Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    296
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Finito isn't a fan of GGG.

    Geale is a top 5 middleweight. GGG is (slowly) cleaning out the division. It's a good fight. Martinez and the crop at 168 are better, but it's a solid fight.
    top 5 middleweight doesnt mean shit nowadays.

    GGG is too old to be slowly cleaning out his dead division.

    Too bad he isn't from the hood....he'd be required to "challenge himself" and "take more risks"...but since he's a foreigner and so many of ya'll are thirsty for any king of a hero...he gets a pass.
    GGG is the best boxer in the world. No one has the balls to fight him, especially those American pussys. Floyd "cherry pick opponents" Mayweather wouldn't go near him despite GGG saying he'd do it at 154. Quillin and Jacobs want nothing to do with him. He's a MW Wlad. Americans shit their pants when asked to fight him.
    Floyd has taken more risks that GG's entire country...lol
    He's been moving up and winning titles since he was 21.

    GG is 32 and has yet to take a single challenge.

    Those foreigners of yours aren't very ambitious...they stay in their place and don't make too much noise.

    GG won't go near Ward even though his pussy ass handlers said he'd fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168....Ward pulled his hoe-card and that ugly bitch sat right back down.

    It's no coincidence that foreigners are in the WEAKEST divisions..

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,502
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    431
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Finito isn't a fan of GGG.

    Geale is a top 5 middleweight. GGG is (slowly) cleaning out the division. It's a good fight. Martinez and the crop at 168 are better, but it's a solid fight.
    top 5 middleweight doesnt mean shit nowadays.

    GGG is too old to be slowly cleaning out his dead division.

    Too bad he isn't from the hood....he'd be required to "challenge himself" and "take more risks"...but since he's a foreigner and so many of ya'll are thirsty for any king of a hero...he gets a pass.
    GGG is the best boxer in the world. No one has the balls to fight him, especially those American pussys. Floyd "cherry pick opponents" Mayweather wouldn't go near him despite GGG saying he'd do it at 154. Quillin and Jacobs want nothing to do with him. He's a MW Wlad. Americans shit their pants when asked to fight him.
    Floyd has taken more risks that GG's entire country...lol
    He's been moving up and winning titles since he was 21.

    GG is 32 and has yet to take a single challenge.

    Those foreigners of yours aren't very ambitious...they stay in their place and don't make too much noise.

    GG won't go near Ward even though his pussy ass handlers said he'd fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168....Ward pulled his hoe-card and that ugly bitch sat right back down.

    It's no coincidence that foreigners are in the WEAKEST divisions..
    Great you raise another point about u pussy ass americans. Your scared to travel. Ward and Floyd both too scared to fight out of their home cz they know they wont get their gift decisions. Could you imagine Pac suggesting Floyd go to Philippines to fight. U can imagine Floyds reaction. Ward is in one of the worst divisions in boxing. Chavez, Abraham, Stieglitz, Kesseller, Rodriguez, Degale, Oosthuizen in the top 10. Wow stacked. Floyd isnt even in a division. He makes up divisions to get an advantage and avoids any mandatorys. And thats all you have, 2 good fighters who are coming to the end of their careers with noone to replace them. Shame about ur pal Broner
    Last edited by Silkeyjoe; 05-22-2014 at 03:44 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1018
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Finito isn't a fan of GGG.

    Geale is a top 5 middleweight. GGG is (slowly) cleaning out the division. It's a good fight. Martinez and the crop at 168 are better, but it's a solid fight.
    top 5 middleweight doesnt mean shit nowadays.

    GGG is too old to be slowly cleaning out his dead division.

    Too bad he isn't from the hood....he'd be required to "challenge himself" and "take more risks"...but since he's a foreigner and so many of ya'll are thirsty for any king of a hero...he gets a pass.


    You contradict yourself, my friend, or maybe I'm having difficulty following you. You state that (1) GGG should challenge himself and take more risks (2) but it's wrong to want fighters from the hood to challenge themselves and take more risks. Are you suggesting no fighter should be expected to challenge themselves and take more risks or all fighters should be expected to challenge themselves and take more risks?

    There are some people on this board, @Ron Swanson , for example, that wants GGG to move up to 168 now, and thinks there is no point to fighting the boxers at 160 because he's above their level. @Ron Swanson - correct me if I'm wrong on describing your opinion.
    @Ron Swanson and I have respectfully disagreed in the past on this point. In my opinion, GGG only recently became more of an A-side (if he is one yet), and he should take 2013 to try to clean out the middleweight division before moving up. Frankly, if he beats Geale, and the Martinez/Cotto winner ducks him, there's no one really left at 160 to fight. So, he should move up (unless a top junior middleweight moves up) if he is trying to improve his legacy.

