Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I now rank Floyd somwhere between top 30-40 all time...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I now rank Floyd somwhere between top 30-40 all time...

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    cant believe Maricano at 34 and Lennox Lewis not even in there.
    @brocktonblockbust while I do hold Lewis in high regards and he was the Undisputed HW Champ I just prefer Marcianos body of work overall... Maybe in years to come my opinion changes. Who knows Lennox is def. top 50 for me... Easy. Closer to 40 right behind Oscar on my list.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am still wondering about SRR footage so you actually saw the legend which we are told about. Was it as good as people say was in embellished a tad or was it spot on. I have seen old SRR which was pretty good also were the fuck did you find footage just wondering is all.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    I think Floyd's win over Canelo is going to look very good in the next few years.

I'm not a fan of Canelo, but I do recognize that he has skills, and has greatly improved in the last year or so. In the Trout fight alone, he showed good head movement and counter-punching ability.
    @VG_Addict I agree 100% here... People forget Canelo is only 24 now was 23 when he fought Floyd that kid has potentially a long illustrious future in the sport. Him facing Lara next tells you the type of fighter he is. 3 slick boxers back to back to back. What other elite/ superstar boxer does that? Kids got balls. Whether people like him or not. He's certainly showing more then JCC Jr.
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 05-13-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    There's a bunch of white dudes and Hispanics listed above Floyd....you danged racist!
    @El Kabong you just love winding up the trolls don't you... lol.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    @denilson200 you do know that Spinks had a great career before he entered the heavyweight division?
    You do know that Ezzard Charles beat Archie Moore and probably the best light heavy ever?
    You do know that Armstrong won and held titles at featherweight, lightweight, welterweight at the same time?
    @Master how's it go fella?
    From 1981 to 1988 Spinks fought ONLY in world title fights a total of 16 to be exact his record was 15-1 losing only to Tyson. His regin at LHW along with his opposition, skills and titles makes him something special. As if one mans career evolves based in 1 loss. Because I rank Spinks but not Tyson.
    Duran lost to SRL, Hagler & Hearns yet he's fucken light years ahead in my list. I couldn't be bothered answering all his questions. At least if he came right and said "I haven't seen enough of Ike Williams and Jofre and Canto" but after I clearly stated in my original post

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Keep in mind I DON'T rank fighters whom I don't know enough of and or have not seen enough footage to judge them on. I simply refuse to rank fighters I've seen and know a lot of with fighters whom I've only read of. With that being said over time I've learned more and more about a lot of fighters whom 8 or 9 years ago I did not know much of and now today I can rank them.
    He's still gonna question whether I have seen them fight and have seen enough of Go figure...

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    There's a bunch of white dudes and Hispanics listed above Floyd....you danged racist!
    @El Kabong you just love winding up the trolls don't you... lol.
    I don't have to do shit to wind up the Floyd trolls. I'll say "Floyd is great" and they'll attack me just the same as if I said he was the worse than Mullet Boxer, it is beyond ridiculous.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be Fair to Lyle the troll has been strong lately he been called a racist a lot and he does not know shit. I mean i got shit for saying Mayweather was top 15 saying that i put him to low and pac 20 whch is again i guess is to low for people. All and all you missed nothing great its been kinda shit since the fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    How did you find SRR footage like did you go to a archive or somthing thought that shit was gone in a fire or something right. Also do you have any on Tunney at all besides the Demsey fights. I really think that we should have a atg list done like old generation new one because they are so different now.
    @Mr140 simply by looking... Everytime in my spare time I would search and contact people and ask until I finally came across it when a friend sent me a link.
    To be honest boxers like Tunney, Dempsey, Jack Johnson while I respect them and rank them in their own realm again I just don't mess with them...
    I have seperate lists. I have lists of fighters whom I've ONLY read about and have not seen enough footage if any at all. I'll post that one up next.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Also good to see you back i like to see Ice Britkid and Saddo come back but i think they are long gone. I would rank Holyfeild tad higher since there has never been a Heavyweight move up to hw and be considered a top 10 atg hw. Which is saying a lot when giving up 20 to 40 pounds in a fight is big deal.
    Thank you...
    Ice Cold Boxing is BritKid as well as Saddo and Mr140 oh and zzzz.
    But who cares about Ice Cold Boxing all his knowledge came from "Google" & "BoxRec"
    don't tell him I told you that...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like i said before i think there should be a rankings for old timers 1960's and back and new timers 1970s and now kinda like hall of fame does it. I mean the way the game changed since the 60's even it hard to judge the way fights are fought the round numbers a lot has changed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol well he is gone i guess it does not matter anymore anyhow good to see you hope you stay longer thaen a day i have to go to work. As for all the guys who have stayed do not let the trolls bother you i think Max is gone after the Chris fight master can not rest his head.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So this is my list based on fighters whom I've ONLY read about and have not seen at all OR have seen very little footage of... This isn't to say no footage exists this just means I might not have gotten around to them. I'll only do the ones I've done research on...

