Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac vs JMM, vs Martinez

Word is this is the current plan WHEN JMM beats Alverado and IF Martinez beats Cotto. If this happens and pac beats both JMM and Martinez, he would be a 9 division champ. What would you guys think of that?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac vs JMM, vs Martinez

You can see Manny want to avenge his loss and I think he will do it against JMM. However there is no way Manny goes to middleweight, that it too high a jump and he would not win.

Having said that I did not think PAC Man would beat Oscar, Hatton and Cotto but he did. He needs to come in that type of form and I can not see it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is soooo old I wouldn't be shocked to see him look like molasses and even lose to Alvarado. If Martinez beats Cotto and looks good, Manny would be insane to fight him.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Marquez is soooo old I wouldn't be shocked to see him look like molasses and even lose to Alvarado. If Martinez beats Cotto and looks good, Manny would be insane to fight him.
    It would be but the fight would be huge and a great way to end a career.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting KO'ed again by a guy with about a 30 pound functional weight advtantage? I'm thinking Pacquiao might not agree with you after the fact

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Martinez is the second best fight out there for Pac to complete his career. Win or lose it would be legendary. Ambitious ending parallel to his ambitious fight schedule of the past that propelled him to his great career. I would love to see it.

Promoter 'all ears' for a potential Sergio Martinez-Manny Pacquiao fight - Ring TV

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny doesn't fight southpaws. Looking back 10 years he's fought 2, 2 that weren't good. That tells me he won't fight Martinez. But good on him if he does. As for JMM, I don't care to see it. If he's insistant on the senior circuit go straight to Martinez.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Manny doesn't fight southpaws. Looking back 10 years he's fought 2, 2 that weren't good. That tells me he won't fight Martinez. But good on him if he does. As for JMM, I don't care to see it. If he's insistant on the senior circuit go straight to Martinez.
    Name southpaws Pac should of fought. You think Martinez would KO pac?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sure do... that's like asking if Kelly Pavlik would have KO'ed Pac some years back. The fight is ridiculous unless Martinez looks terrible against Cotto, in which case it'd still be a sideshow due to the size difference. It would be like Floyd fighting Edwin Rodriguez or something, what on earth is the point.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Name southpaws Pac should of fought. You think Martinez would KO pac?[/QUOTE]

I don't begin to know what southpaws he should have fought. But you don't go through all those divisions without running into a few. I'm not calling Pac out, I'm making an observation that leads me to believe he won't fight Martinez.

I'd have to see how Martinez looks against Cotto before I made a prediction on a Pac/Martinez fight. I usually only pick Marquez against Pac but I could see Martinez as a bridge too far so to speak.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez would end Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunno man, that's a helluva lot of if's. I can't imagine for the life of me Manny maintaining above 147 at this point in his career. Not trying to be a downer, but are we really this desperate for big fight name entertainment? Sergio has a handful of legit middles living in his basement right now and the Cotto fight needs to be a springboard to sorting out division business. Until someone beats him up and takes his scalp btw...I have no idea why Martinez is being constantly cast in the role of 'opponent' and its a shame.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-09-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Dunno man, that's a helluva lot of if's. I can't imagine for the life of me Manny maintaining above 147 at this point in his career. Not trying to be a downer, but are we really this desperate for big fight name entertainment? Sergio has a handful of legit middles living in his basement right now and the Cotto fight needs to be a springboard to sorting out division business. Until someone beats him up and takes his scalp btw...I have no idea why Martinez is being constantly cast in the role of 'opponent' and its a shame.
    Sergio will not mind as long as he gets paid loads and keep beating up these smaller fighters. Most champions would get criticised as Hopkins did but we all know Sergio has earned these pay days.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Martinez would end Pacquiao.
    Atleast he would go down going for a big bad dude. Who else is there if Pac beats JMM and still can't get the floyd fight. Pac should just retire but go after Martinez to end his career. Arum and DiBella are thinking about it already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Martinez fight for Arum if not i find that fight hard to make i am not sure though. Pac has been outboxed by Jmm for damn near ever fight and then koed Jmm well be 42 by fight time so maybe Pac can win with out the Judges helping him for once. Pac has not faced a punches in since being laid out by Jmm i not sure his chin can take Martinez might be a blow out and i don't think pac going to do it with out a catch weight either. I think Martinez might want it at 160 i do not see pac doing it because he will get destroyed hell i think there are WW that can beat him right now he could face young guys coming up. Mayweather fight i guess won't happen but that fight was gone since 2010 because of both guys. I don't think any of this fights are going to happen because Jmm going retire and pac not fighting Martinez at mw.

Thread Information