Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGG v. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate, 30, a big, strong middleweight with vaunted punching power and a big win against N'Jikam. GGG, 32, also, a strong middleweight, although not as big as GGG, with big wins coming against Geale, Macklin and Stevens. How does it play out?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG v. Kid Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Kid Chocolate, 30, a big, strong middleweight with vaunted punching power and a big win against N'Jikam. GGG, 32, also, a strong middleweight, although not as big as GGG, with big wins coming against Geale, Macklin and Stevens. How does it play out?
    Until saturday I thought GG was too much for Quillan.

Now

I can't tell.

If Geale had any power GG would be in our prayers.
    If Winky Wright had any power Quillan would be learning how to tie his shoes all over again.
    Right now it's a 50 50 fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post

Now

I can't tell.

If Winky Wright had any power Quillan would be learning how to tie his shoes all over again.
    50-50? Odd because no sensible person would give even money on GG

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Now

I can't tell.

No sensible person would be jockriding a 32 y/o fighter who's best win is Kassim Ouma.

GG's defense has more holes than an Iraqi oil field.

Andre Ward MADE Golovkin's trainer stop saying he'll fight anybody.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now

I can't tell.

No sensible person would be jockriding a 32 y/o fighter who's best win is Kassim Ouma.

@cyclone - I read a pretty good article here by Stephen Edwards where he points out why GGG's style doesn't call for expert defense. He says that "his defense is good enough for how he fights. An imposing puncher like GGG does not need rapid or freakish head movement. If he did that, it would take him out of position and tire him out. Look at Julio Cesar Chavez or Joe Louis's defense. They calmly parried punches and used their presence to intimidate fighters." Are you sure his defensive faults merit such criticism?

Also, he can't duck a fighter in the weight class above him. Floyd didn't duck Sergio Martinez. Ward hasn't ducked Kovalev. Would it improve GGG's legacy to beat Ward more than it would to beat Kid Chocolate? Absolutely, as it would have for Floyd's legacy to beat Sergio more than beating Maidana.

Why aren't you impressed with GGG? He hits like a mule. He provides highlight reel knockouts in every fight. He's also willing to fight anyone in his division.

I'm not jumping on his bandwagon and saying he would beat Hopkins or Ward when his best wins are against Macklin and Geale. That's a ridiculous overstatement when he hasn't even fought above 160 or against someone remotely on their level. On the other hand, given the way he took care of Macklin and Geale, I'd be surprised if anyone at 160, other than Floyd, could beat him, and I don't think that's overrating him. Do you?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the best fight out there and it forces Cotto to have to fight the winner. GGG batters Quillen but in a entertaining fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now

I can't tell.

Geale and Macklin were both rated within the top ten. Geale would be the best he's fought? Geale ain't nothing special but he was definitely rated higher than Ouma

So it's fine for Ward to say he doesn't need to move up but not Golovkin Ward ain't even fighting at this stage

Golovkin knocks out Quillin
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin could well have too much length and athleticism for GGG to deal with.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Woold kid chocolate be able to slice and dice this Central Asian charlatan?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now

I can't tell.

So if the fight is made youd give me even money on GG? Can I have 10k on it

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now

I can't tell.

Yeah , cos Ward has shown everybody since what he's capable of in the ring , hasn't he?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Now

I can't tell.

Yeah , cos Ward has shown everybody since what he's capable of in the ring , hasn't he?
    It doesn't matter what Ward has done. What matters is GGGs team made 1000 excuses not to fight. There is no denying they made excuse after excuse. I mean EVERY fighter tries to fight the bigger names because it means bigger paydays, that's why everyone wants Floyd and Pac. GGGs people claimed GGG needed to become a bigger name, it's laughable. Then when he did become a bigger name they said he was too big a name. Even though he was still cashing smaller checks!! And his claims of being too small, well he was willing to go to 168 in 2011 for Steiglitz, but he's a small middleweight when it comes to Ward. He was willing to go to 168 for Chavez, but he's a small middleweight when it comes to Ward. He was willing to go to 168 for Froch, but he's a small middleweight when it comes to Ward. They asked Ward to cut 8 pounds and take a paycut FFS. If you can't admit they did everything to avoid Ward you are simply full of shit.

Ward has wasted his career, that is undeniable. What else is undeniable is GGGs people avoided Ward like the plague. I mean when it was proposed it was 10 excuses and maybe in 2013, then it was 10 more excuses and maybe in 2014, well in the middle of 2014 it went to maybe in 2016. Seriously, I'm not making that up. It's so ridiculous it sounds made up but no, they expect people to believe GGG has so many good fights lined up that the one fight people are talking about can be pushed off for at least a year and a half hahaha. Good luck with the excuses and the fictional fight against Canelo/Cotto winner GGG since theyboth have rematch clauses. But team GGG already knew that, we all knew that, all the talk is just BS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin is good, quick and packs a respectable punch. He battered Winky Wright.

GGG really looks to be special though and should TKO Quillin late or win a UD with a couple of knockdowns.

It's a damn good fight though Nd should be made. I read on boxingscene that GGG was looking at Sam Solimon next. Why? Solomon is a windmill and all heart but he'd be taken out quick.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its one that needs to happen especially now with some pieces sorted out. Cotto should look for his initial defense and these two dogs have been in the yard well before. I think Quillin has a legit shot and has been making it a point to work on boxing. Each has not faced the level and package the other would bring. Quillin attacks with both hands and power that has remained consistent but even as a fan I wonder about his mentality...too patient. Golovkin being 'willing' to give up defense, and equally spar around with a beaten Adama type...that could be a receipt for disaster and Peter would hit him with stuff he has never been hit with. Its a damn fine match who's time has come.

Just happened to see Quillins next fight is with Andy Lee on the Mayweather undercard?

Thread Information