What is it in your view? Obviously it's supposed to be a deteemining factor in scoring a bout but what is it to you? Here is was it isn't, it isn't a guy staying out of punching 's range. I have only heard about 20 seconds of Brian Kenny comments because I don't want the undercard spoiled. I am not going to say Lara was running away from a fight but in all actuality he was. Ring Generalship has to mean that you can control the fight from any distance, not that you can negate it from any distance. Of course from an eight foot gap Canelo is useless so is Lara. Canelo won the fight to me on first viewing. I'm as big of a ring general guy as anyone, but Lara wasn't dictating pace so much as running and being (cue this poison word) negative. I haven't read responses here yet except for OumaFan' s (twin) but I hope I don't find outrage. I could have made a separate thread on body punching. Those punches are the only ones that mattered tonight. Great fight, I love Lara but Canelo won. He is now the golden boy and that subjects him to unjust hatred but he made a great fight.