Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wlad Klit scared to death of Briggs? who wins, and why??

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wlad Klit scared to death of Briggs? who wins, and why??

yeh yeh, I know. Vitali did this and that to briggs , and briggs hasnt fought anyone decent in a while! but dont you think the man has enough credentials to get this fight given his record, the shape he is in, and the guys he's fought in the past? 1. shannon is in the best shape of his career, and seems to have beat his asthma issues. 2. he is killing the guys he's been fighting. 3. look at wlad klits opponents, leapai?? cmon!! its not much better!! i coulda put up a better fight than leapai.
    4. wlad is not vitali!!! by a longshot. vitali had fire in his eyes, but wlad is content with jabbing all night and carrying bums.

Briggs is after wlad like stink on shit, and wlad seems to ignore and diss briggs, even though briggs has gotten under his skin. my opinion is that wlad is scared of briggs, thats why he wont give him the time of day. interest is growing quickly for this fight, but where is wlad trying to fight another chump, thats where!!! I say give the guy whose record & experience proves he belongs in the ring with ole glass jaw.

put wlad in with someone who is NOT petrified of him. someone who wont let him plod and jab all night. someone who will attack!!! an exciting heavyweight. something wlad isnt anymore.
    i know not many will agree with me, but thats ok. i never was one to go with the grain anyways. everyone has an opinion, and this is mine.
    it would be good to see the belts back in USA.

my prediction...briggs by KO within 5 rds. shock and awe baby!!! corrie sanders his boring ivan drago looking ass!! lol.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad Klit scared to death of Briggs? who wins, and why??

Do not fall for the hype Briggs has to earn the right to fight for the title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

1. Shannon is NOT in the "best shape of his career" he's 42 years old.
    2. The guys Briggs has been fighting are BUMS
    3. Leapai A) was a MANDATORY you fuckwit and B ) Leapai is still a great deal better than Matthew Greer
    4. You're right, Wlad ISN'T Vitali....Wlad would knock Briggs out because Vitali hasn't sat down on his punches in ages.

Briggs is after Wladimir to get a payday and Wladimir is the only option for guaranteed money because Wladimir is THE champion. If Briggs fought Jennings or Fury or anyone else he'd get paid like the bum he is at this point in his career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who cares if leapai was # 1 mandatory, he was a complete bum. im not even a boxer and I would have done more damage. lol. povetkin got loved on by wlad in a hugfest initiated by wlad. haye was scared to death of wlad and did wlad capitalize off of that? no. he made it a snorefest and didnt do shit for 12 rds.
    the dude is champion of the world, and he sucks.

at least briggs would try to make it exciting for us boxing fans.

but we'll never know what would happen, because wlad is scared to fight him.

El Kabong Guest

Briggs would try to make it exciting.....you mean like he did with Liakahovich or Sultan Ibragimov?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that makes no sense. lol.

um...he ko'ed liakohovich. in dramatic fashion. a come from behind win.

much better that - than wlad/haye or wlad/povetkin. any day!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs is the one offering to catch 24 hr notice red eye flights and not even ask for his shoes back just to be 'mentioned' in division Wlad would be the laughing stock, even bigger, if he handed that one trick pony geezer a payday

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post

Briggs-Liakovich was probably the worst championship fight I have ever seen, and I fully grant you Wlad has had a few huge stinkers. The fact that Briggs was behind in that speaks for his worth at this level, Liakovich built up a lead by throwing about 7 punches, and that was almost 10 years ago now! Briggs arguably doesn't have an impressive win in his entire career for that matter, he's lost to every top guy he's ever fought.

*Also nice to see you made this exact same thread a few months back, before Briggs had even comeback from the Vitali beating. You seemed to have the same faith in him then, which says about all we need to know :P
    Last edited by p4pking; 07-24-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care what anyone says, I'd take Briggs vs Wlad over any of the other shit out there.

Briggs is in good shape so maybe he'd have a punchers chance.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post

It makes perfect sense if you bothered watching that fight. Shannon threw like 3 punches a round. And vs Sultan Briggs looked like he wasn't even interested in the fight....the fight to defend his title! The fight which had he won WOULD have set up the match vs Wlad.

But hey you just dream all you like sweetheart

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Briggs is in good shape so maybe he'd have a punchers chance.
    #1 Just because he looks like a bodybuilder doesn't mean he's in boxing shape ESPECIALLY when you're considering he'd be sharing the ring with Wlad who is always in top shape

#2 A punchers chance doesn't mean much vs Wlad these days. Also Briggs' punch output is extremely low which is yet another strike against him.

Put Briggs in with some contenders and maybe he could earn a shot but I highly doubt it

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir v briggs would be a dire fight... absolutely no need for it at all... maybe it would have been interesting 10 years ago but now? no way.. Briggs does bugger all for 95% of his fights v contendors these days... Wladimir is also more than happy to stand off his opponents and jab away.. I think it would be far worse than the haye fight, haye was quick at least and it was semi interesting watching watching him evade wladimir... Briggs would just stand there and get jabbed all night :S.... Terrible idea for a fight, I think people who want this to happen are buying into the shoe throwing and shouting just like hayes t-shirts and following wladimir around :S

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basically what palmerq said above this would be Wladimir's easiest opponent in a few years, including lepai. Did ya'll see how effin bad briggs looked against vitali, couldn't touch him once, and some of you think he'd manage to catch wladimir a few years later Wlad mid round ko only cause briggs can eat a shit ton of punismhemt, please don't let this fight come to fruition. Wlad should get pulev out of the way then fight the "new guys" and call it a day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets wait until Briggs fights someone with a pulse before we get excited
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd fully get behind Briggs if he showed any interest in making some kind of crossroads fight, he'd be a very live gatekeeper against Wilder or Fury, for instance. I imagine he doesn't actually believe he could win another big fight and just wants to get paid though. Can't blame him, but Wlad would be wasting everyones time with it and I doubt it would be that lucrative for him. The guy can make a small fortune fighting the likes of Lepai, Briggs wouldn't be a strong enough B side to make sense.

Thread Information