince Naseem Hamed
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    Juan Manuel Marquez

It's good that Mayweather has recently been fighting top young prime fighters like Guerrerro, Saul Alvarez, Ortiz, Maidana... but outstanding competition was there all along for 9 years previous, and he wouldn't have any of them except for Hatton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Instead Mayweather spent all those years boxing:
    jesus chavez
    carlos hernandez
    sosa
    n’dou
    demarcus corley
    bruseles
    baldomir
    judah
    a washed-up Gatti
    a washed-up Mitchell

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is Frazer ? do you mean the guy from Dad's Army ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Floyd had taken more 50 / 50 fights he wouldn't of had a perfect record. He's beaten a lot of greats of his generation but never during their prime years. If he fought Manny now it would be a great name on his resume but it wouldn't be the achievement it could of been 5 years ago.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah this I sorta agree with to an extent.

Floyd has some terrific wins. De La Hoya, Marquez, Alvarez among many others too.

But the reluctance to face Pac destroys his legacy.

Leonard faced the best there was in his era and came out top overall.

Although I don't rate Ali's performances in that way at all he must be credited that he did FACE all the best fighters of his era.

Floyd dropped the ball badly avoiding Pac.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY View Post
    To be fair to him the Alvarez fight was a mega fight, and Alvarez was huge and talented.
    Agree. Alvarez is Mayweather's best win imo!!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information