Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terrance Crawford...next?

Being straight I'm really surprised at the zero boost this kid has received off of a mutual showcase and his very conclusive win over Gamboa. He shined and proved his metal coming in the underdog and there are some solid matchups that will benefit all concerned, especially the fans. He has the style to mesh well, boxer-puncher..stubborn but very sharp.

Lets say Adrien Broner manages a return to lightweight or Crawford goes up as he stated? I really don't think he would want any of Crawford

Mikey Garcia comes up? They have history and style wise could be a sharpshooting exhibit but these two are one step beyond one another in weight..

Danny Garcia? Now this would be interesting! Garcia indicated he'll make one more go at 140. Great styles clash..

Assuming Crawford is 140 next out which he looks like he could carry with little difficulty..Provodnikov ? New kid Algieri? Matthysse? I don't buy into hype and approach most as a skeptic but I like this dude. He has the right mentality to pick his spot and a huge poker face. He fought some dumb spots and went macho with Gamboa when he didn't have to but adjusted and exploited all of the gaps in his opponent. We see so much time spent of con jobs, guys who blow weight and get more pop off a big rowdy mouth and cheap gimmicks and we soak it up. All we have in Crawford is a guy who comes in professional, fights his arse off and keeps it humble with a superb skillset. I look forward to seeing him match against some top players

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terrance Crawford...next?

at lightweight, he really only has vasquez left to fight but his promoter mentioned how vasquez is managed by haymon so that fight wouldnt happen. he needs to move up to 140 because there are quite a few fights for him there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    at lightweight, he really only has vasquez left to fight but his promoter mentioned how vasquez is managed by haymon so that fight wouldnt happen. he needs to move up to 140 because there are quite a few fights for him there.
    Crawford has to move up but not GGG.

MW isn't a deep division brimming with talent...Golovkin is heavilly favored over everybody at 160...there are no challenges for him...he should move up.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post

MW isn't a deep division brimming with talent...Golovkin is heavilly favored over everybody at 160...there are no challenges for him...he should move up.
    Apparently Crawford struggled to make weight this time and he is a big lightweight so he probably doesnt have many fights there. He also probably will want to move up because hell get much bigger paydays at 140.

In saying that Id like to see a few fights at Lightweight 1st. Figueroa and Lundy are good fights that would be fun to watch. Abril and Bogere would also be decent fights. If he fancies crossing the pond again theres Mitchell and Flanagan but both would be easy fights for Crawford. Vazquez would be the biggest test and it would be good if that fight could be made. Vasquez last fight was in Macau on a top rank card so I dont see why it wouldnt be possible?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a hell of a lot of difference between moving from 135 to 140 then moving from 160 to 168.
    and I'm not just talking the 5 pounds to 8.

Most lightweights today are actually welterweights
    Most supermids are actually lighthev
    There are a handful of divisions where that kind of weight stretch is not as apparent and middleweight just happens to be one of them albeit with some exceptions like Chavez Jr and he had to use chemical assist.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Being straight I'm really surprised at the zero boost this kid has received off of a mutual showcase and his very conclusive win over Gamboa. He shined and proved his metal coming in the underdog and there are some solid matchups that will benefit all concerned, especially the fans. He has the style to mesh well, boxer-puncher..stubborn but very sharp.

Lets say Adrien Broner manages a return to lightweight or Crawford goes up as he stated? I really don't think he would want any of Crawford

Mikey Garcia comes up? They have history and style wise could be a sharpshooting exhibit but these two are one step beyond one another in weight..

Danny Garcia? Now this would be interesting! Garcia indicated he'll make one more go at 140. Great styles clash..

Assuming Crawford is 140 next out which he looks like he could carry with little difficulty..Provodnikov ? New kid Algieri? Matthysse? I don't buy into hype and approach most as a skeptic but I like this dude. He has the right mentality to pick his spot and a huge poker face. He fought some dumb spots and went macho with Gamboa when he didn't have to but adjusted and exploited all of the gaps in his opponent. We see so much time spent of con jobs, guys who blow weight and get more pop off a big rowdy mouth and cheap gimmicks and we soak it up. All we have in Crawford is a guy who comes in professional, fights his arse off and keeps it humble with a superb skillset. I look forward to seeing him match against some top players
    TR's vp Moretti says Garcia wont take the fight. Could be the two amateur loses and Mikeys nightmares of Shane and Vernon.

I was hoping for Vazquez but he just signed with Al Corleone.

They are taking Baby bull or Beltran.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Apparently Crawford struggled to make weight this time and he is a big lightweight so he probably doesnt have many fights there. He also probably will want to move up because hell get much bigger paydays at 140.

In saying that Id like to see a few fights at Lightweight 1st. Figueroa and Lundy are good fights that would be fun to watch. Abril and Bogere would also be decent fights. If he fancies crossing the pond again theres Mitchell and Flanagan but both would be easy fights for Crawford. Vazquez would be the biggest test and it would be good if that fight could be made. Vasquez last fight was in Macau on a top rank card so I dont see why it wouldnt be possible?

There aren't many fights at 160 for GG...he claimed he'll fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168...he kept his word on the 154 part.

