Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
He is facing Geale and it's almost done.. any of you non- Euros and Australians looking forward to this crap fest?
Source ?

Firstly Khazikstan is in Asia not Europe and so there are probably many Non-Europeans interested in watching GGG fight.

Secondly long gone are the days (if they ever existed ) where the USA dominated boxing across the World.

Thirdly most genuine boxing fans will have much more than a passing interest in watching Golovkin fight whether they rate him or not.

Fourthly your continued refusal to face facts and give Golovkin even the most begrudging of respect is starting to hugely undermine your own judgement

Fifthly Daniel Geale as well as being the former WBA/IBF world title holder at middleweight has a decent ranking across all boxing tables, 3rd in RING ratings, 5 in Boxing Monthly and 3rd in Sugars so the idea that he is a nobody in a crap fest is just sour grapes and has nothing to do with reality

The only unpleasant news is the fact that you still have the nerve to rate Quillin and people like Fury above Golovkin when it comes to quality and level of competition faced, despite all evidence pointing in the other direction.
of course at one time US boxers dominated boxing. Not to say there hasn't always been great fighters outside the US but look at how the Heavyweight decision was dominated for years. Of course back then it was nowhere near as exciting now that Wlad and the boys ars at the top. I mean everyone knows them and they are pure excitement.

I don't know if you were implying that we here in the US give a shit that many divisions are not US dominated but that is far from the truth. We love GGG, Prod, Manny,Marquez and Cotto are big draws. Most of the big names love to fight in the US and we love to see them here. My favorite is of course Many and I would drive half way accross the country to see Prod. We want to see good fights and we don't give a shit where they are from. I actually can't remember my last favorite purely American boxer. Sure we have Floyd and Hopkins, sure hall of famers and a number of other of great fighters. I think a lot of us would love to see more Americans leading divisions. It would be great to see a top American Heavyweight but if our best prospect. Wilder, I just don't see him their yet. Most of our favorite sporting events have top players from other countries. I don't care, if I see a good baseball game with a Japanese batter, Venezuelan picture, Puerto Rican first baseman etc I'm happy to just see a good ballgame. We are happy our country draws the best players and it has been like that for years. Perhaps I went overboard, you may not have been implying we are upset about the lack of top Americans but if you were that is just dead wrong. I would trade two Floyd's for someone as exciting as Wlad