679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He is facing Geale and it's almost done.. any of you non- Euros and Australians looking forward to this crap fest?
    Source ?

Firstly Khazikstan is in Asia not Europe and so there are probably many Non-Europeans interested in watching GGG fight.

Secondly long gone are the days (if they ever existed ) where the USA dominated boxing across the World.

Thirdly most genuine boxing fans will have much more than a passing interest in watching Golovkin fight whether they rate him or not.

Fourthly your continued refusal to face facts and give Golovkin even the most begrudging of respect is starting to hugely undermine your own judgement

Fifthly Daniel Geale as well as being the former WBA/IBF world title holder at middleweight has a decent ranking across all boxing tables, 3rd in RING ratings, 5 in Boxing Monthly and 3rd in Sugars so the idea that he is a nobody in a crap fest is just sour grapes and has nothing to do with reality

The only unpleasant news is the fact that you still have the nerve to rate Quillin and people like Fury above Golovkin when it comes to quality and level of competition faced, despite all evidence pointing in the other direction.
    of course at one time US boxers dominated boxing. Not to say there hasn't always been great fighters outside the US but look at how the Heavyweight decision was dominated for years. Of course back then it was nowhere near as exciting now that Wlad and the boys ars at the top. I mean everyone knows them and they are pure excitement.

I don't know if you were implying that we here in the US give a shit that many divisions are not US dominated but that is far from the truth. We love GGG, Prod, Manny,Marquez and Cotto are big draws. Most of the big names love to fight in the US and we love to see them here. My favorite is of course Many and I would drive half way accross the country to see Prod. We want to see good fights and we don't give a shit where they are from. I actually can't remember my last favorite purely American boxer. Sure we have Floyd and Hopkins, sure hall of famers and a number of other of great fighters. I think a lot of us would love to see more Americans leading divisions. It would be great to see a top American Heavyweight but if our best prospect. Wilder, I just don't see him their yet. Most of our favorite sporting events have top players from other countries. I don't care, if I see a good baseball game with a Japanese batter, Venezuelan picture, Puerto Rican first baseman etc I'm happy to just see a good ballgame. We are happy our country draws the best players and it has been like that for years. Perhaps I went overboard, you may not have been implying we are upset about the lack of top Americans but if you were that is just dead wrong. I would trade two Floyd's for someone as exciting as Wlad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    He is facing Geale and it's almost done.. any of you non- Euros and Australians looking forward to this crap fest?
    Source ?

Firstly Khazikstan is in Asia not Europe and so there are probably many Non-Europeans interested in watching GGG fight.

Secondly long gone are the days (if they ever existed ) where the USA dominated boxing across the World.

Thirdly most genuine boxing fans will have much more than a passing interest in watching Golovkin fight whether they rate him or not.

Fourthly your continued refusal to face facts and give Golovkin even the most begrudging of respect is starting to hugely undermine your own judgement

Fifthly Daniel Geale as well as being the former WBA/IBF world title holder at middleweight has a decent ranking across all boxing tables, 3rd in RING ratings, 5 in Boxing Monthly and 3rd in Sugars so the idea that he is a nobody in a crap fest is just sour grapes and has nothing to do with reality

The only unpleasant news is the fact that you still have the nerve to rate Quillin and people like Fury above Golovkin when it comes to quality and level of competition faced, despite all evidence pointing in the other direction.
    of course at one time US boxers dominated boxing. Not to say there hasn't always been great fighters outside the US but look at how the Heavyweight decision was dominated for years. Of course back then it was nowhere near as exciting now that Wlad and the boys ars at the top. I mean everyone knows them and they are pure excitement.

I don't know if you were implying that we here in the US give a shit that many divisions are not US dominated but that is far from the truth. We love GGG, Prod, Manny,Marquez and Cotto are big draws. Most of the big names love to fight in the US and we love to see them here. My favorite is of course Many and I would drive half way accross the country to see Prod. We want to see good fights and we don't give a shit where they are from. I actually can't remember my last favorite purely American boxer. Sure we have Floyd and Hopkins, sure hall of famers and a number of other of great fighters. I think a lot of us would love to see more Americans leading divisions. It would be great to see a top American Heavyweight but if our best prospect. Wilder, I just don't see him their yet. Most of our favorite sporting events have top players from other countries. I don't care, if I see a good baseball game with a Japanese batter, Venezuelan picture, Puerto Rican first baseman etc I'm happy to just see a good ballgame. We are happy our country draws the best players and it has been like that for years. Perhaps I went overboard, you may not have been implying we are upset about the lack of top Americans but if you were that is just dead wrong. I would trade two Floyd's for someone as exciting as Wlad

Wlad is exciting? Gotta admit I don't hear that one very often.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Source ?

Wlad is exciting? Gotta admit I don't hear that one very often.
    Yeah, it was a joke, he is like watching paint dry

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The US is still the most dominant nation in boxing...and that won't change anytime soon...or ever.

We dominate the hottest divisions and have the youth to replace the old guys...the Championship pedegree can't be compared or rivaled.

US fighters are the most imitated idolized and studied.

MOST of the foreign fighters around today are in their 30's....and there sure as hell isn't any youth movement behind them.

What we don't have are LOYAL FANS.

Brits support there own be they White as Hatton or Black as Bruno..

Americans would rather cheer for a Russian or an Argentine than an American...But you best believe Russians and Argentines NEVER pull for American fighters.

They aren't stupid like that.

If Floyd walked away from the biggest fight in HISTORY because of drug testing, the US media would replace Barry bonds and Mark McGuirre with Mayweather as the poster boy for steroids.

HBO picked up on the thirst for foreign fighters coming from WITHIN the US and have gone almost exclusively foreign.

I love watching them fail.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    The US is still the most dominant nation in boxing...and that won't change anytime soon...or ever.

We dominate the hottest divisions and have the youth to replace the old guys...the Championship pedegree can't be compared or rivaled.

MOST of the foreign fighters around today are in their 30's....and there sure as hell isn't any youth movement behind them.

Americans would rather cheer for a Russian or an Argentine than an American...But you best believe Russians and Argentines NEVER pull for American fighters.

If Floyd walked away from the biggest fight in HISTORY because of drug testing, the US media would replace Barry bonds and Mark McGuirre with Mayweather as the poster boy for steroids.

HBO picked up on the thirst for foreign fighters coming from WITHIN the US and have gone almost exclusively foreign.

I dont think this makes much sense at all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geale is a top 10 contender. This should be a good fight
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a respectable match and could be and has been far worse. I don't care if Geale is from fooking Pluto and painted neon orange, he has ability and Golovkin needs guys he cannot 'choose' to carry and spar like his last fight. Geale will not play his foil and except a role..he'll try to win! Hope it turns into some give and take before its all over.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So yes there are plenty people interested in this fight.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Its a respectable match and could be and has been far worse. I don't care if Geale is from fooking Pluto and painted neon orange, he has ability and Golovkin needs guys he cannot 'choose' to carry and spar like his last fight. Geale will not play his foil and except a role..he'll try to win! Hope it turns into some give and take before its all over.
    I watched the Adamu fight again yesterday and that was exactly what I thought too. It didn't even look like a fight, it looked like sparring. At one point GGG didn't like what he was doing and he sat right in front of Adamu and shadowboxed haha

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

It doesn't make sense to deny it..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's about time for GGG to "challenge himself" and Gaele is hardly a challenge.

Strange how certain fighters are constantly required to take risks while GGG can languish for YEARS in a dead division where he is heavilly favored against all his half-dead peers.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

It doesn't make sense to deny it..
    I dont know. A far as I can see Europe and Asia have better boxing prospects coming through which is shown by the dominance of these fighters at amateur levels. Id be pretty sure there is a decline in US champions compared to 10 years ago but couldnt be sure (Im not counting Mexico as US). Outside of Floyd and Ward, I dont think there is much potential for complete dominance from a US fighter the way GGG could dominate the MW div, or Yamanaka could dominate the BW div. I dont think Danny Garcia is the future of the Welterweight div. The only 2 US guys with realistic chances of dominating are Thurman and Mikey Garcia (arguably mexican)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's about time for GGG to "challenge himself" and Gaele is hardly a challenge.

Strange how certain fighters are constantly required to take risks while GGG can languish for YEARS in a dead division where he is heavilly favored against all his half-dead peers.
    What would you propose saving expecting him to jump up to 168. Is that your 'challeng himself'. The division is hardly dead and Geale is a step up compared to Ishida or even a Rosado. The politricks is what's stifling a few top dogs from sorting it out in the short term and Papa Arum and Chavez fight fell out. Martinez will in all likely hood cut Cotto to ribbons while Quillin and Jacobs is probally in the works being same promotion. Murray? I've bashed Golovkin as almost becoming a "celebriboxer" with his last showcase US networks didn't even see fit to air but fair is fair, and this is more of a challenge than the other guy who was being mentioned and for future fight sake more likely to receive top billing.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

JHC now Geale is crap!!? He's a top 5 middleweight, a warrior and a hell of a fighter. Crap fest lol. Remember that when you are lumping praises on that one dimensional Donaire.
    Nobody cares about Geale...

Top 5 MW don't mean shit nowadays.

Geal is a solid fighter...nothing more....nothing less.

GGG is not a young fighter..especially when you consider the over 300 amateur fights he's had.
    He doesn't have time to waste on guys like this.

Things would be different if we were talking about some 22 y/o prospect.

By the time GGG steps up the game will have passed him by.
    Who's nobody you? Of course he's a solid fighter so there was no need to overstate the obvious. He's a top 5 middle in the world and will be the Kazaks toughest test to date. Get Kid Ovaltine to sign the dotted line.

Why would things be different if it were a 22 yr old prospect. The kid would most likely be raped on international tv.

By the time anyone steps up to fight him his game will be long gone. Props to Geale if this goes ahead. Dudes never ducked anyone.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You make some pretty broad claims below.

Hahahaha. I wonder if geocentric broadcasters have anything to do with that generality.

Hev-No. Not one champion and only about 4 or 5 guys in the top 20. One a creation because of the hev drought you have suffered.
    200-No. Not one champion. Nobody in the top 20
    175- No. One aging champion and 2 guys in the top 15 who will never be champion again.
    168-No. One champion who is spinning his wheels. Two in the top 20
    160-No. One champion who won’t fight anyone. About 3 guys in the top 15
    154-No. 2 champions and about 5 guys in the top 20
    147-Yes/No. 3 champions and about 8 in the top 20, Floyd has been dominant.
    140-No. You have 2 champions and one that’s a bit of a paper weight. About 6 guys in the top 15 including both champs. One of those although competitive is a gatekeeper and one that has now he his brains scrambled in about 5 fights in a row.
    135-No. 2 champions and about 5 in the top 15 including those two.
    130-No. 1 champion and about 5 or 6 mixed into the top 15 or 20
    126-No. Zero champions and I gifted fighter who seems hesitant along with about 3 in the top 15
    122- No champs and no body in the top 15.
    118-Ditto
    115-Ditto
    112-Villoria
    108-same as 122
    105-Ditto

You call that Domination? South Africa has 4 world champions. You have 300 million people and are so infatuated with the heavyweight division that you construct a guy and feed him scraps to compile some inflated ko record and then buy into it even though it’s a fib. Now please don’t confuse the facts with anti-Americanism.

What do you mean imitated? Style wise? Give one example of this imitation?
    Idolized? Floyd is. I’m surprised he has not been declared a prophet.
    Studied? You mean like Floyd studied uncle Roger’s style.and Roger Mr. Benton and Mr Benton Mr. Burley and Burley Mr. Langford and Langford Mr. Mace kind of study?
    What do you mean study?

A blanket statement that is downright false and on multiple levels. Many divisions are absolutely stacked and the sport is still thriving all over Asia, South America, Mexico and the British domestic scene is crazy.

Floyd has a cult. I know lots of loyal American fans. Lots on this site. Many objective ones

I was waiting for some kind of twist on the race card earlier.

Another groundless blanket statement. If anything on a whole Americans like different fighters from all over and “would rather” has nothing to do with it. People still cheer for people based on skin colour but that certainly is not something exclusive to America.

American fighters have fans all over the world and plenty of people who want to see them lose just like anywhere else.

So a fan does not cheer for all his countrymen in boxing on purely nationalistic reasons alone and that means he/she is stupid? I call that open minded and quite the opposite of stupid.

Not sure what you are going on about in those final comments.
    If only Golovkin was American eh, he'd be a cross over star.

Thread Information