Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Most 1st round KO's in boxing history...

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Most 1st round KO's in boxing history...

For a long time it was thought that Young Otto held the record for most 1st round KO's in a career. During my research I've seen his KO record at 40, 38 & 35.

However there is a boxer by the name of Peter Maher who is actually the all time record holder for most 1st round KO's in a career with 50.

In modern times believe it or not Shannon Briggs hold's the distinction of having 33 1st round KO's in his career. Scoring his 33rd just this past weekend and edging closer to Otto.

People often ask who has the most consecutive 1st round KO's from the begingin of a career. First it was Edwin Valero then Tyron Brunson broke his record sadly this record now belongs to a sorry, poor excuse of a boxer namaed Ali Raymi from Yemen who has 20 1st round KO's consecutively. If you look him up and see his fights you will quickly discover the poor excuse of boxing commission that country has. His record, his opponents and the commission allowing this should be ashamed.

YOUNG OTTO

PETER MAHER

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Most 1st round KO's in boxing history...

Hmm I thought it was Otto also, with 42.

Valero his most consecutive.

I haven't actually heard of Peter Maher, **Runs to google**
    Last edited by Vendettos; 05-22-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is an attainable record for prospects with lil self respect. Brunson is actually a decent fighter n his power is for real. He's just not that good.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali Raymi! Oh yeah, what a stud!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL oh my god does he stink.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair though, Peter Maher and Young Otto probably bowled over a ton of bums on their way to achieving so many first round KOs.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder will break that record.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    For a long time it was thought that Young Otto held the record for most 1st round KO's in a career. During my research I've seen his KO record at 40, 38 & 35.

However there is a boxer by the name of Peter Maher who is actually the all time record holder for most 1st round KO's in a career with 50.

In modern times believe it or not Shannon Briggs hold's the distinction of having 33 1st round KO's in his career. Scoring his 33rd just this past weekend and edging closer to Otto.

People often ask who has the most consecutive 1st round KO's from the begingin of a career. First it was Edwin Valero then Tyron Brunson broke his record sadly this record now belongs to a sorry, poor excuse of a boxer namaed Ali Raymi from Yemen who has 20 1st round KO's consecutively. If you look him up and see his fights you will quickly discover the poor excuse of boxing commission that country has. His record, his opponents and the commission allowing this should be ashamed.
    That is very cool. I like researching the sport and its nice when you come across a gem that may not be "officially" recognized by some record gatherers. Another example would be the Wills/Langford marathon of fights which is anywhere from 18 to 23 times depending on the source. Its officially recognized as the most fights between two people in a career but its not technically.

Two Londoners named Mike Sweeney and Danny Cripps fought each other 63 times between 1902 and 1921. Now they were staples on local undercards in the London area so historians may have believed there was some foul play but technically they are the record holders.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every fighter Raymi beat was undefeated. I'm surprised they had that many fighters in Yemen.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Hmm I thought it was Otto also, with 42.
    I haven't actually heard of Peter Maher, **Runs to google**
    @Vendettos for a long time it was thought to be Otto but a while back Peter Maher was discovered... He actually had a long extensive career.

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Ali Raymi! Oh yeah, what a stud!

@generalbulldog I told you he was a disgrace...

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    LOL oh my god does he stink.
    @Beanflicker that's an understatement...

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder will break that record.
    @Master not if he faces Wlad...

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

That is very cool. I like researching the sport and its nice when you come across a gem that may not be "officially" recognized by some record gatherers. Another example would be the Wills/Langford marathon of fights which is anywhere from 18 to 23 times depending on the source. Its officially recognized as the most fights between two people in a career but its not technically.

Two Londoners named Mike Sweeney and Danny Cripps fought each other 63 times between 1902 and 1921. Now they were staples on local undercards in the London area so historians may have believed there was some foul play but technically they are the record holders.
    @IamInuit Good stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Every fighter Raymi beat was undefeated. I'm surprised they had that many fighters in Yemen.
    @Violent Demise which tells you what a fucken joke this guy is. I'd bet my life savings that Finito can come out of retirement and KO this shit bag inside of 10 seconds.
    What's good with you homie? How you been? It's been a cool minute since I talked to you. Hope you're all good. Still in Killa Cali?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it means anything at all. Show me a fighter who wins most of his bouts by 1st round KO, and I'll show you a guy who has fought absolute rubbish, and probably wasted their own ability in the process. I'd love to hear of a notable exception, has any world class fighter ever scored more than a handful against real quality opponents? At this point, in order to break the record, a fighter would have to make that their single aim when choosing fights, i.e Valero or Tyrone Brunson.

As I know nothing of Peter Maher, I just looked him up on wiki. Out of his notable fights, he lost most, and not a single one was a first round KO win. I have no idea how good he may have been, but that pretty well sums it up.

Thread Information