    By the way, please leave me out of the foreigner versus American debate.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    296
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Silkeyjoe

    You don't have to travel when you are on TOP....
    That is something you soft Eurofags don't know shit about.

    Even your prospects are OLD.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    296
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Finito isn't a fan of GGG.

    Geale is a top 5 middleweight. GGG is (slowly) cleaning out the division. It's a good fight. Martinez and the crop at 168 are better, but it's a solid fight.
    top 5 middleweight doesnt mean shit nowadays.

    GGG is too old to be slowly cleaning out his dead division.

    Too bad he isn't from the hood....he'd be required to "challenge himself" and "take more risks"...but since he's a foreigner and so many of ya'll are thirsty for any king of a hero...he gets a pass.


    You contradict yourself, my friend, or maybe I'm having difficulty following you. You state that (1) GGG should challenge himself and take more risks (2) but it's wrong to want fighters from the hood to challenge themselves and take more risks. Are you suggesting no fighter should be expected to challenge themselves and take more risks or all fighters should be expected to challenge themselves and take more risks?

    There are some people on this board, @Ron Swanson , for example, that wants GGG to move up to 168 now, and thinks there is no point to fighting the boxers at 160 because he's above their level. @Ron Swanson - correct me if I'm wrong on describing your opinion.
    @Ron Swanson and I have respectfully disagreed in the past on this point. In my opinion, GGG only recently became more of an A-side (if he is one yet), and he should take 2013 to try to clean out the middleweight division before moving up. Frankly, if he beats Geale, and the Martinez/Cotto winner ducks him, there's no one really left at 160 to fight. So, he should move up (unless a top junior middleweight moves up) if he is trying to improve his legacy.

    By the way, please leave me out of the foreigner versus American debate.
    I am suggesting you hold GG to the same standards you hold Floyd and Broner to.

    Why cant GG fight Ward and move back down to 160?

    It's been done before...not by any of ya'll...but it has been done.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,502
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    431
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Because you asking him to move up without clearing the div. I think the more logical question is why hasn't Ward moved up to 175? He's beaten everyone at 168 and there are some dangerous opponents at 175. Stevenson, Kovalev. Ward is quaking in his boots. Does want to fight anyone stronger then him so he can't just hang out of them for 12 rounds. Worse to watch then Wlad

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    296
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Because you asking him to move up without clearing the div. I think the more logical question is why hasn't Ward moved up to 175? He's beaten everyone at 168 and there are some dangerous opponents at 175. Stevenson, Kovalev. Ward is quaking in his boots. Does want to fight anyone stronger then him so he can't just hang out of them for 12 rounds. Worse to watch then Wlad
    If Golovkin were 22 I'd agree that he should clean out his dead division...but he doesn't have TIME.

    If he's going to "challenge himself" the time is NOW.

    GG told Ward he wanted to unify 160...but he was ready to fight Jr at 168.
    If anyone is quaking in his boots it's that overrated motherfucker.

    Ward... isn't 32 with Ouma as his best win...he has actually done something in the sport...unlike Golovkin.

    GG's handlers said they'd fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168 then backtracked when it was time to actually MAN-UP on the 168 part.

    Never has a fighter recieved so much credit for doing so very little.

    As for 175....If you think a piece of squared-up trash like Kovalev beats Ward you are in for another shock to your self-esteem.

    Ward would whip that shit around the ring with EASE.

    Broner was requred to move up without unifying 135
    He was called a bitch and a coward for staying in a division where he was HEAVILLY FAVORED to beat everyone there.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,502
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    431
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Silkeyjoe

    You don't have to travel when you are on TOP....
    That is something you soft Eurofags don't know shit about.

    Even your prospects are OLD.
    Name me one young US prospect!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,502
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    431
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Because you asking him to move up without clearing the div. I think the more logical question is why hasn't Ward moved up to 175? He's beaten everyone at 168 and there are some dangerous opponents at 175. Stevenson, Kovalev. Ward is quaking in his boots. Does want to fight anyone stronger then him so he can't just hang out of them for 12 rounds. Worse to watch then Wlad
    If Golovkin were 22 I'd agree that he should clean out his dead division...but he doesn't have TIME.

