Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froch says he would rather retire than fight Degale - So what is Froch gonna do next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch says he would rather retire than fight Degale - So what is Froch gonna do next?

Can't see him retiring without a fight in Vegas or Nottingham Forest FC stadium (2 of his dreams) don't see him wanting Kessler 3 either and he says Degale isn't good enough....

I personally would love to see him in with GGG but i don't think Golovkin wants any part of Froch at this point in his career (He dodged that question very well the other week)

Talks with Bob Arum/Chavez are going "Slowly" says Eddie Hearn

“We still have the same options of Chavez, James DeGale and Mikkel Kessler.” adds Hearn.

Froch Says

"If I can't fight in Vegas, I need a serious think about whether I want to finish by fighting DeGale, and beating him," Froch told BBC Radio Nottingham.
    "I don't know if I can get motivated to fight him. He's not good enough. If Vegas can't happen I'll seriously consider retiring."
    After knocking out Groves, Froch was undecided on whether he would fight again, but he is keen to "tick the final box" in his career, whether it is against Chavez Jr or another boxer in America.
    "I want to finish my career in Las Vegas, because it's not something I've done as a professional. I've done all the fighting that I can. I've achieved all I wanted to achieve. Now it's just about ticking a final box," he said.
    "To fight there like many of my heroes have before me would be phenomenal. All I want is the glamour side of it. I'm not too fussed about fame.
    "There are a couple of other fights out there for me in America so if there are options there I'd rather take that than fight DeGale."

Read more at Carl Froch: I'd rather quit than fight James DeGale if Chavez Jr swansong in Las Vegas falls through | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch says he would rather retire than fight Degale - So what is Froch gonna do n

id like to see him fight degale, and it would probably be for big money but I don't blame him for what hes saying
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch says he would rather retire than fight Degale - So what is Froch gonna do n

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    id like to see him fight degale, and it would probably be for big money but I don't blame him for what hes saying

I don't see a Degale fight generating that much money at all...he was fighting in sports halls only last year

If Degale won a belt then slightly different story but it would have to be in England that fight and again Froch is now only banging on about the US even though he said he'd love to fight at Nottingham Forests ground, maybe that dream has gone now he's filled Wembley Stadium with nearly 80,000 punters

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

I don't see a Degale fight generating that much money at all...he was fighting in sports halls only last year

If Degale won a belt then slightly different story but it would have to be in England that fight and again Froch is now only banging on about the US even though he said he'd love to fight at Nottingham Forests ground, maybe that dream has gone now he's filled Wembley Stadium with nearly 80,000 punters

I dunno, I reckon he'd get more for degale than he would for chavez

I understand why hed rather fight chavez tho

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really... Why?

I just don't see how Degale generates £$£$£

Don't get me wrong i think it would be a decent fight but Degale at present has fuck all fan base because he carries himself as an arrogant cunt and to be honest only looked good in his last fight.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch needs a big one for his swansong - Degale is not it

Has to be Vegas. Has to be
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I make him right. DeGale is not worth a fight. Not yet.

Chavez all day long.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really... Why?

I just don't see how Degale generates £$£$£

Don't get me wrong i think it would be a decent fight but Degale at present has fuck all fan base because he carries himself as an arrogant cunt and to be honest only looked good in his last fight.

just the domestic side of things

froch v degale would generate enough interest

might not fill Wembley but would fill the city ground at least id say

degale might not get too many fans for his lesser fights but hes still a well known name

might be wrong tho

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Incorrect. He'd make significantly more money against Junior in Vegas. Sure, ticket sales for Froch in England will be better than for a fight against DeGale or Junior here, but the American PPV money that a fight would generate would trump all that. Plus, it's a fight in Vegas. Froch has fought all over the world, but not yet Vegas. I bet he'd get a good number of Brits to Vegas for the fight too, maybe 4-5k.

If Froch versus Junior is made, I'm flying to Vegas to see it. Sounds like too much fun to miss.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Froch wants to fight in Vegas then Junior, Ward, Kessler and GGG should be good options.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Froch wants to fight in Vegas then Junior, Ward, Kessler and GGG should be good options.
    Master,

I think your previous post may have been a revelation about the money involved in the last fight Groves-Froch. Froch got 8 million and Groves got 2!

Look at those figures with a cynical eye!

1. Howard Foster cost George Groves 6 million quid! Groves was robbed of the original fight and should have been defending champion in the rematch.
    2. There is not a fight to be made that includes James De Gale that makes 1 million let alone 10!
    3. Chavez wants none of it because Froch wont sell well on US PPV, and Chavez will probably get beat.
    4. The most 'retirement' money Froch could make would be a rematch with Groves, this could yet happen.

On balance I think if Froch cant get what amounts to an easy fight against Chavez he will probably retire, good luck to him. He would have had in his time an easy win for big money against Calslappy, he wasnt given that chance but GG gave him the big money chance in their rematch, so retirement fund already sorted Goodnight Eileen.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Master,

I think your previous post may have been a revelation about the money involved in the last fight Groves-Froch. Froch got 8 million and Groves got 2!

Look at those figures with a cynical eye!

1. Howard Foster cost George Groves 6 million quid! Groves was robbed of the original fight and should have been defending champion in the rematch.
    2. There is not a fight to be made that includes James De Gale that makes 1 million let alone 10!
    3. Chavez wants none of it because Froch wont sell well on US PPV, and Chavez will probably get beat.
    4. The most 'retirement' money Froch could make would be a rematch with Groves, this could yet happen.

On balance I think if Froch cant get what amounts to an easy fight against Chavez he will probably retire, good luck to him. He would have had in his time an easy win for big money against Calslappy, he wasnt given that chance but GG gave him the big money chance in their rematch, so retirement fund already sorted Goodnight Eileen.
    I think Froch wants to achieve his life long ambitions and fighting in Vegas may be one of them. Has he ever fought at MSG? If he had his way I am sure he would want a rubber match with Kessler and to avenge his loss against Ward. I also think he fancies winning a final fight at light heavy to cement his legacy which he loves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If any of you mugs come to Vegas for this, I'll meet you on the strip and we'll have at it with some drinks. I'll be sure to grab some fight tix as well, however mine will be In the back row of either MGM or Mandalay. I would pay to see Froch. He's earned it

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post
    If any of you mugs come to Vegas for this, I'll meet you on the strip and we'll have at it with some drinks. I'll be sure to grab some fight tix as well, however mine will be In the back row of either MGM or Mandalay. I would pay to see Froch. He's earned it
    Sounds like a plan!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post
    Can you sort out hookers?

Thread Information