Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 92 out of 112 Boxing Media scored for Floyd

With the fight being a close one, I was expecting much more votes for Maidana.

All scores on the British Boxing News Site.... 18 per cent of boxing media disagree with Floyd Mayweather getting the decision over Marcos Maidana | Latest | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909

I had it 115-113 Mayweather, my full card is on there too.

How did you all have it??

Comments Welcome
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 92 out of 112 Boxing Media scored for Floyd

Hey that's pretty good for Maidana really.

He did win clearly but it was sure close enough!!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprised somewhat by that, but I am sure patriotic bias has played a part in many a card too. Fans across sites have it close for Mayweather but a lot of votes for Maidana. Not so much here, but still more than the officials.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So only 9 for Maidana and all but one by the slimmest possible margin. Sounds like close but clear for Floyd just like the majority here say and the most on every other site I've been to.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't wait to to watch the fight when it is replayed on Showtime. It is on of the first fights Floyd has been in since Cotto. I had to admit but I dozed of for a couple of rounds of Maidana. Broner got me so pissed off I couldn't deal with life so my answer was to shut down. Still, seeing Floyd have to work was priceless. I don't even think it can be said of this fight Floyd is slowing down etc. I think that is short selling Chino. It was more Chimia actions than Floyd's lack there of. Saddo, where's my Maidana blog money.
    Last edited by walrus; 05-05-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 115-113 for Mayweather.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive seen some sites score it ten two pbf which is horse shit. The ring being one of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first 6 rounds were no doubt in favor of Maidana.. If you wanted to give the second half of the fight to Mayweather because he started to pick up his punch count and is connect percentage was what I thought it would be..Fine

But how do you give the first 6 rounds in favor of Mayweather 4-2? That is ridiculous.
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I can't wait to to watch the fight when it is replayed on Showtime. It is on of the first fights Floyd has been in since Cotto. I had to admit but I dozed of for a couple of rounds of Maidana. Broner got me so pissed off I couldn't deal with life so my answer was to shut down. Still, seeing Floyd have to work was priceless. I don't even think it can be said of this fight Floyd is slowing down etc. I think that is short selling Chino. It was more Chimia actions than Floyd's lack there of. Safari, where's my Maidana blog money.
    It was a close fight for sure, and Floyd was not having an easy or fun day.
    I think Floyd won myself, but don't forget the judge who had it even, all I'm saying is that it was close. A close fight for Floyd is unusual. A close fight for Floyd in Vegas is a win for Floyd every time, in my
    opinion.
    Like I said Floyd won the fight, but some of the BS I'm hearing from some of the people, who's opinions I respect on SaddoBoxing, makes me grind my teeth. Garbage like Floyd was in control from beginning to end, it was another comfortable win, and the most outrageous one, Floyd put himself on the ropes.
    It was a great fight card and worth the money I hope there is a rematch of the Floyd fight. I know I'm not the only one interested to see how they adjust to each other in the rematch, if there is one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For those questioning if Mayweather could have won some of the early rounds, one thing worth pointing out is this: although Maidana's roughhousing tactics didn't cost him a point deduction from the referee, there's nothing to say that an individual judge can't take that into account in his or her scoring.

I know that if I were judging a fight and thought that one fighter was gaining an advantage primarily through the use of unsportsmanlike conduct, I wouldn't hestitate to factor that into my scoring.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Ive seen some sites score it ten two pbf which is horse shit. The ring being one of them
    Agreed. Even the 117-111 was out of line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by uptoscratch View Post
    For those questioning if Mayweather could have won some of the early rounds, one thing worth pointing out is this: although Maidana's roughhousing tactics didn't cost him a point deduction from the referee, there's nothing to say that an individual judge can't take that into account in his or her scoring.

I know that if I were judging a fight and thought that one fighter was gaining an advantage primarily through the use of unsportsmanlike conduct, I wouldn't hestitate to factor that into my scoring.
    Like May's left elbow as a defensive weapon. Does that factor into your scoring?

Maidana had to rough it up, smother, and use aggressive tactics to keep the fight competitive. That doesn't mean he loses the round because of it. Mayweather barely threw any punches and was basically surviving the early rounds so he could make adjustments in the second half of the fight. He lost the early rounds 5-1 or 4-2 to be nice. It sure as hell wasn't 4-2 in favor of May. Give me a break

I won't argue with 115-113 either way or a draw... But the majority of the early rounds going to Mayweather or a lopsided decision is beyond comprehensible.
    Last edited by cnote111; 05-05-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe half of those scores or lil more are what people really believe.

But, I also believe a lot of pockets have been lined by Mayweather as a direct or indirect result.

If Ring Magazine said 10-2 Mayweather then that is EXTREMELY fishy. Just a horrid scorecard.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on how you score do you take accurate punching or shit that was not landing really. As i said in other threads i feel only people who thought mayweather lost are pacfans, hate mayweather, and people not use to seeing him in a close fight and gave the other guy more rounds then they should have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Depends on how you score do you take accurate punching or shit that was not landing really. As i said in other threads i feel only people who thought mayweather lost are pacfans, hate mayweather, and people not use to seeing him in a close fight and gave the other guy more rounds then they should have.
    I'll repeat my statement.. If you want to give Mayweather the fight because of his second half adjustments and precision punching then I would not argue the case... However, the first 6 rounds, 2 of the judges had it 4-2 in favor of Mayweather... Floyd was not active nor did he have any control/ring generalship in the first 6 rounds. Maidana won the first half of the fight. This is not a legitimate case for accurate punching vs high output in the first half.

Thread Information