    If he's going to "challenge himself" the time is NOW.

    GG told Ward he wanted to unify 160...but he was ready to fight Jr at 168.
    If anyone is quaking in his boots it's that overrated motherfucker.

    Ward... isn't 32 with Ouma as his best win...he has actually done something in the sport...unlike Golovkin.

    GG's handlers said they'd fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168 then backtracked when it was time to actually MAN-UP on the 168 part.

    Never has a fighter recieved so much credit for doing so very little.

    As for 175....If you think a piece of squared-up trash like Kovalev beats Ward you are in for another shock to your self-esteem.

    Ward would whip that shit around the ring with EASE.

    Broner was requred to move up without unifying 135
    He was called a bitch and a coward for staying in a division where he was HEAVILLY FAVORED to beat everyone there.
    Does Floyd and Ward not need to challenge themselves? Maidana for fuck sake. A guy who was easily beaten by Khan, Alexander and Kotelnik for fuck sdake. Hes even less of a threar then Geale is. Heck you could argue Geale should be undefeated as he was robbed against Mundine and Barker was an extremely close fight. He also holds a win over a genuine champ in Sturm who u americans had to rob to get a win over. Only champ maidana beat is one of your paper champs in broner who could even stop Carlos "no the other Carlos" Molina

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1018
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Unpleasant news regarding Golovkin's next fight

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Finito isn't a fan of GGG.

    Geale is a top 5 middleweight. GGG is (slowly) cleaning out the division. It's a good fight. Martinez and the crop at 168 are better, but it's a solid fight.
    top 5 middleweight doesnt mean shit nowadays.

    GGG is too old to be slowly cleaning out his dead division.

    Too bad he isn't from the hood....he'd be required to "challenge himself" and "take more risks"...but since he's a foreigner and so many of ya'll are thirsty for any king of a hero...he gets a pass.


    You contradict yourself, my friend, or maybe I'm having difficulty following you. You state that (1) GGG should challenge himself and take more risks (2) but it's wrong to want fighters from the hood to challenge themselves and take more risks. Are you suggesting no fighter should be expected to challenge themselves and take more risks or all fighters should be expected to challenge themselves and take more risks?

    There are some people on this board, @Ron Swanson , for example, that wants GGG to move up to 168 now, and thinks there is no point to fighting the boxers at 160 because he's above their level. @Ron Swanson - correct me if I'm wrong on describing your opinion.
    @Ron Swanson and I have respectfully disagreed in the past on this point. In my opinion, GGG only recently became more of an A-side (if he is one yet), and he should take 2013 to try to clean out the middleweight division before moving up. Frankly, if he beats Geale, and the Martinez/Cotto winner ducks him, there's no one really left at 160 to fight. So, he should move up (unless a top junior middleweight moves up) if he is trying to improve his legacy.

    By the way, please leave me out of the foreigner versus American debate.
    I am suggesting you hold GG to the same standards you hold Floyd and Broner to.

    Why cant GG fight Ward and move back down to 160?

    It's been done before...not by any of ya'll...but it has been done.
    What do you mean by "ya'll?" I'm from the United States, my friend.

    Like I said, keep me out of the Americans versus European discussion.

    Why can't Ward move up to 175 to face Stevenson or Kovalev? He's cleaned out the 168 division already. What else is there for him to prove at 168? Why should he face Edwin Rodriguez at 168 when Rodriguez is a lower top ten guy at 168?

    I hold him to the same standards as Broner and Floyd. Once GGG cleans out the division, or all the fighters around his weight won't fight him, he should move up. I absolutely agree. I wouldn't blame him for not going at the best at 168, Ward, without taking a fight with another top guy first, but he shouldn't take much more time with fighting lower level top ten guys. GGG hasn't been on the big stage as long as they have and doesn't get paid the same amount of money they do.

    Broner got paid $1.5 million to face Molina on the Floyd undercard. He deserves grief if he turns in a bad performance. Floyd is the best fighter on the planet without taking into account weight. So, he's earned scrutiny.

    I try and hold everyone to the same high standard. If I slip up, tell me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Who should Golovkin Fight ?
    By Beanz in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 07:14 AM
  2. Replies: 132
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
  3. Fights you found unpleasant to watch
    By Mctaggert in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM
  4. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 11:32 PM
  5. Golovkin and Proska to fight in New York
    By Beanz in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 04:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing