Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Can’t see anyone beyond Brazil and Argentina winning – the climate will suit them
    how bad is the climate going to be though... it's winter time in brazil i guess the further north places and the jungle city will still be pretty hot but how hot is it in rio in winter... cant be super high... I am just guessing though
    Rios around 20 so fairly hot. Up north its terrible though, they have to play in the middle of the jungle in the afternoon for the tv ratings to be maximised. When England play Italy in Manaus humidity is at 99%
    Did you see the England players training wearing layers of clothing to get use to the humidity?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Can’t see anyone beyond Brazil and Argentina winning – the climate will suit them
    how bad is the climate going to be though... it's winter time in brazil i guess the further north places and the jungle city will still be pretty hot but how hot is it in rio in winter... cant be super high... I am just guessing though
    Rios around 20 so fairly hot. Up north its terrible though, they have to play in the middle of the jungle in the afternoon for the tv ratings to be maximised. When England play Italy in Manaus humidity is at 99%
    Did you see the England players training wearing layers of clothing to get use to the humidity?

It won't make them pass the ball any better. International football especially in those conditions demands that you can keep possession and let the ball do the work. The ball never gets tired. Dutch and Italian twelve year olds have better technique and can pass and keep the ball better than England internationals. You have been warned. First half good, second half not so good.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Earliest Memory
    Favourite goal
    Favourite player
    Favourite celebration
    Your most hurtful memory
    Your most hurtful goal
    Your most hateful player

Please complete

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately being 21 the only world cups I can remember haven't been classics but here's my lot:

Earliest Memory - French players kissing Barthez on his head for luck

Favourite goal - Argentina's 32 pass goal vs Mexico in 2006, loved their passing style

Favourite player - In my memory the only player whose lit up a tournament has been the Brazilian Ronaldo who came back from his knee injury in 2002

Favourite celebration - Beckham when he scored the penalty in 2002, lots of passion and redemption after the sending off 4 years earlier

Your most hurtful memory - All the world cups I can remember have been shit for England after high expectations but 2010 was dire, winning one game and Rooney swearing at the fans was a disgrace.

Your most hurtful goal - All of the Germany goals vs England in 2010, seeing Ozil and Muller rip us open showed how many years behind we are

Your most hateful player - Klose, the guys shit at club level but is joint top scorer in World Cups. More goals than the all time greats! I even saw he made it for the 2014 world cup, I thought he's retired ages ago!
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Earliest Memory 1978 kempes scoring or Brian Robson scoring in 28 seconds in 1982 against France.
    Favourite goal – Maradona 1986
    Favourite England goal – Owen 1998
    Favourite player - Baggio 1990
    Favourite celebration – Falco 1982
    Your most hurtful memory – Losing to Germany penalties 1990
    Your most hurtful goal – Green letting the goal against US 2010
    Your most hateful player – Simeone getting Becks sent off 1998

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Earliest Memory
    Favourite goal
    Favourite player
    Favourite celebration
    Your most hurtful memory
    Your most hurtful goal
    Your most hateful player

Please complete
    I want to start off by saying i am from scotland so you english fellows are our rivals in sports events so I never cheer for you guys and I think thats the way it should be, it's nothing personal just sports...

Earliest Memory
    It was the 94 world cup, I remember germany being bad all the way through despite being champions and sweden being very tricky and drawing with brazil in the group stages and oleg salenko bagging 5 in one game... so earliest memory is the 94 group stages... and bulgaria doing very well!
    Favourite goal
    got to go with scotlands penalty v brazil in 98... err not much other choice .. lots of great goals though but not any that i would rate my favroute as none of them have really affected me for a while.. S:.. although in 2006 i was in teh stadium for joe coles goal v sweden and rosickys goal v the us both were really good goals and being there made them stand out.. Aha now i remember one I jumped around a lot for and that was henrik scoring v england scored to make it 2-2 it was a pretty lucky goal but henrik was a great player and played a long time in scotland so I respect him a lot and I am always happy when the english dont win(no offence guys) and being there for it was great... 2006 in germany was a great world cup!
    Favourite player
    Ballack and Kahn I really liked those guys in 2002, kahn in my opinion was in beast mode till the spilled shot v brazil and germany were taking a bashing pre world cup and those guys put in great performances to earn 2nd place, I followed those guys career very closely after that, I even watched bayern every week untill about 2006 when they left.
    Favourite celebration
    I dont really like celebrations much, one that I have seen on tv is the italian fellow from the 70s or 80s, he scored a very important goal and just was so happy he ran around screaming his own name S: thats nice, i prefer it when the players are overcome rather than some pre planned nonsense
    Your most hurtful memory
    well since 94 when i first started watching the world cup scotland have been crap so it's probably tom boyds own goal v brazil or maybe brazil winning in 2002 I really hoped the germans would win that one.
    Your most hurtful goal
    Your most hateful player
    I dont really have either of those... maybe under hateful player I would put beckhams, not really his fault but the whole shenannigans in 98 was stupid, he clearly kicked the guy and deserved the red..and I wouldnt say i hate him either, just the stupid media stuff about, infact the same with rooney v portugal, he clearly stamped on the guys nads and had it coming

