Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
SRL's the true TBE for me... but his fight with Hagler left me as unsatisfied as two other megafights..... Trinidad-De La Hoya, and Mayweather-Pacquaio.

It baffled me just how wrongly Hagler fought Leonard that night. Imagine destroying Hearns in three rounds in one fight.... and then pussy-footing his way to a decision loss to Leonard in the other.

IMO, Hagler had no one to blame but himself for that loss. SRL may be the TBE to me, but Hagler was still one of the most fearsome MW's in history.

Had he pressed the action the full 12, it may have been a totally different outcome.

Still, with all the HOF scalps on his record, it's hard to argue against SRL as the TBE.
TBE should be SRR it is ingrained in all boxing nerdom.

Leonard is an ATG but that comeback made me hate him with a passion. Very manipulative, opportunistic and had no substance to it when he fought Lalonde, Hearns and Duran. So much so that I loved what Norris and Macho Man did to him.

Hagler made many mistakes that cost him that fight boxing orthodox for one but that judge who saw all those flashy cluster punches from Leonard that caused no damage really ruined the fight.

I know... I'm an against the flow kind of guy on the TBE thing.

I didn't like it when Leonard beat Benitez, but the list of scalps he ended up with is nothing if not spectacular. Benitez, Duran, Hearns, Hagler....... doesn't get much better than that. Epic fights, too.

Only the Hagler fight was underwhelming for me, and I put the blame squarely on Hagler. Yeah.... especially going orthodox on Leonard and serving the "W" up in a silver platter. Disgusting. I expected more of Hagler, TBH.

Hagler fought with his ego; Leonard fought with his brain, that's why he won the fight.
Leonard was the dark lord sith who cheated his way to that victory. Ray loaded the match in his favour and there was no way that he would lose that fight. He is evil I tell you, his apprentice Floyd took over his place and now Canelo has it.