Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wlad - Pulev set for September 6th.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wlad - Pulev set for September 6th.

K2 Promotions won the rights to this fight so more than likely will be staged in Gemany. I've also heard that the date for this will be September 6th which potentially gives the winner time to fit in the WBO defence before the end of the year.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/2014/06/17/k2-promotions-win-right-to-stage-klitschko-v-pulev-title-bout-with-$7m-bid.html
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad - Pulev set for September 6th.

I guess it's as good as anyone out there. A unification fight for the WBC would obviously be better, but that will probably be a nice little merry go round with Wilder and Stiverne for the next year or something. Pulev has some skills but I don't see anything he does that will bother Wlad to much, he isn't a big puncher or particularly fast etc, just seems like another Chagaev, Ibragimov or Povetkin level guy at best. Fully expect a crap fight on that note

El Kabong Guest

The unification fight will happen but this is probably the best when it comes to talent Wlad can face. Pulev is a tough customer, very skilled as a boxer but he'll have to really be on his game and throw Wlad off his to pull off the upset.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will ESPN carry the fight or have all the networks giving up on Wlads fights.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    If ESPN turn it down, they are stupid.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think someone here reported ESPN received very low ratings for Wlads last fight. I know HBO gave up on Wlad a while ago. If ESPN doesn't carry it a stream will probably be the only way to see it in the US

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think someone here reported ESPN received very low ratings for Wlads last fight. I know HBO gave up on Wlad a while ago. If ESPN doesn't carry it a stream will probably be the only way to see it in the US
    This is set to be more competetive than the Lepai fight. On the ESPN ratings for the Wlad fight its hard to see much interest gathering for Heavyweight boxing in the American public. The Arreola - Stiverne fight paid about 100 grand for each fighter in front of a crowd that was less than 10 000. Even if an American were to fight Wlad, would it really do that well Stateside?
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a decent match and hopefully turns into a competitive *cough* Wlad fight.

Stiverne v Arreola produced the highest rating for a ESPN aired fight in over a decade. I'm sure they are interested in repeating that but his promotion and he himself need to work much harder at pushing interest in a Pulev fight Stateside or ESPN will pass. Then again with fans it may not matter after last sparring session.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Assuming that this fight gets underway, the only way I see Pulev winning is after he gets his chance to get inside is to test that chin with every punch in his arsenal early because as the rounds go by later in the fight, my substitute for sleeping pills Vlad will win by boring decision.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possibly the best fight out there at HW for Wlad... sure, they made Pulev up a bit more than what he actually is, but he is credible enough to at least win a few rounds. In fact, he appears to be a better boxer than Wlad is.

Compared to Povetkin, Pulev is a slightly better boxer and mover- may not be a better puncher, but not all the time you need to be a puncher and hitter.

Keys to victory are:
    #1: Pulev needs to keep moving to his left and let Wlad come to him. Keep moving too and use his left jab and short right off of the back foot.

#2 If Pulev is forced to move to his right at points during the fight then Pulev can't and should NOT duck under Wlad's right, Wlad will jump on him, lean on him and tie him up.

#3 Pulev has to think "points win" more than stopping Wlad. He doesn't have the power to stop Wlad cold, even though Wlad is chinny, he just doesn't have the stop-cold power to stop Wlad these days.

#4 Do NOT stand up straight against the ropes. Wlad will bomb you from the straights outside. You will get tired of being hit in the face. You will be forced to retire or your corner will stop it for you. Roadwork now is essential.... be prepared to go 12 solid rounds, filled with moving in and out.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant wait to watch wlad hug someone hes never hugged before

its gonna be beautiful
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev is a deserving challenger I would love to see an upset, just don't see it happening
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev has made his case and probably deserves it the most based on merit, not sure that will translate into much of a challenge for wlad inside the ring, then again I didnt think povetkin would win a round and he managed to win some.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev will give Wlad a difficult, grueling fight.

Kubrat is a natural-born fighter with a strong chin, he's quite crafty and a good inside fighter. Kubrat has excellent stamina, always starting slow but becoming stronger with better rhythm as a fight progresses. He doesn't have one-punch KO power, but he punches hard enough to gradually break down his opponents.

Wlad will likely win, but he'll take some punishment along the way.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko camp comments on Pulev demand

Source: www.facebook.com

WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko has never failed a drug test and always stays in terrific condition between fights. His camp views challenger Kubrat Pulev’s demands that Wlad undergo extra testing not required by the commission to be a clumsy ploy to get under Wlad’s skin.

“We go strictly with the rules and this whole issue is only brought up from Sauerland to discredit Wladimir’s reputation!” Klitschko’s manager Bernd Bönte said. “The local commission BDB is in charge for the doping and they cooperate with NADA, the worldwide well reputed anti-doping agency. They caught (Mariusz) Wach, (Sam) Soliman, etc. The BDB is obligated to publicize positive samples, which is not the case with the Austrian Federation (which sanctions all Sauerland-promoted fights). Therefore where is the sense in a random test before the fight on their side?”

Thread Information