Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rowdy Ronda Rousey

It doesn't matter if you like her or not --I really don't think she cares one way or another, btw--she is the real deal! A no nonsense dynamo in the ring and a new age woman out of the ring.
    Ronda is smart, good looking, focused/driven, loyal, has good business sense, has started acting, and the most amazing thing is that she seems to he able to compartmentilize and control the different parts of her life that fame has blown out of proportion.
    An amazing young woman, like so many of them are today.
    What's your opinion?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rowdy Ronda Rousey

She's legit and the real deal. Training/competing for/at the Olympics is pretty much the Elite of the Elite athletes. To medal is even more phenomenal.

Fighting in MMA, she was a one-trick pony that no one could stop... 8 wins by armbars. But last 2 fights ended in KO/TKO... she has improved her standup striking... wonder if anyone can stop her at 135.

I made 11 animated GIF’s of the UFC 175 - Ronda Rousey X Alexis Davis fight.

Enjoy 8 more GIF’s here:
    http://www.stickgrappler.net/2014/07...xis-davis.html
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

She was out on her feet after the right hand to the temple IMO, the slam and follow up punches were all extra.

Big win, Alexis is no joke and to blow her out in 16 seconds is unreal.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone with perhaps an extensive judo background themselves takes her. I think having a background in judo is a huge advantage for her because I think judo is one of the few combat sports where the female side of things is quite developed and has good competition and athletes...I also still think cyborg on the feet is favored. Instead Dana White is trying to sign Gina and have her fight for a titleshot.......right. While her run is fine and dandy I am pretty sure everyone she has beaten were faiely big underdogs to her, showing the lack of development/depth of the woman game at 135.

Yep sure enough the smallest favorite was -300 against tate 1 st time around, biggest favorite was at-800 against carmouche, -700 against Davis. Wladdy has probably fought competition with mostly similar odds and he's been doing it for 10 years and people still shit on him, if Ronda is still doing this in 5 years with a few challenges with much better odds thrown in then it'll be some sort of big reign....but as you can tell I don't mind watching her, but the ufc hype behind her is ridiculous!
    Last edited by armin; 07-15-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Someone with perhaps an extensive judo background themselves takes her. I think having a background in judo is a huge advantage for her because I think judo is one of the few combat sports where the female side of things is quite developed and has good competition and athletes...I also still think cyborg on the feet is favored. Instead Dana White is trying to sign Gina and have her fight for a titleshot.......right. While her run is fine and dandy I am pretty sure everyone she has beaten were faiely big underdogs to her, showing the lack of development/depth of the woman game at 135.

Yep sure enough the smallest favorite was -300 against tate 1 st time around, biggest favorite was at-800 against carmouche, -700 against Davis. Wladdy has probably fought competition with mostly similar odds and he's been doing it for 10 years and people still shit on him, if Ronda is still doing this in 5 years with a few challenges with much better odds thrown in then it'll be some sort of big reign....but as you can tell I don't mind watching her, but the ufc hype behind her is ridiculous!

World Champion Boxer Holly Holm has just been signed and in addition to 33 pro boxing wins, she is also 8-0 or something in mma.

Rousey is an excellent fighter. She is also a cunt. And she ain't THAT good looking. She's pretty, but she's not Mia St. John or Gina Carano or Laila Ali imo.

That said, she may well defeat Holm and Carano (who has been out for 4 years or something).
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If she'd stop beating up the gorgeous Miesha tate I might be a fan

Oh, and fight Cyborg!! Not Carano

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Someone with perhaps an extensive judo background themselves takes her.
    It'll take more than that. Ronda has become a legit mixed martial artist, proven by the fact that she has won her last two fights by knockout.

Ronda is a physical beast. It's going to take something special to beat her.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps she can cross over to the male division after she beats everyone.

She can beat me up..slowly

Thread Information