Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Quite angry about Ebola coverage

I couldn't help noticing how quiet the Western media was while the Ebola virus was busily burning through 600 people in West Africa. Funny that, as the story reads like several Hollywood films and lazy talentless journalists love to already have a plot for their usual drivel.

It seems that there is now a risk that the virus might travel outside West Africa, as quarantine has not been successful.

Now it's all over the news, governments are meeting to discuss it and people seem to have started to seriously research a vaccine.

Am I being over cynical in equating all this new coverage and efforts with the fact that somebody white and non African might get sick?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Quite angry about Ebola coverage

..............that is your worst joke ever

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...... It's not even a joke.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the coverage is good. It's not my concern what goes on over there, I'm more concerned with what goes on over there possibly coming over here.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ...... It's not even a joke.
    .....still not laughing....Jesus, is everything ok X?

El Kabong Guest

I'll help you out X

A black guy walks into a bar with a parrot on his head. The bartender says "Where did you get that?" The parrot says "Africa....they're everywhere!"

El Kabong Guest

But to be serious, yeah the Ebola outbreak is horrific. Luckily (I guess ) Ebola kills people so fucking fast it's difficult to really have a Spanish Flu type of outbreak

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I couldn't help noticing how quiet the Western media was while the Ebola virus was busily burning through 600 people in West Africa. Funny that, as the story reads like several Hollywood films and lazy talentless journalists love to already have a plot for their usual drivel.

It seems that there is now a risk that the virus might travel outside West Africa, as quarantine has not been successful.

Now it's all over the news, governments are meeting to discuss it and people seem to have started to seriously research a vaccine.

Am I being over cynical in equating all this new coverage and efforts with the fact that somebody white and non African might get sick?
    Check out African wars over the past few decades that feature industrial slaughter, horrific brutality that makes ISIS look like Sunday School teachers and epic numbers of dead and never get a mention in our media. All our governments did was sell weapons to them, normally to both sides.

Contrast that with war coverage from a region we give a shit about like the Middle East. Africans need to dig for oil.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Africans need to dig for oil.
    ....they actually have and sell quite a bit of oil. A lot of African oil goes to Europe and China.

But being the wizen liberal you are you probably A) Already knew that and B ) had protested against Africa being taken advantage of by countries like China and Russia.....oh wait you ONLY do that when America is at fault...my bad

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ....they actually have and sell quite a bit of oil. A lot of African oil goes to Europe and China.

But being the wizen liberal you are you probably A) Already knew that and B ) had protested against Africa being taken advantage of by countries like China and Russia.....oh wait you ONLY do that when America is at fault...my bad

Africa has about nine percent of world reserves. The Middle East has sixty percent. A lot of African oil goes to America too, but where it goes is irrelevant. Oil is a fungible product, it's available for sale globally. What really matters is who gets to produce it.

It's interesting that you're comparing American and Chinese actions in Africa to get access to African resources. There's quite a historical record to look back on. One country largely supplies their guy with millions of dollars of weapons. The other country sets up economic co-operation agreements, sends engineers to build roads, dams and so on, sends cheap consumer goods and sets up economic development funds to allow the Arfican countries to bypass the World Bank and the IMF which lock African countries into the tender mercies of the western financial system.

Which country do you think aspiring developing African democracies want to do deals with?

El Kabong Guest

....so again, you said
    And I replied "Actually they do have oil and sell it to various places"....which you apparently deemed an unworthy response to your whining.

As for China's involvement in Africa I bring them up because although America might lock the African nations into the IMF World Bank system IF African nations took that route Western nations such as America would be less tolerable of happenings like the genocide in Darfur, the Rwandan Civil War, etc, which China was more than happy to stay completely out of and allow the chips to fall where they may.

But you're right, the United States NEVER EVER EVER invests in infrastructure in other nations. We're really horrible at it. We never help the world...never. Not via The Marshall Plan, not just in general helping out after floods, hurricanes, earthquakes. We didnt' build schools and roads in Iraq and Afghanistan either of course....we just rape and pillage the world, we provide no safe haven for anyone but those dirty capitalists pigs who steal from and kill the brown people right comrade?

How about you just stop thinking up new posts and just put "It's America's Fault!" for every single reply you give? I'd hate for you to waste your time on debate.....especially since you're not all that great at it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ....so again, you said
    And I replied "Actually they do have oil and sell it to various places"....which you apparently deemed an unworthy response to your whining.

As for China's involvement in Africa I bring them up because although America might lock the African nations into the IMF World Bank system IF African nations took that route Western nations such as America would be less tolerable of happenings like the genocide in Darfur, the Rwandan Civil War, etc, which China was more than happy to stay completely out of and allow the chips to fall where they may.

But you're right, the United States NEVER EVER EVER invests in infrastructure in other nations. We're really horrible at it. We never help the world...never. Not via The Marshall Plan, not just in general helping out after floods, hurricanes, earthquakes. We didnt' build schools and roads in Iraq and Afghanistan either of course....we just rape and pillage the world, we provide no safe haven for anyone but those dirty capitalists pigs who steal from and kill the brown people right comrade?

How about you just stop thinking up new posts and just put "It's America's Fault!" for every single reply you give? I'd hate for you to waste your time on debate.....especially since you're not all that great at it.
    Why are resource-rich African countries queuing up to do business with China but not with America? Why do business with a Communist tyranny but not the world's greatest democracy?

You could read up about it but there's such a vast amount of information that you'd soon be facing shelf overload. If one of the little screws that holds the little shelf brackets onto the inside of your head works loose you could even be looking at total shelf collapse. So be careful out there.

Thread Information