Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr camps set to talk on Tuesday night 10/6/14

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr camps set to talk on Tuesday night 10/6/14

Eddie Hearn will open talks with the representatives of Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr on Tuesday night as he attempts to make the Las Vegas superfight that will tick the last box in Carl Froch’s incredible career.
    The Nottingham fighter is desperate to headline in Vegas before retiring from the ring and Hearn, his promoter, is keen to make a bout with Mexico’s former middleweight world champion at the end of November or in December.
    Talks have already opened with James DeGale, the mandatory challenger for Froch’s IBF super-middleweight title, but that fight does not need to take place until February, while Hearn will also discuss a third fight against Mikkel Kessler this week.

Read more: Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr camps set to talk on Tuesday night aboutLas Vegas fight | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would love to see the Chavez fight.
    The Kessler and DeGale fights leave me cold, DeGale seems a little inexperienced for Froch and the Kessler fight has me asking what else is there to prove.
    Of course, I'm from the US.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree this is a good matchup, I think is pretty much Guaranteed Froch wants to go this route as he's dying to fight in Vegas

I also think he'll win this then want some more of the Vegas vibe and fight out there again, would LOVE to see him in against GGG at some point before he retires.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr camps set to talk on Tuesday night 10/6/14

Hate or love Froch you can't begrudge him the chance to fight in Vegas. What do you think the chances are of a matchup with GGG in the future?
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr camps set to talk on Tuesday night 10/6/14

Froch wants to fight in Vegas which really means he wants to fight Junior for big money and less risk. Would he fight Ward in Vegas. Probably not but he may want to fight GGG in Vegas as a back up.

I know vegas has historical significance for a boxer but so does MSG and I do not hear him say he wants to fight there. Must be tax reasons to fight in Vegas.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez don't deserve a shot at all. I would be annoyed if this was carls last fight to be honest. He still has bigger fights that can be made and will be highly capable of winning those fights too...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Chavez don't deserve a shot at all. I would be annoyed if this was carls last fight to be honest. He still has bigger fights that can be made and will be highly capable of winning those fights too...
    Even though Froch would be taking the smaller purse against Chavez it would still be more than he would make in any other fight

Thread Information