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your most hateful player - Klose, the guys shit at club level but is joint top scorer in World Cups. More goals than the all time greats! I even saw he made it for the 2014 world cup, I thought he's retired ages ago!
    klose is a bit weird, he was great for bremen but once he signed for bayern he never really scored a lot at club level... top class player in my opinion though, very unselfish and a great team player.. I really hope he beats mullers goal record for the germans !

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Earliest Memory - Italia 90, Salvatore Schilacchi being good in the world cup, and then terrible in Serie A.
    Favourite goal – Ronaldinho v England - The sheer cheek of the free kick showed what a player he was!
    Favourite England goal – Frank Lampard's stunner that came back down off the bar. Oh how we laughed.
    Favourite player - Yekini for Nigeria - absolute beast of a striker.
    Favourite celebration – Roger Milla dancing around the corner flag.
    Your most hurtful memory – Paul Bodin hitting a penalty against the bar that could have sent Wales to the 94 World Cup.
    Your most hurtful goal – Emmanuel Petit, 98 final. If he could score against Brazil in a final, then you knew that it was really all over.
    Your most hated player – Frank Rijkard (not Gullit I'm reliably informed), spitting in well permed hair is never cool.

I'm going to assume you mean hated player...not the one who is filled with hate.
    Last edited by superheavyrhun; 05-31-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good questions Master - for a tosser. Have copied the questions and will answer mine before I go back and read everyone elses

Earliest Memory

Vague memories of my mum and dad watching 1978 final I think but my earliest proper memory was England v France in 82. Think it was tea time after school, maybe a Tuesday ?! Robson's early goal and my hero Paul Mariner getting the 3rd

Favourite goal

Eder for Brazil in 1982, might have been against Russia

Favourite player

Lineker

Favourite celebration

Owen running away after Argie goal

Your most hurtful memory

Going out in 2006. That tournament was there for the taking

Your most hurtful goal

All the German ones against us last time - not only cos we were out but because a couple were embarrassing and showed the players for what they were , twats !

Your most hateful player

Roy Keane for his toys out of pram stance against McCarthy, in was it 2002 ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Earliest Memory - Bryan Robson scoring about 27 seconds against France in 82
    Favourite goal - As above
    Favourite player - As above
    Favourite celebration - As above
    Your most hurtful memory - Maradona HOG
    Your most hurtful goal - As Above
    Your most hateful player - As above

As you can see a lot of effort put in
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mark tko and plopeater have just stolen my list.

England looked good against Peru 3-0 looks good with Italy and uraguay struggling.

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have it on good authority that Chile will win the World Cup,

This comes from a mate who said Froch KO8 and won money on it, he always seems to win so I am gonna go with Chile.
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Plopeater View Post
    I have it on good authority that Chile will win the World Cup,

This comes from a mate who said Froch KO8 and won money on it, he always seems to win so I am gonna go with Chile.
    A woman said to me Greece would win Euros 2000 I said you know nothing about football. They went and won the thing.

In world cups the best team normally wins so it will not be Chile? Who have they got in their team?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats the best ever team you seen at world cup in your lifetime ?

Mine was Brazil 82 - can't believe that team went out at quarter final stage. Had it all
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats the best ever team you seen at world cup in your lifetime ?

Mine was Brazil 82 - can't believe that team went out at quarter final stage. Had it all
    Yes the best team never to win the world cup they had Socrates, Eder and Zico. Rossi got the hatrick against them and knocked them out.

Thread Information