Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Gerald McClellan?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What do you think of Gerald McClellan?

Quote Originally Posted by CopeAli
    The referee - Alfred Asaro was so out of his depth in that fight it was untrue, a bigger name should have taken charge i.e. Mitch Halpern, Mills Lane etc. In-fact anyone except Asaro, that's how bad i think he was.
    Watch how he pushes McClellan back after Benn has seemingly recovered from the knock down. True, there is a certain amount of time given to a fighter knocked out of the ring (Benn even got a helpful push back into the
    ring) but i think that the Referee was very helpful on this occasion. The bottom line is, he was extremely poor during that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Yeah, I heard he was a sick man outside the ring,can anyone fill me in?
    DD Posted up a thread about his cruelty to animals and it was sick!!!!

He may still have the link ?

......About the ref - Isn't there some rule about the fighter being given time to get back into the ring, if he goes through the ropes? Either way, the ref didn't throw a single punch, so it didn't help that muchÂ
    That helpful push back in the ring stuff is total bollocks, the people at ringside put their hands up cause it looks like Benn might fall of the edge of the ring, but they barely, if at all, graze him

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gerald was a great action packed boxer puncher who really caught the publics imagination around the time that Mike Tyson went to Jail. King treated Gerald like he was the Knockout artist that would put sell the tickets on his large shows as a young Mike Tyson would have.. He had a very strange aura about himself like he was a cold hearted killer , a shame what happened to him against Nigel but he really was quite an arrogant man. Gerald had to be respected by everyone in the middleweights, he did in fact strike fear into most of his opponents and many did actually avoid him.. i would have loved to see him face Roy or Bernard.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did anyone else read that article about cruelty to animals? If that is at all true, I dont even care what happened to McClellan in the Benn fight, what a sick person.. Also whoever said that about his dog losing and him taking it home, the article says apparently he pulled the dog out of the fight it was losing, put it in the trunk of his car, and then shot it.. No quite the same. >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it's not quite the same, but they are of course just rumours. The dog he was meant to have taken home in his brand new car was called 'Deuce'
    Rumour is he was very attached to this particular dog (he has a tattoo of the dog on his arm).
    G-Man was a very controversial character if you believe all the stories, but he was an awesome puncher, and a fighter i very much enjoy watching.

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Did anyone else read that article about cruelty to animals? If that is at all true, I dont even care what happened to McClellan in the Benn fight, what a sick person.. Also whoever said that about his dog losing and him taking it home, the article says apparently he pulled the dog out of the fight it was losing, put it in the trunk of his car, and then shot it.. No quite the same. >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you got him past 5 rounds you could beat him Sorry but that's just the truth

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Â He was a lover of the fighting American Pit bull terrier, which i am myself. Â

Yes ,but do you let your dogs fight to the death and revel in it?I think not.

I worked in an animal sanctuary in Pittsburgh and the mess of some of the pitt bulls we got in,mentally and physicaly was sickening,most of them having to get put down and the rest you could see had been beaten all their lives.
    Beautiful,friendly dogs that had been abused by sick fuckers,of which i rate McClellan,regardless of his boxing prowess!
    I will die at my post , on the streets or in prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This McClellan guy is just another example of the world of checks and balences we live in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by baller
    This McClellan guy is just another example of the world of checks and balences we live in.
    That's too philosophical for me m8 when it comes to guys like him!
    I will die at my post , on the streets or in prison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a great (non-fiction) boxing book called Dark Trade: Lost in Boxing by a guy called Donald McRae that profiles Benn. James Toney and Herald McLellan amongst others.

In the book, McLellan basically comes across as your typical gangbanger, albeit with outstanding boxing talents. He loved to fight his pitbulls, much like Roy Jones Jnr and his chickens, and the rumour goes that McLellan shot his dog for losing a fight...  Not a particularly nice guy, but its not exactly a prerequisite for a boxerÂ

The books definitely worth a read btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course not, i would never in a million years put my dog in against another, despite all the silly theories that fighting dogs are bred to do just that; i am very much opposed to the idea, but i know a few people who are not.
    McClellan as has been mentioned seemed viscious in and outside the ring, but what he did outside the ring still doesn't detract what he was capable of doing inside the ring and i believe that when people read stories about McClellan's ways of life they lose a great deal of respect for him as a person and subconciously as a fighter too.

There's a brilliant book that you all should try and read some time, it's called War, Baby. The Glamour of Violence by Kevin Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67

Â He was a lover of the fighting American Pit bull terrier, which i am myself. Â

Yes ,but do you let your dogs fight to the death and revel in it?I think not.

I worked in an animal sanctuary in Pittsburgh and the mess of some of the pitt bulls we got in,mentally and physicaly was sickening,most of them having to get put down and the rest you could see had been beaten all their lives.
    Beautiful,friendly dogs that had been abused by sick f***ers,of which i rate McClellan,regardless of his boxing prowess!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RockyFatton
    There's a great (non-fiction) boxing book called Dark Trade: Lost in Boxing by a guy called Donald McRae that profiles Benn. James Toney and Herald McLellan amongst others.

In the book, McLellan basically comes across as your typical gangbanger, albeit with outstanding boxing talents. He loved to fight his pitbulls, much like Roy Jones Jnr and his chickens, and the rumour goes that McLellan shot his dog for losing a fight... Not a particularly nice guy, but its not exactly a prerequisite for a boxer
    CC man, thanks for the info,will definitely try to get hold of that.

The books definitely worth a read btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    The dog was named Deuce and he didnt kill that dog it was a different and "ALLEGED" story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im glad he is suffering, Im glad he didnt die and is now a cabbage.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@
    Im glad he is suffering, Im glad he didnt die and is now a cabbage.....
    I 'm glad you are an ignorant dik head!!!! Remember you are not exempt from the very Karma you believe in so wishing harm and a particular fate on another human qualifies your dumass too....

ICB Guest

gerald was good fighter very vicious he had good chin good heart had excellent power ok speed but thing that let him down that hes defence was sloppy he didnt have great defence at all but overall he was good fighter and exciting fighter.

Thread Information