Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins v. Kovalev in Atlantic City if Kovalev Wins this Weekend

This is a great fight at light heavyweight. I like Hopkins in this one if there is no testing.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins v. Kovalev in Atlantic City if Kovalev Wins this Weekend

Massive respect to Hopkins if this happens. Nearly 50 and he's trying to unify titles against a pretty brutal puncher. Win or Lose ( and I haven't a clue who to pick) he deserves credit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins rocks Kovi to sleep in a snoozer. Grab, spin, smother, punch on the break... rinse and repeat. My only hope is that Kovi drops Hopkins and with a shot and then puts him through the ropes. Then again .. Knowing hopkins, he'd pull another cintron (or did cintron pull a hopkins) and use it as a way to get a rematch. Either way, hope Kovalev puts and end to hopkins smoke an mirrors show. At least foreman fought his opponents when he was old.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the papa will send the young boy back to old school!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I've picked against Hopkins exactly 1 time since he obliterated Dennis Milton a lifetime ago. This will be number 2. Been thinking it for eight or so months, Kovalev has the ring savvy and complete unshakable arsenal to knock Hopkins out.

Nothing but respect and tip of the hat to Hopkins who is facing challenges kids half his age shy away from. First things first, and very savvy timing on announcement ....Kovalev must focus on this cagey Aussie tomorrow night. Nothing else.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Splendid stuff. Sometimes it's easy to criticise Hopkins, but you cannot criticise that. Good on you, BHop.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So awesome if this fight happens. I don't see bhop winning this. I actually think that he pulls a fake injury because he knows he will get knocked out.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Kov stops him. Kov is a different animal to the the guys Hops been fighting the last 4 years or so. Hop will go into survival mode early.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Believe in Hopkins.

He can beat Adonis or Kovalev.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins is fighting a very dangerous man. Kovalev is probably the hardest p4p puncher today. Hopkins will box, but he is nearly 50, and this makes it a very exciting fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if this happens its my favourite fight of the year to happen

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I over rate kovalev but I think that he is the real deal. I think that he is better than we think. He reminds me almost exactly of ggg. Both huge punchers that just need that one big win to put them over the top. The difference between kovalev and ggg IMO is that kovalev is an even harder puncher. He sets up his shots well and doesn't get over anxious at all. I think he beats bhop then KO's Stevenson. He will then be a top few p4p fighter.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Hopkins rocks Kovi to sleep in a snoozer. Grab, spin, smother, punch on the break... rinse and repeat. My only hope is that Kovi drops Hopkins and with a shot and then puts him through the ropes. Then again .. Knowing hopkins, he'd pull another cintron (or did cintron pull a hopkins) and use it as a way to get a rematch. Either way, hope Kovalev puts and end to hopkins smoke an mirrors show. At least foreman fought his opponents when he was old.
    I hear you sir, loud and clear, haven't liked Hopkins since I first saw him in his executioner hood.
    I definitely want to see him get beat, but I do respect the fact that he is still fighting at a high level at his age.
    I'm beginning to wonder if Hopkins isn't as amazed as the rest of us, and is fighting not because he loves it or needs the money, but because he also wants to see how long his run is going to last, plus plant his legacy in concrete.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way, contrast Hopkins attitude to facing Kovalev with Stevenson's, and Kovalev's attitude with Stevenson's. Kovalev and Hopkins want the best at 175 and Stevenson, well, he doesn't.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Splendid stuff. Sometimes it's easy to criticise Hopkins, but you cannot criticise that. Good on you, BHop.
    ... apparently Stevenson's camp caused all of this by wanting to be blocked in with Showtime and Haymon.

Haymon had better watch it before a wave of fighters start to leave his camp, go with Golden Boy and opt to remain away from Showtime.

Mayweather will soon retire... and the Mayweather money will soon run out... be mindful.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information