Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Terence Crawford vs. Mikey Garcia.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terence Crawford vs. Mikey Garcia.

Who would win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford vs. Mikey Garcia.

That would be a helluva fight I would probably lean a little towards Mikey. What I would really like to see would be Mikey vs Broner, Garcia would beat the breaks off him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia seems to be having promotional managerial disputes at the moment but would be a cracking fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinking Crawford would be too sharp down the middle and versatile for Garcia.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting fight but I would have to bet on Crawfords superior athleticism over Garcias punch. Both r technicians with solid fundamentals. Garcia seems to be slightly stronger and have the bigger punch, but fights at a very measured pace. Crawford seems to be faster and more athletic to me, and this usually beats power in the end. Good fight though.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

You are one of the most together smartest posters I have ever run into on any forum and I was thinking the exact opposite. Garcia to me has the line down the middle.

Based on my own testimony I suppose that makes me one of the dumbest.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

You are one of the most together smartest posters I have ever run into on any forum and I was thinking the exact opposite. Garcia to me has the line down the middle.

Ha, well thanks bud. Much respect. But don't underestimate my knack for foot in mouth...you're talking to a guy who picked Rafa Ruelas to ko De La Hoya and Hatton to tko Mayweather ....

But really, I like me some Garcia. Great steady execution and mobile boxer with a punch. I just see Crawford a much more serious professional with an identity. Natural weight, solid chin and adaptability to fight lefty-righty..the chip on his shoulder is a bonus in firefights too. Garcia gets a little erratic and over extends himself. Not to mention the hopscotch weight jumping-blowing I just don't think he has given himself time to catchup. Just big on identity fights before a guy goes up myself otherwise I start to think its all for the wrong reasons and lack of focus. Martinez had spots where he showed sharp counters had Garcia resetting. To be frank I see Crawfords style and arsenal off front or backfoot torturing a lightweight Garcia.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

skills wise they are close, Id probably lean towards Garcia but Crawford is a big lightweight and might just be too strong for Garcia. Id definitely favor Crawford if they were to fight this year.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Ha, well thanks bud. Much respect. But don't underestimate my knack for foot in mouth...you're talking to a guy who picked Rafa Ruelas to ko De La Hoya and Hatton to tko Mayweather ....

But really, I like me some Garcia. Great steady execution and mobile boxer with a punch. I just see Crawford a much more serious professional with an identity. Natural weight, solid chin and adaptability to fight lefty-righty..the chip on his shoulder is a bonus in firefights too. Garcia gets a little erratic and over extends himself. Not to mention the hopscotch weight jumping-blowing I just don't think he has given himself time to catchup. Just big on identity fights before a guy goes up myself otherwise I start to think its all for the wrong reasons and lack of focus. Martinez had spots where he showed sharp counters had Garcia resetting. To be frank I see Crawfords style and arsenal off front or backfoot torturing a lightweight Garcia.
    Lol at the bag over your head. Well I picked Hatton also and if not for Cortez.....and I actually said these words, "Gatti is going to take him into deep water and drown him"

Unfortunately I was unable to find a double bag over ones head jpeg

This fight is definitely a war over the inside. Agree that Garcia can look a little robotic and seems to almost stop to shoot. Interesting fight.

Thread Information