He's 32 y/o with over 300 amateur fights....he doesn't have time to wallow in a division where he is the HEAVY favorite against all those dead no-hopers.

The time is now for old dude to "challenge himself" and "take some risks".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There aren't many fights at 160 for GG...he claimed he'll fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168...he kept his word on the 154 part.

He's 32 y/o with over 300 amateur fights....he doesn't have time to wallow in a division where he is the HEAVY favorite against all those dead no-hopers.

I knew you'd show yourself again after Crawfords win . Crawford himself has said he wanted to move up after Gamboa anyways. I can see him beating Danny Garcia and alot of other guys at 140. Or maybe he's just tryina avoid Mikey

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main difference is that Crawford is struggling to make lightweight. GGG is not at all struggling to make middleweight. Crawford would be around the same size as the people at 140 while GGG would be way smaller than those at 168. If Crawford were in GGG's situation, I wouldn't mind if he didn't move up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford sold nearly 11 000 tickets and did great numbers on HBO. That's a dream come true for Top Rank and then he put on an amazing show beating an unbeaten guy. TR are going to build him into a franchise so future opponents are going to go to his hometown as the opponent.

If TR are true to form they'll do their best to give him a long successful career and after beating an unbeaten live fighter with Gamboa's pedigree they'll probably give him a soft touch next. Diaz sounds like the perfect guy. A great CV and he'll come forward and make a fight out of it as long as it lasts and Crawford probably gets another great TKO/KO.

Or if he can't make 140 somebody similar. They're not going to risk Provodnikov until he's a lot more worn down and Algieri's people won't want to send him to Omaha because they're trying to build him into a franchise on the east coast.

And I can't see it being any Haymon guys. Haymon isn't going to want to send his guys off to Omaha as an opponent. Broner spent the week before his last fight in the sauna just to make 140 so don't think he'll ever see 135 again.

So probably a fairly soft touch for him next before anything riskier.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Crawford sold nearly 11 000 tickets and did great numbers on HBO. That's a dream come true for Top Rank and then he put on an amazing show beating an unbeaten guy. TR are going to build him into a franchise so future opponents are going to go to his hometown as the opponent.

Agreed. After the fight and during the interview, he thanked his whole crew and how he was blessed to have all this chemistry. Now I hate to be a negative Nelly but right away I thought, just watch Arum fuck this up. Crawford needs to keep the same crew that got him here and the benefits of remaining grounded. Don't be signing away the rights to the corner. Don't even trade the bucket boy.

If TR are true to form they'll do their best to give him a long successful career and after beating an unbeaten live fighter with Gamboa's pedigree they'll probably give him a soft touch next. Diaz sounds like the perfect guy. A great CV and he'll come forward and make a fight out of it as long as it lasts and Crawford probably gets another great TKO/KO.

X2 except don't make the same mistake that he made with the very man Crawford just beat. He treated Gamboa like he was some kind of registered retirement savings plan and then the note holder changed banks.

Or if he can't make 140 somebody similar. They're not going to risk Provodnikov until he's a lot more worn down and Algieri's people won't want to send him to Omaha because they're trying to build him into a franchise on the east coast.

And I can't see it being any Haymon guys. Haymon isn't going to want to send his guys off to Omaha as an opponent. Broner spent the week before his last fight in the sauna just to make 140 so don't think he'll ever see 135 again.

So probably a fairly soft touch for him next before anything riskier.

I actually think Garcia beats him so I don't buy Arums henchman inferring that Mikey is scared or would not want a crack at Crawford in the pros. It could just be calenders. Its a little skim at 135 and it may serve Crawford better to just move up now. I certainly see no issue size wise. Beltran is his mandatory so its either him or drop the belt and move on.
    I think if its Beltran then he plans on staying put and maybe attempting to unify.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

I knew you'd show yourself again after Crawfords win . Crawford himself has said he wanted to move up after Gamboa anyways. I can see him beating Danny Garcia and alot of other guys at 140. Or maybe he's just tryina avoid Mikey
    I knew you'd be here hating if Crawford won.

Mikey is nobody to avoid.

GG said himself he'd fight anybody from 154 to 168...he kept his bargain as far as the smaller guys are concerned.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets see Beltran. He truly deserves it and has figured out fast guys before like Hank Lundy.

Beltran would be a live underdog. Still an underdog tho.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Lets see Beltran. He truly deserves it and has figured out fast guys before like Hank Lundy.

Beltran would be a live underdog. Still an underdog tho.
    Raymundo Beltran would be my top choice, unless they can somehow get the Vasquez fight done.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main difference is that Crawford is struggling to make lightweight. GGG is not at all struggling to make middleweight. Crawford would be around the same size as the people at 140 while GGG would be way smaller than those at 168. If Crawford were in GGG's situation, I wouldn't mind if he didn't move up.
    Yeah but Crawford isn't 32 years old.

GG would not be way smaller than the guys at 168...stop with that shit...HE said he's fight ANYBODY from 154 to 168...

No need to start making excuses...especially since he's supposed to be all that.

Crawford would be around the same size as the guys at 140 BUT he has ZERO experience fighting 140lb fighters.

Ya'll should hold GG to the same standards Broner and Floyd are held to.

Thread Information