Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wow Robin Williams Dies

Meh suiciders don't impress me in the least. Oooh I cut myself... so fuckin' what.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are generally fed up with mental health sufferers. It's easy enough to be the bleeding heart liberal on paper and say all this stuff about being tolerant and all that other nonsense, but to be dealing with them is a whole other story.

ME ME ME!!! MY NEEDS! MY SUFFERING!!! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE MEEEEEE! WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE MEEEEEE! HELP MEEEE! UNDERSTAND MEEEE! MEE MEE MEEEEEEE! HOW COME YOUR WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND MEEEEE!

Ugh.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    if people really cared about him, then this could have been avoided.
    I don't know if that is the case...to be helped you have to want help, to want help you have to realize you need help, and to do that you probably have to feel like help will produce results.

As for his money, the tv show, etc I think comedians are some of the most neurotic and psychologically fragile people there are. Over the course of his life Robin had seen many friends pass away, he had suffered through some bad marriages, he had battled depression, and to top it all off, as a comedian he was expected to make people laugh every night, each time bigger than the last. That can wear on a person, that can make a person worry if he's still got "it", plus at this point in his life he just wanted to relax and be with his family. The money was an issue, but he could always get more, granted his sitcom failed but the man was a Julliard trained actor he could teach, he could have gotten an HBO gig, he could have done voiceover work for a cartoon, the world was still his oyster at 63.....just shows how low he sank psychologically.

It is a shame sometimes that we cannot view ourselves through the eyes of those around us.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Love his quotes cocaine is gods way of telling you that you have too much money.

10 inspiring and funny Robin Williams quotes - Showbiz Feature - Digital Spy

I do actually not know a lot about this guy but i like quotes like that and i just felt like i had to look up some quotes from this guy, and i came across this one: and i thought of his actions a few days ago...

Robin Williams - "Suicide is a Permanent Solution to Temporary Problems"

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I think people are generally fed up with mental health sufferers. It's easy enough to be the bleeding heart liberal on paper and say all this stuff about being tolerant and all that other nonsense, but to be dealing with them is a whole other story.

ME ME ME!!! MY NEEDS! MY SUFFERING!!! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE MEEEEEE! WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE MEEEEEE! HELP MEEEE! UNDERSTAND MEEEE! MEE MEE MEEEEEEE! HOW COME YOUR WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND MEEEEE!

Ugh.
    Your mask just slipped there. What an idiot you are.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Ugh.
    Your mask just slipped there. What an idiot you are.

Sorry, I perhaps I shouldn't be personal. It's just you post as though you are an idiot.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, I perhaps I shouldn't be personal. It's just you post as though you are an idiot.

Yeah but you can't pick apart what's wrong or stupid about what I said mate.

I don't even think you comprehend what I said.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah but you can't pick apart what's wrong or stupid about what I said mate.

I don't even think you comprehend what I said.
    Yeah your last post was all a bit high brow for me....

Very classy too considering what this thread is about.

To put it simply, yes of course suicide is selfish, and yes of course it's the wrong decision. But the point is me (and you I presume) are making that judgement with a healthy mind.
    Clinical, deep depression robs somebody of that rational thought process. So we should not judge their desperate actions when we are not in their position.
    Would you judge a dementia sufferer by the actions they take?

The very nature of depression is that it changes your brain patterns. Sufferers do not have the benefit of the rational, logical minds that healthy people have.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To put it simply, yes of course suicide is selfish, and yes of course it's the wrong decision. But the point is me (and you I presume) are making that judgement with a healthy mind.
    Clinical, deep depression robs somebody of that rational thought process. So we should not judge their desperate actions when we are not in their position.

The very nature of depression is that it changes your brain patterns. Sufferers do not have the benefit of the rational, logical minds that healthy people have.
    Riddle me this, mate: what did I say in my post that you quoted that went against anything you just said here?

El Kabong Guest

Riddle me this, mate: what did I say in my post that you quoted that went against anything you just said here?
    Ah my copyrighted phrase! (which yes was also used by The Riddler)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really liked Williams. He was outstanding and there will not be another like him.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've said they are weak men. Called it the cowards way out. You also just posted a 'ME ME ME' etc post that is pretty obvious you are judging them harshly.

Those are comments that go against what I was saying of it's not right to judge their actions from the perspective of a healthy mind. You are clearly condemning their actions and using a viewpoint from a healthy mind to do so. I say that that isn't a fair way to judge them.
    2011/12 - 2nd

El Kabong Guest

Now they are saying he had Parkinson's as well. That couldn't have helped

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Now they are saying he had Parkinson's as well. That couldn't have helped
    Damn to be honest that makes it a lot more understandable for me. Truthfully if I was diagnosed with something like that or ALS I'd probably commit suicide.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've said they are weak men. Called it the cowards way out. You also just posted a 'ME ME ME' etc post that is pretty obvious you are judging them harshly.

Those are comments that go against what I was saying of it's not right to judge their actions from the perspective of a healthy mind. You are clearly condemning their actions and using a viewpoint from a healthy mind to do so. I say that that isn't a fair way to judge them.
    I don't remember saying that (without taking it back, anyway).

What I said in the post you quotes was, in summary, that people typically have a shorter fuse with mentally ill people because it's always selfish, always about them, always "me me me".

What you said was yeah, it is selfish and it is me me me, but people should try to be more understanding because mentally ill people often don't realize how selfish they're being due to the illness.

I don't really see how these are opposing viewpoints, or how what I said could even be argued. Any mental health advocate will tell you that there isn't enough compassion and understanding given to those with mental health issues.

Instead, you ran in like a white knight without even really acknowledging what I was saying. I didn't even give a personal viewpoint in what I said. You basically agreed with what I said.

Thread Information