1. Sam Langford
    2. Harry Greb
    3. Bob Fitzsimmons
    4. Joe Gans
    5. Benny Leonard
    6. Mickey Walker
    7. George Dixon
    8. Terry McGovern
    9. Packey McFarland
    10. Sandy Saddler
    11. Jimmy McLarnin
    12. Stanley Ketchel
    13. Jack Johnson
    14. Holman Williams
    15. Gene Tunney
    16. Barbados Joe Walcott
    17. Jimmy Wilde
    18. Tommy Gibbons
    19. Jack Britton
    20. Tommy Loughran

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    @denilson200 you do know that Spinks had a great career before he entered the heavyweight division?
    You do know that Ezzard Charles beat Archie Moore and probably the best light heavy ever?
    You do know that Armstrong won and held titles at featherweight, lightweight, welterweight at the same time?
    I do know that

But how can seriously put Spinks as an ATG above Tyson when Tyson beat him in under minute, that makes no sense to men. Even Spinks win over Larry Holmes was not exactly clear cut

Armstrong was a fine fighter, but looking at him on youtube there is no way he beats Floyd with that Style

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Dude. I respect your boxing knowledge because I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about boxing, but some of the names on that list even I have not heard of.
    @denilson200 I don't consider myself pretty knowledgeable... I'm just a student of the game. I learn and feed off everyday reading and research. I pick up bits and pieces and ideas and do the work.

When I first saw the length of your reply I was honestly happy as I like debating and sharing details and info. that's how I learn and then I read your response...

Ike Williams ? Who ?
    If you don't know who Ike Williams is then I'm not sure I can go past this part of your response and answer the set of questions...

I Have you really seen enough of him fight to say he's deserves to be numbers 26? Have you seen Eder Jofre fight ? or Miguel Canto ?
    I have a little over 6,000 fights saved in a hard drive that form part of my fight collection. I have exactly 8 complete Ike Williams fights. I have seen more then enough footage and have done the research to comfortably rank him at #26.
    I have exactly 4 complete Eder Jofre fights. I have seen more then enough highlights and footage as well as done research to comfortably rank him.
    I have exactly 13 complete Miguel Canto fights. I have seen more then enough footage and have done the research as well as become good friends with his son on Facebook to rank him.

As I mentioned I was really looking forward to replying to your entire comment but if you honestly don't know who Ike Williams is, it's best you learn about him. Then you can comeback and question me.
    Dude. Don't take yourself so seriously

I would lay a far bet that Floyd Mayweather himself has not heard of Ike Williams

So he knows nothing about Boxing ?

Maybe the fact that I have never heard of him says something in itself.

It's just opinion and everyone has one.

You put in Micheal Spinks but not Jack Dempsey or Gene Tunney or Jack Johnson or Tyson ? Spinks was better than all them ? Cmon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The boxing sprirt of old is long gone. Robinson fought 34 times in his last 3 years and Armstong 49 times. Floyd has fought what, 5 fights? We would need a matrix of criteria to come close to making a realistic comparison rather than here is my opinion.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    The boxing sprirt of old is long gone. Robinson fought 34 times in his last 3 years and Armstong 49 times. Floyd has fought what, 5 fights? We would need a matrix of criteria to come close to making a realistic comparison rather than here is my opinion.
    Yeah but Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong weren't making no 60 million dollars a fight, either. If they could get paid that much per fight, do you think they'd still be fighting that much? Hell nah.

Thread Information